Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Very glad TAMUK got the 11th game.

I have been pissed at our AD for some things, but sometimes I get really upset with the scheduling of football.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
      Yes, he played a lot. Could have done a 5th year last year as a starter but graduated instead.

Comment

Javelinas AD took a job at Delaware State

Comment

Actually, he git what amounted to a 1/2 scholarship which was very affordable. With his academics, I actually only picked up his apartment which was fine. I just get "head spinning" when all these D2 schools are signing 40-60 kids. I saw for myself that 75% of them are gone after a semester or 2. Why do you need 130 kids on the team? 85 would be plenty to practice. The kids outside of the top 90 get nothing out of this (very little practice time, a scrimmage every now and then) and the knowledge that come the next fall there will be 40-60 more bodies to compete with. I just think the onus should be on your coaches to actually recruit the best 20 kids they can get and manage their roster. My son's time at TAMC was very good (rings x 3) and they treated him well - not complaining about his situation - just the overall look of 40-60 bodies a year.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
            Actually, he git what amounted to a 1/2 scholarship which was very affordable. With his academics, I actually only picked up his apartment which was fine. I just get "head spinning" when all these D2 schools are signing 40-60 kids. I saw for myself that 75% of them are gone after a semester or 2. Why do you need 130 kids on the team? 85 would be plenty to practice. The kids outside of the top 90 get nothing out of this (very little practice time, a scrimmage every now and then) and the knowledge that come the next fall there will be 40-60 more bodies to compete with. I just think the onus should be on your coaches to actually recruit the best 20 kids they can get and manage their roster. My son's time at TAMC was very good (rings x 3) and they treated him well - not complaining about his situation - just the overall look of 40-60 bodies a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              and sit out a year unless they change divisions in order to go somewhere else. Only 5th year seniors can change schools with no repercussions.
              Not exactly correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Not exactly correct.
                Perhaps Techster is confusing fifth-year seniors still pursuing a degree (ie. redshirting first year on campus and playing three seasons with a fourth to go before degree completion) with 'grad transfers' who have their senior year of eligibility after earning their bachelor's degree.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Not exactly correct.
                  I was referring to 5th year red shirt seniors athletically not academically. Example QB Trevor Knight who left Oklahoma for A&M his last eligible season. The rule was put in place as a reward for students who had already gotten a degree. Hopes this clarifies.

Comment

I was referring to 5th year red shirt seniors athletically not academically. Example QB Trevor Knight who left Oklahoma for A&M his last eligible season. The rule was put in place as a reward for students who had already gotten a degree. Hopes this clarifies.
                    I believe a DII player can get a release from their current school, under the one time tranfer rule that would allow them to transfer to another program without sitting out a year. (Unless something has changed).
                    Last edited by ASUPops; 06-12-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I believe a DII player can get a release from their current school, under the one time tranfer rule that would allow them to transfer to another program without sitting out a year. (Unless something has changed).

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                        Perhaps Techster is confusing fifth-year seniors still pursuing a degree (ie. redshirting first year on campus and playing three seasons with a fourth to go before degree completion) with 'grad transfers' who have their senior year of eligibility after earning their bachelor's degree.
                        I was under the impression that the NCAA did away with the one yr. scholarships two or three years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                          I was under the impression that the NCAA did away with the one yr. scholarships two or three years ago.
                          No, scholarships are renewed, revised or dropped every year. Misconception most have when they hear an athlete has a full ride they assume its four years.

Comment

Not sure about D2 recruiting because it seems to go on until right before the fall practices began for football. Getting a release can be loads of fun also. I do remember an ark tech player playing at another D2 school the following year and that was two years ago.
                            If memory serves me right, players usually have an end of season interview/meeting in December where coaches discuss the previous seasons performance, academics, and advise them of their scholly amounts or lack there of. But it must take place by July 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
                              ...At a minimum, an athletic scholarship must be a one academic year agreement. In Division I, institutions are permitted to offer multiyear scholarships. Athletic scholarships may be renewed and the school must notify the student-athlete in writing by July 1 whether the athletic scholarship will be renewed for the next academic year. Individual schools have appeal policies for scholarships that are reduced or not renewed. In most cases, the coach decides who gets a scholarship, what it covers and whether it will be renewed...

Comment

No, scholarships are renewed, revised or dropped every year. Misconception most have when they hear an athlete has a full ride they assume its four years.
                                D1 CAN offer multi-year deals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X