X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    You coming to portales?
    Yes, more likely than not at this point.

Comment

I thought he was talking about the william jewel game?

Anybody comming for sure go to the Roosevelt brew house.
      Still on the fence for the WJ game. Dont think I want to make that drive to KC again for a walkover. We got great radio guys here in Commerce, so I will probably sit on the back porch with a cold beer & listen to that one.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        Everyone expect's WT to finish just barely ahead of Western New Mexico. Buffs won't pose anybody a problem; the perfect homecoming opponent. I'm not even sure they'll have enough players to field a team. One bus will be plenty.
        Surprised that WT is projected to finish ahead of WNMU for 2018. The Mustangs beat WT at the Bro this past season in their last game. Hopefully Coach Hughes can pull a few surprises, that is if one believes in miracles.

Comment

Everyone expect's WT to finish just barely ahead of Western New Mexico. Buffs won't pose anybody a problem; the perfect homecoming opponent. I'm not even sure they'll have enough players to field a team. One bus will be plenty.
          I would say you are sandbagging, but last years results say otherwise. But, I do detect sarcasm in your post. Haha

I nominate you to be the Advisor to the HC this year. Slow the my way highway truck down just a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            I would say you are sandbagging, but last years results say otherwise. But, I do detect sarcasm in your post. Haha

I nominate you to be the Advisor to the HC this year. Slow the my way highway truck down just a tad.
            It's happening as we speak. The total warfare headknockin' that was spring practice last year has been tempered.

The staff got a very, very late start in recruiting last year, didn't know the Texas recruiting ropes, getting organized, learning about each other, establishing routines, finding our what worked and what didn't, putting it all together and being on solid footing. That stage has passed. I think Coach Hughes will have the machine running much smoother from now on. Hey, I bet you were a lot better at your job year two than you were year one. Right?

The one thing that hasn't changed.......Hughes' desire to WIN. If anything, I'd say that's intensified. He is driven. His players see it. They feed off of it. (Or so I've had several players tell me).

I had a conversation with a WT administrator recently. He commented that in all his years, he'd never had a HS coach call him about any of his coaches on the recruiting trail. Well, he said two Dallas area head HS coaches called to tell him how much they appreciated the WT coaches. They appreciated the way Hughes' coaches went about recruiting their kids; the professionalism, the way they vetted kids, they way they presented WT, what they expected from the kids, and most importantly, the way they emphasized Hughes wanted kids with character, that wanted to win on the field, in class, and in life. We'll see if that translates into W's, but it sounds like a good start.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-30-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
              Surprised that WT is projected to finish ahead of WNMU for 2018. The Mustangs beat WT at the Bro this past season in their last game. Hopefully Coach Hughes can pull a few surprises, that is if one believes in miracles.
              I would be suprised if Western wins a single gsme in the next 2 years, i think they are on track to completely rebuild their program. Those are going to he sone UGLY games this year.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Even though this is funny.....it's mostly pretty darn accurate.

Comment

It's happening as we speak. The total warfare headknockin' that was spring practice last year has been tempered.

The staff got a very, very late start in recruiting last year, didn't know the Texas recruiting ropes, getting organized, learning about each other, establishing routines, finding our what worked and what didn't, putting it all together and being on solid footing. That stage has passed. I think Coach Hughes will have the machine running much smoother from now on. Hey, I bet you were a lot better at your job year two than you were year one. Right?

The one thing that hasn't changed.......Hughes' desire to WIN. If anything, I'd say that's intensified. He is driven. His players see it. They feed off of it. (Or so I've had several players tell me).

I had a conversation with a WT administrator recently. He commented that in all his years, he'd never had a HS coach call him about any of his coaches on the recruiting trail. Well, he said two Dallas area head HS coaches called to tell him how much they appreciated the WT coaches. They appreciated the way Hughes' coaches went about recruiting their kids; the professionalism, the way they vetted kids, they way they presented WT, what they expected from the kids, and most importantly, the way they emphasized Hughes wanted kids with character, that wanted to win on the field, in class, and in life. We'll see if that translates into W's, but it sounds like a good start.
                  That university NEEDS to pay YOU!!! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    That university NEEDS to pay YOU!!! Lol.
                    The WT guy who told me about the Dallas HC's said he was highly surprised to get the calls. It had never happened before. Definitely out of the ordinary. For what it's worth.

WT will be better this year. How much better? They're still a young squad. I hope they win 5 this season. Anything more will be gravy. Anything less will be gut check time.

Comment

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                      Yes, more likely than not at this point.
                      I would guess that driving to scenic Portales NM over in the eastern part of the state has to be on everyone bucket list for our travelers.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                        You never know, that first week may end up with a game.
                        For what it's worth, seems like I noticed that Wayland Baptist Univ Plainview, Tx had an open date on Sept 1.

Comment

I would guess that driving to scenic Portales NM over in the eastern part of the state has to be on everyone bucket list for our travelers.
                          If not, it should be. Excellent paleo-indigenous history. And even if one is not intellectually attracted to the outstanding historic offerings, they have plenty of peanuts for the simple minded beer drinkers...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            If not, it should be. Excellent paleo-indigenous history. And even if one is not intellectually attracted to the outstanding historic offerings, they have plenty of peanuts for the simple minded beer drinkers...lol.
                            Well if thats the case then I should have an absolute blast!

Comment

I would be suprised if Western wins a single gsme in the next 2 years, i think they are on track to completely rebuild their program. Those are going to he sone UGLY games this year.
                              I wonder if the Buffs can win their road game over in Silver City on Sep 22nd.

Comment

Went to Portales a couple years ago for the Tarleton game. It was the first year from the new stadium. Ate at the brewery. Had a very good time, mainly because we won.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X