Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA Non-Conference, Week 0, NEW OPPONENTS FOR ONCE!!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Non-Conference, Week 0, NEW OPPONENTS FOR ONCE!!!!

Between the potential for Week 0, and the Lincoln week, MIAA schools can finally play some new opponents if they so choose. Any grumblings on who people want to play for week 0 if it is approved later this month?

WEEK 0 TRACKER

Central Oklahoma
    Central Missouri
    Washburn (@ Emporia)
    UNK (@ Chadron State)
    Northeastern State (HOME vs Missouri Western)
    Emporia State (HOME vs Washburn)
    NW Missouri (HOME vs Minnesota-Mankato)
    Missouri Southern (@ Midwestern State)
    Fort Hays State (HOME vs Angelo State)
    Missouri Western (@ Northeastern State)
    Pittsburg State (HOME vs Ferris State)

MIAA "bye weeks" tracker (Opponents in Bold/Italic)

WEEK 1 ~ Central Oklahoma
    WEEK 1 ~ Washburn BYE
    WEEK 2 ~ Washburn (HOME vs Colorado Mines)
    WEEK 3 ~ Central Missouri
    WEEK 4 ~ Pitt State BYE
    WEEK 5 ~ UNK (@SW Minnesota)
    WEEK 6 ~ Northeastern State
    WEEK 7 ~ Emporia State BYE
    WEEK 8 ~ NW Missouri BYE
    WEEK 8 ~ Missouri Western BYE
    WEEK 9 ~ Missouri Southern
    WEEK 10 ~ Fort Hays State
    WEEK 10 ~ Pitt State BYE
    WEEK 11 ~ Missouri Western (HOME vs Quincy)

Note: Missouri Western @ Northeastern State was flexed from Week 8 to Week 0. Northeastern State also has a week 6 opening (has not released schedule yet)
    Note: Turnpike Tussle (Washburn/Emporia) was flexed from Week 1 to Week 0. Washburn now has a week 1 bye

MIAA Football 2024 Schedule: https://themiaa.com/documents/2023/2...l_Schedule.pdf
    Last edited by AlexTheHAMMER; 04-03-2024, 11:36 PM.

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
    Between the potential for Week 0, and the Lincoln week, MIAA schools can finally play some new opponents if they so choose. Any grumblings on who people want to play for week 0 if it is approved later this month?

WEEK 0 TRACKER

Central Oklahoma
    Washburn
    UNK
    Northeastern State
    Emporia State
    NW Missouri
    Missouri Southern
    Fort Hays State
    Missouri Western

MIAA "bye weeks" tracker (Opponents in Bold/Italic)

WEEK 1 ~ Central Oklahoma
    WEEK 2 ~ Washburn (HOME vs Colorado Mines)
    WEEK 3 ~ Central Missouri
    WEEK 4 ~ Pittsburg State
    WEEK 5 ~ UNK (@SW Minnesota)
    WEEK 6 ~ Northeastern State
    WEEK 7 ~ Emporia State
    WEEK 8 ~ NW Missouri
    WEEK 9 ~ Missouri Southern
    WEEK 10 ~ Fort Hays State
    WEEK 11 ~ Missouri Western

MIAA Football 2024 Schedule: https://themiaa.com/documents/2023/2...l_Schedule.pdf
    I am sure PSU would be on the week 0 list, or fill their bye. Probably need to take WU and UNK off the week 0. I don't think youre allowed more than 11 games.
    Some good matchups, Though!

Comment

It sounds like D2 plans to oppose week 0. There's a thread on the main gen discussion forum about it.

Comment

Here is inkblots post from that thread

It will be voted on at the convention. The Division II Management Council and Presidents Council both oppose it, so we'll see.

The Management Council agreed to oppose this proposal due to the proposal being contrary to the Life in the Balance philosophy. Specifically, the Council noted concerns related to the student-athlete experience and student-athletes feeling compelled to forgo participating in nonathletically related activities, such as summer jobs and internships. The Council also noted the potential impact this proposal would have on athletics administrators. Further, the Council noted the budget impact this proposal would have on institutions, as well as institutions having to potentially cut institutional programming short (e.g., camps) due to football teams coming back early. Finally, the Council noted that there are other possible solutions (e.g., playing 10 contests, adding a 12th week at the end of the football season and adjusting the postseason schedule to be played one week later) to accomplish what the proposal is seeking to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I am sure PSU would be on the week 0 list, or fill their bye. Probably need to take WU and UNK off the week 0. I don't think youre allowed more than 11 games.
          Yeah, I believe you're right. The point is to finally build in a bye week for D2 (11 games in 12 weeks). It would be insane to start camp in late July and, if you're a playoff team, go four months without a break.

Comment

I agree. The bye week is what needs to happen. I don't care if it's week 12 or week 0 that gets added.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

At this point I am going off of schools that have released their 2024 schedules, the list will look a lot more complete in March/April i think

Comment

There is also the potential for some of them to replace the nsu game.

Comment

Week 0 passes by 9 votes.

Comment

Would love to see Hays do a week 0 game with CSUP

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                      Would love to see Hays do a week 0 game with CSUP
                      I think it would be great to watch CSUP play Fort Hays, Washburn, Pittsburg State and Emporia; teams CSUP (Southern Colorado State College) used to play when I was a kid. I'd like to see CSUP play Kearney too. These are teams the T-Wolves used to play back in the day.

Comment

I'm hoping schools will.start announcing some noncon games soon.

Comment

Is it true that NW passed up a chance to play GVSU last fall and played LU instead?

Comment

CSU-Pueblo is the home of former UNK AD Paul Plinske...

Comment

Missouri Western will host Quincy on week 11.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X