Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
    Thank you, for sharing. I wonder how much longer, to see some of the green stuff on the field. I am guessing they should be able to finished installing all of the seats by Friday.
    The field install is quite a process (so I've been told). As long as it's done by Sep 6, we're okay! :fingers-crossed:

Seriously, if I were making a bet, I'd guess another 5 1/2 weeks. That would be Aug 24th. I'd bet the under on the over/under on that. That would give the Buffs almost two weeks of practice time on the new field. Unless some time is needed for everything to "cure." I don't know about that. Does anyone know if the field has to sit for a while before it can be used?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      The field install is quite a process (so I've been told). As long as it's done by Sep 6, we're okay! :fingers-crossed:

Seriously, if I were making a bet, I'd guess another 5 1/2 weeks. That would be Aug 24th. I'd bet the under on the over/under on that. That would give the Buffs almost two weeks of practice time on the new field. Unless some time is needed for everything to "cure." I don't know about that. Does anyone know if the field has to sit for a while before it can be used?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Once installation is complete, it is ready to go! No wait.

Comment

Originally posted by house_divided View Post

Current status...as of 6:30 am this morning.
          Great photo, well done, thanks!

Funny how the webcam makes those seats look black, I was wondering if they were maroon. Gonna be a nice facility.

Talk about finishing just under the wire. Not much time to do a shakedown. But unless the weather turns awful, they should be able to get the turf in. It's going to be tight.

Comment

Updated stadium photos - text comments included.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.stewart...9151076458021?

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post

Thank you, it's looking good. Your pictures help understand what the black surface going down on the video feed was.

My main question left about it all is the turf berms. Since they laid down a concrete pad on both hills will they be bring in soil to lay down before the grass? Just wondered because I assume soil would make its way into the field and they are already moving along there

Comment

Thanks for the new pics and the information. I though they were paving the field at first.

Comment

Next time you go out, call me. I would like to go with you.

Comment

• Comment

Looks like they are finishing the pad today. I am still most curious about the two berm areas and how that will be done

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                        Looks like they are finishing the pad today. I am still most curious about the two berm areas and how that will be done
                        I am guessing, they will just put dirt on top of concrete slope and cover up with sod.

Comment

I am guessing, they will just put dirt on top of concrete slope and cover up with sod.
                          I've read about it all and it sounds like concrete and grass are not friends. It has to be done just right with the correct soil, etc. I had never heard of it before until it was mentioned for the stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                            I've read about it all and it sounds like concrete and grass are not friends. It has to be done just right with the correct soil, etc. I had never heard of it before until it was mentioned for the stadium
                            It is true plants and concrete are not friend due to the root, I was very surprised, when I plan a tree on my front lawn, how deep grass roots go. Now I am very interested how they are going to do it. Or maybe they are skipping all together. As the stadiums looks okay with out. But in my opinion green hills will be nice. I guess they can also use artificial turf.

Comment

It is true plants and concrete are not friend due to the root, I was very surprised, when I plan a tree on my front lawn, how deep grass roots go. Now I am very interested how they are going to do it. Or maybe they are skipping all together. As the stadiums looks okay with out. But in my opinion green hills will be nice. I guess they can also use artificial turf.
                              If they plan to use the end zone hills for the overflow crowds, the concrete would not be very comfortable for seating. Of course grass on concrete probably wouldn't be either.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                                If they plan to use the end zone hills for the overflow crowds, the concrete would not be very comfortable for seating. Of course grass on concrete probably wouldn't be either.
                                True. I guess we will find out soon enough what actually they are going to do.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X