• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Ask Craig James. :laugh:

Comment

Let's be real, KK was one of about 180 D1 coaches who didn't think he was worth a scholarship. I think him turning out to be the QB he is, is more due to his tenacious work ethic and his desire to prove everyone wrong. He got into a system that worked really well with what he did and he was extremely successful. But let's not pretend that TT was the only school that didn't offer him a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        Let's be real, KK was one of about 180 D1 coaches who didn't think he was worth a scholarship. I think him turning out to be the QB he is, is more due to his tenacious work ethic and his desire to prove everyone wrong. He got into a system that worked really well with what he did and he was extremely successful. But let's not pretend that TT was the only school that didn't offer him a scholarship.
        If Michael Brewer never gets hurt, does the world ever even see Baker Mayfield play a second of power five football? It's a wild what if....

Comment

Eastern will probably light CWU up, so you can enjoy that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
            Eastern will probably light CWU up, so you can enjoy that.
            No enjoyment at all.

It will be meaningless game for CWU, as it has zero bearing on the D2 SOS.

That TAMUK announcement about having 13 home games in two years is also makeup on a pigs face.
            It is too late to book with another D2 schools for an opening week game, thanks to CWU. Raw deal, and I hope our Administrators can remember & learn from this.

Comment

Many years ago the Javelinas played Slippery Rock at home, and we won like 58 to 7.

This is our second game against Saginaw Valley.
              Last edited by HOGSVRR; 05-01-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                If Michael Brewer never gets hurt, does the world ever even see Baker Mayfield play a second of power five football? It's a wild what if....
                People seem to forget Mayfield was a turnover waiting to happen that year after his hot start. He fumbled quite a bit and pretty much locked in on Amaro as his receiver. What he was at OU was not what KK saw his freshman year.

The TCU game was a prime example, Davis Webb came off the bench to bale them out and win the game

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                  No enjoyment at all.

That TAMUK announcement about having 13 home games in two years is also makeup on a pigs face.
                  It is too late to book with another D2 schools for an opening week game, thanks to CWU. Raw deal, and I hope our Administrators can remember & learn from this.
                  Yeah, don't know what happened there. Pretty sure if they asked the CWU fans on the board whether they should play EWU or TAMUK, we'd all say TAMUK.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                    No enjoyment at all.

Yea this whole press release is nothing but lipstick on a pig. Spin like a true bureaucrat!

If we signed a deal without $1 of compensation, the administrator in question should be sent to clean out the AG barns on a permanent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Yes, but I watched him play as freshman and saw signs of a very capable Quarterback at that point. He produced at Tech when he was in the game. So, while others didn't offer him anything out of HS, they also didn't have the first hand knowledge KK had. KK knew he could run the system and produce which was more than some of the others he DID give scholarships to that you have never heard of. The bottom line is he plays favorites and wants yes men and his results on the field are a direct correlation to how he runs the program behind the scenes. Tech will never be any better than the Dykes years as long as they allow to park there. Not to mention, KK fought hard to keep a walkon from playing this last year because he changed schools in conference. If that's not a hypocrite, then show me who is. If you did not want Mayfield and thought he wasn't worthy of scholarship money then why in the H3LL would you care where he played? Could it be that you just cannot evaluate talent and are in over your head at TECH?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                        Yea this whole press release is nothing but lipstick on a pig. Spin like a true bureaucrat!

If we signed a deal without $1 of compensation, the administrator in question should be sent to clean out the AG barns on a permanent basis.

Comment

• 2018 Schedules

Last edited by LSC Fan; 05-01-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                            I agree 100%. I hope the CWU peeps hold their own administration accountable if this turns out to harm them in the end. Why they chose to go this route against a potential long term OOC opponent is puzzling to say the least , especially since they have issues scheduling games and the threat of Humboldt closing up shop football wise is still lurking.
                            Several reasons that might be behind their thinking was (1) playing Eastern Washington would be a gate guaranty (2) that 1st game of theirs was not going to be in Elburg it was to be in Seattle (3) they would have to rent a football field somewhere in Seattle and would have to pay (4) CWU's school year has not started by that game date---so no students and very few fans---very little money to be made (5) both times that I have been at their campus stadium there appeared to be about 800 people there, including about 400 of our California, Oregon, and Alaska alums---not a financial windfall for CWU (6) with playing Eastern Washington, at least they take home their guaranteed money.

Oh well, this sucks for us.
                            Last edited by HOGSVRR; 05-01-2018, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                              Several reasons that might be behind their thinking was (1) playing Eastern Washington would be a gate guaranty (2) that 1st game of theirs was not going to be in Elburg it was to be in Seattle (3) they would have to rent a football field somewhere in Seattle and would have to pay (4) CWU's school year has not started by that game date---so no students and very few fans---very little money to be made (5) both times that I have been at their campus stadium there appeared to be about 800 people there, including about 400 of our California, Oregon, and Alaska alums---not a financial windfall for CWU (6) with playing Eastern Washington, at least they take home their guarantied money.

Oh well, this sucks for us.

Comment

It's pretty damn unfair for the Hogs to back out at such a late date. Tough to find another opponent. I bet if an LSC/GNAC alliance ever comes up, TAMK will be a hard sell. And rightly so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X