Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Schedules

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
    The day I saw the Seidel Const. sign I knew it would be a long haul. I think the biggest problem was using the same contractor of the east side concessions and press box at the same time. One crew was doing both jobs for the first 4 months.
    Doesn't help that we had major, major design changes throughout the entire process even after plans were drawn and submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      An open date would leave you with only 4 home games. I asked coach Hughes about that date and he said they called everybody trying to get a single game or a home and home deal. Couldn't get a D2 team.
      Rmac teams only have 1 game to spare, gac, miaa and nsic are closed schedule, gnac is 5 teams with 4 being in the upper west coast.

Its not easy finding 11 d2 games in the lsc that dont break the travel budget.

Saddly with the heartland merger i dont think trying to get a football scheduling alliance with another conference is going to gain much traction.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        Rmac teams only have 1 game to spare, gac, miaa and nsic are closed schedule, gnac is 5 teams with 4 being in the upper west coast.

Its not easy finding 11 d2 games in the lsc that dont break the travel budget.

Saddly with the heartland merger i dont think trying to get a football scheduling alliance with another conference is going to gain much traction.

Why would the merger hurt it? It won't cross into other sports, so it shouldn't even be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
          Why would the merger hurt it? It won't cross into other sports, so it shouldn't even be an issue.
          Way more basketball schools now, with over half not playing football, which sport is going to reciever more emphasis from the comissioners office? Football which only 9 schools play, soin to be 8 when Tarleton gets the call to move up, or basketball which all of the schools play both mens and womens.

The next commissioner will be of the basketball only schools choosing 19 teams in the conference, 9 play football. The LSC survives in name only.

Comment

Comment

How did they get by with building it without an elevator in the first place? I thought the ADA required it if it was built after a certain date. Several high schools in my area either have replaced their press boxes or in the process of doing so and they have elevators.

Comment

Way more basketball schools now, with over half not playing football, which sport is going to reciever more emphasis from the comissioners office? Football which only 9 schools play, soin to be 8 when Tarleton gets the call to move up, or basketball which all of the schools play both mens and womens.

The next commissioner will be of the basketball only schools choosing 19 teams in the conference, 9 play football. The LSC survives in name only.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  How did they get by with building it without an elevator in the first place? I thought the ADA required it if it was built after a certain date. Several high schools in my area either have replaced their press boxes or in the process of doing so and they have elevators.
                  Original plans called for an elevator, it was just the way that it was originally designed that was the flaw. Originally the design was to start the elevator from the concourse level. Obviously this wouldn't work because it was would require people who need to use the elevator to climb the incline to get to the concourse. I truly believe we are playing with a JH design and construction team at some points because a lot of the stuff they do makes absolutely zero sense. It appears that they do not have the foresight to see what might be a need in the not too distant future and only care about what is directly in front of them.

I believe that goes back to the university having gone so long without the funds necessary to make these additions that when the money started coming in they didn't know how to act. Almost like a lottery winner, you have none and then you have more than you know what to do with and you end up blowing it on stuff you don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                    Nice!
                    Yeah. I'd like to come up again for the game. Spend 5 or 6 days in Seattle. Got a nephew lives there. If we do, let's have lunch before the game.

Comment

Teams will be added for football only. Will not affect other sports. I assume the GNAC will be part of that convo. You see it in FCS all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                        Teams will be added for football only. Will not affect other sports. I assume the GNAC will be part of that convo. You see it in FCS all the time.
                        Right....Ill believe it when i see it. Eastern, western, utpb, heck probably even kingsville aren't going to be able to afford taking 2 trips a year to the upper northwest. The only schools in the west that need a football conference are in the GNAC. So its them or no one else.

Sorry i dont have the benevolent feelings towards my fellow institutions. Time and again institutions can be counted on to do 1 thing and thats to act in their own self interest.

Comment

Right....Ill believe it when i see it. Eastern, western, utpb, heck probably even kingsville aren't going to be able to afford taking 2 trips a year to the upper northwest. The only schools in the west that need a football conference are in the GNAC. So its them or no one else.

Sorry i dont have the benevolent feelings towards my fellow institutions. Time and again institutions can be counted on to do 1 thing and thats to act in their own self interest.
                          The schools are saving WAY more in travel with every other sport due to the new schools than they would be spending sending the football team somewhere once a year.

Comment

If the member school's presidents allow the commissioner to have that much power, they all need to be fired!!! I think we need to have more faith over the ones who control the commissioner.

Comment

Still no schedule up for Commerce yet. Looking at the open dates list it looks like we just need one game, last week of August/first week of Sept. It also looks like 7 or 8 other DII teams are looking for opponents that weekend. Not sure what the hold-up is. Nobody wants to play us?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                                Still no schedule up for Commerce yet. Looking at the open dates list it looks like we just need one game, last week of August/first week of Sept. It also looks like 7 or 8 other DII teams are looking for opponents that weekend. Not sure what the hold-up is. Nobody wants to play us?
                                From what other guys have posted Eastern has a full d2 schedule, i know we play Mesa in portales, ive heard western oregon, and another team but i dont know when or where, AD still hasnt posted the schefule either.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X