Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
    Went to Portales a couple years ago for the Tarleton game. It was the first year from the new stadium. Ate at the brewery. Had a very good time, mainly because we won.
    That game was stupid.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      That game was stupid.
      Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
        Perspective.
        Still stupid. ;) but ill take another like this last season!

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          It's happening as we speak. The total warfare headknockin' that was spring practice last year has been tempered.

The staff got a very, very late start in recruiting last year, didn't know the Texas recruiting ropes, getting organized, learning about each other, establishing routines, finding our what worked and what didn't, putting it all together and being on solid footing. That stage has passed. I think Coach Hughes will have the machine running much smoother from now on. Hey, I bet you were a lot better at your job year two than you were year one. Right?

The one thing that hasn't changed.......Hughes' desire to WIN. If anything, I'd say that's intensified. He is driven. His players see it. They feed off of it. (Or so I've had several players tell me).

I had a conversation with a WT administrator recently. He commented that in all his years, he'd never had a HS coach call him about any of his coaches on the recruiting trail. Well, he said two Dallas area head HS coaches called to tell him how much they appreciated the WT coaches. They appreciated the way Hughes' coaches went about recruiting their kids; the professionalism, the way they vetted kids, they way they presented WT, what they expected from the kids, and most importantly, the way they emphasized Hughes wanted kids with character, that wanted to win on the field, in class, and in life. We'll see if that translates into W's, but it sounds like a good start.
          I watched from a distance at the 1st practice of the spring. I couldn't get a good count of how many players were suited out. They were spread out. Have you heard a number?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
            I watched from a distance at the 1st practice of the spring. I couldn't get a good count of how many players were suited out. They were spread out. Have you heard a number?
            12. Paul Blake is at qb, hes the only one not playing both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              About 80. I'm hearing we'll add 5 or 6 juco's this summer plus the near 60 signed to come in.

Comment

About 80. I'm hearing we'll add 5 or 6 juco's this summer plus the near 60 signed to come in.
                LMAO. "Men, here at Buffaloland you are Herdsmen...being on the team, getting $2.53 in scholly $, meeting BuffaloChip in person, and getting all the Bison burgers you can eat FAR outweighs large scholly offers from other inferior programs. Did I mention the Bison burgers?"

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  LMAO. "Men, here at Buffaloland you are Herdsmen...being on the team, getting $2.53 in scholly $, meeting BuffaloChip in person, and getting all the Bison burgers you can eat FAR outweighs large scholly offers from other inferior programs. Did I mention the Bison burgers?"
                  What is your problem? There is no need to be a jerk, is there? Buff Fan 05 asked about numbers. I answered.

How much scholly money are the 140 kids at Commerce (or anywhere else in the LSC) getting? Players 90 thru 140 are getting $2.53, just like players 90 thru 140 at WT will get.

Comment

Considering they were below 100 last fall, that sounds like a good start. It looked like there were more players than last spring

Comment

What is your problem? There is no need to be a jerk, is there? Buff Fan 05 asked about numbers. I answered.

How much scholly money are the 140 kids at Commerce (or anywhere else in the LSC) getting? Players 90 thru 140 are getting $2.53, just like players 90 thru 140 at WT will get.
                      I bet player 90 -100 at eastern are getting extra chips at lunch, and thats it!

Comment

http://goeasternathletics.com/news/2018/4/3/lee-announces-2018-football-schedule.aspx

Easterns schedule

Comment

12. Paul Blake is at qb, hes the only one not playing both ways.
                          Hopefully, the Buffs will have some Blue Chip freshman & Jr College transfers report in Aug. Add a little depth to the roster.

Comment

I bet player 90 -100 at eastern are getting extra chips at lunch, and thats it!
                            Good stuff, every little bit counts haha.

Comment

Added the link for you...

That said, Colorado Mesa should be a good Week 2 test for the Hounds.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Midwestern State schedule: both OOC games at home vs. Humboldt State (Week 1) and West Florida (Week 2)

http://msumustangs.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=394

Western New Mexico schedule: both OOC games on road vs. FCS opponents (San Diego and Idaho)

http://www.wnmumustangs.com/schedule...path=football&
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X