Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-Softball

ASU ladies should be able to adjust to this pitchers off-speed stuff 2nd time through the lineup. I think they will win this one.

Comment

Up 1-0 in the top of the 7th. Brandy is dealing

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
        Up 1-0 in the top of the 7th. Brandy is dealing
        Complete game 1 hit shutout for Brandy. Keeps us out of the loser's bracket. What a pitching performance for the All American

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
          Complete game 1 hit shutout for Brandy. Keeps us out of the loser's bracket. What a pitching performance for the All American
          CRAZY GAME! Terrific pitching!!

ONE GAME DOWN!! Lets Go Belles!

Comment

ASU plays #8 seed Southern Indiana who beat the #1 seed N.GA. Seeding for this tournament has to be politics. The #2 seed has the worst record.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
              ASU plays #8 seed Southern Indiana who beat the #1 seed N.GA. Seeding for this tournament has to be politics. The #2 seed has the worst record.
              And that region hasn't won a game at the tournament in the last 3-4 years I believe

Comment

I may be misreading your post, but the #2 seed doesn't have the worst record. The #8 seed (Southern Indiana) has the worst record at 36-23 (37-23 after beating North Georgia). The #2 seed (St Anselm) has the fourth worst record at 41-10, although they did beat Southern Arkansas 2-1 this afternoon.

That being said, I think that it would hard pressed to have a better record than ASU at 52-7 after playing in the Lone Star Conference this year. I really think that any of the top 4 or 5 teams in the LSC could win the National Championship.

Here are the records (before CWS games) and seeding:

1. North Georgia 61-2
                2. St. Anselm 41-10
                3. Chico State 55-4
                4. Angelo State 52-7
                5. West Chester 45-13
                6. St. Leo 37-16
                7. Southern Arkansas 57-9
                8. Southern Indiana 36-23

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                  I may be misreading your post, but the #2 seed doesn't have the worst record. The #8 seed (Southern Indiana) has the worst record at 36-23 (37-23 after beating North Georgia). The #2 seed (St Anselm) has the fourth worst record at 41-10, although they did beat Southern Arkansas 2-1 this afternoon.

That being said, I think that it would hard pressed to have a better record than ASU at 52-7 after playing in the Lone Star Conference this year. I really think that any of the top 4 or 5 teams in the LSC could win the National Championship.

Here are the records (before CWS games) and seeding:

1. North Georgia 61-2
                  2. St. Anselm 41-10
                  3. Chico State 55-4
                  4. Angelo State 52-7
                  5. West Chester 45-13
                  6. St. Leo 37-16
                  7. Southern Arkansas 57-9
                  8. Southern Indiana 36-23
                  That was just my way of venting after seeing ASU's seeding and how the AA selections went.

Comment

That was just my way of venting after seeing ASU's seeding and how the AA selections went.
                    I understand the frustration. While going by the numbers in the records, ASU has the 4th best record, Those wins and losses are more impressive than most of the other teams. I'd love to see how any of these teams would do playing TAMU-C. WTAMU, Tarleton and Cameron. The LSC was just brutal this year.

Comment

I watched all 4 games today. ASU is the best team there, hands down. WT and Commerce would have been the best teams there too. Tarleton and (to a lesser extent) Cameron would have been tough to beat for these other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        I watched all 4 games today. ASU is the best team there, hands down. WT and Commerce would have been the best teams there too. Tarleton and (to a lesser extent) Cameron would have been tough to beat for these other teams.
                        I would agree that we are the most complete team there. The only issue that I can is, is that there are some really good pitchers there who can shut down a lineup and all it takes is one bloop hit in the wrong situation for you to lose a game. I mean the girl from West Chester threw a heck of a game yesterday and got beat 1-0. Granted Brandy threw possibly the best game she has thrown and definitely the best one she has had in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, sometimes the best team doesn't always win. That is why you have to play. I think that the St. Anselm team is by far the weakest one there and they won yesterday because Southern Ark (the best offense there, right up there with WT when they are at their best, and Commerce) committed 2 errors on the same play and got beat. Also thought Chico St. was going to win yesterday. I think of the 4 games, the ASU game was the only one that went the way I expected it to.

Comment

After the mention of the "worst" team in the tournament in Souther Indiana earlier in the thread, the Eagles are taking it to ASU. This goes to show what can happen when you have that special pitcher. ASU saw it last year in the kid fro Minnesota State. Bothe ASU and North Georgia, who despite the seedings I think were the top two favorites, are seeing that this year.

Softball, unlike baseball where pitchers have to rest, can be dominated by a single pitcher.

Comment

After the mention of the "worst" team in the tournament in Souther Indiana earlier in the thread, the Eagles are taking it to ASU. This goes to show what can happen when you have that special pitcher. ASU saw it last year in the kid fro Minnesota State. Bothe ASU and North Georgia, who despite the seedings I think were the top two favorites, are seeing that this year.

Softball, unlike baseball where pitchers have to rest, can be dominated by a single pitcher.
                            I think winning the national championship depends on having a GREAT pitcher, not 2 or 3 really good pitchers. I know when WT won it, we had Rita Hokianga (sp?).

Comment

Hope this doesnt suck the wind out of the team. Tough road ahead.

Comment

Southern Arkansas up 1-0 after 3 innings.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X