Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-Softball

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    It would have been me, but I spent the game on my couch.

It looked like WT threw in the towel, losing 4-3. With bases loaded Kylee Moore was replaced by Del Campo, who hits .222 and who went hitless for the evening. 4 year senior and the best DP WT has ever had, Allie Smith, spent her final game on the bench while Amy Reynolds, who hits .227, took over the position. Halbert was pulled early for McLemore at pitcher.

I don't know how we will replace Hardin, Halbert, and Smith, but I wish them the best and thank them for their excellent careers.

Good luck tomorrow, Cameron - you will need a lot of it.
    Don't be shocked to see a new WT softball coach next year. I don't have any inside info, but I've heard some things.

WT is one of the premier D2 jobs. Facilities and salary (for the right person - K was highly paid) are among the best around. Add in tradition and extremely high expectations, and the WT softball job will be highly sought after, a plum. A national search will bring in some great candidates. Some of Abrams' coaching decisions or lack of decisions have been very perplexing. She's got maybe 3 good recruits coming in next year. If she stays, I fear a decline in the program. Talking with some parents, boosters, and a couple of players I trust, there has been some dissension on the team. The biggest complaint I've heard from certain players and a few parents is the lack of discipline. Our poor fielding performance this year is pretty indicative of a team needing more discipline and a firmer hand on the tiller.

So, if it happens, don't be surprised.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-12-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Don't be shocked to see a new WT softball coach next year.
      Someone for WT was on crutches in uniform right after the game. By her size, it looked like it could have been Kylie Moore. Didnt think to check her number and had limited audio at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        Im surprised by the result, but with the turnover and upheaval at the WT softball program this was a successful season that could have been a disaster, right? Was there a team reason the seniors sat, or just some sort of glaring insanity by the coach?
        I have no idea. Hardin and Smith were pulled in the early game for rarely used subs. These are GREAT players you don't bench in a playoff game. I don't understand what Candace was thinking today.

The new recruits were basically a bust this year. Van Gurp led the team in batting average but had more than twice as many errors than anyone else. They tried her at 3 positions and she does make some good plays, but the errors really hurt. I think she would be a great DP. McLemore has become a decent right fielder and hitter, though her error in the LSC championship series against Angelo resulted in an inside the park home run. I don't think she is an adequate pitcher, though she did okay tonight. The other new pitchers never made it into the games this year. None of the other new players has impressed me; one outfielder who started more than half the games only hit about .150. I give the blame to the previous coach for poor recruiting and cutting good players at the end of last year.

If we don't get some really good recruits for next year, it's going to be really ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          Someone for WT was on crutches in uniform right after the game. By her size, it looked like it could have been Kylie Moore. Didnt think to check her number and had limited audio at the time.
          I hope she is okay. That would certainly explain why she was replaced, and adds more sanity to tonight's events.

Comment

It would have been me, but I spent the game on my couch.

It looked like WT threw in the towel, losing 4-3. With bases loaded Kylee Moore was replaced by Del Campo, who hits .222 and who went hitless for the evening. 4 year senior and the best DP WT has ever had, Allie Smith, spent her final game on the bench while Amy Reynolds, who hits .227, took over the position. Halbert was pulled early for McLemore at pitcher.

I don't know how we will replace Hardin, Halbert, and Smith, but I wish them the best and thank them for their excellent careers.

Good luck tomorrow, Cameron - you will need a lot of it.
            Moore appeared to have a leg injury?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              Moore appeared to have a leg injury?
              Ive been trying to find a post game presser video to see if it was addressed by the coach. Cant find a thing.

Here are the links to todays game broadcasts:

Commerce/Tarleton - 1pm: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/cmumavericks/

Angelo/Cameron - 130pm: http://www.angelosports.com/watch/?Live=1108&type=Live

Comment

Angelo defeats Cameron 3-0, will host the winner of the Tarleton/Commerce series.

In the bottom of the 7th Tarleton leads 10-7. If Tarleton wins, there will be another game against Commerce to decide who advances.
                Last edited by WT_TKW; 05-12-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Morgan Hill tossed a one hit shut out gem. The one hit was bounced a mile in the air between home and 3rd. She was at first before it left orbit.

Comment

Congrats to ASU & Morgan Hill on a 1 hitter shut-out of Cameron.

TSU is next. REALLY scary game.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      Congrats to ASU & Morgan Hill on a 1 hitter shut-out of Cameron.

TSU is next. REALLY scary game.
                      It could be Commerce, depending on who wins the second game this afternoon.

Comment

commerce/TSU link is live. https://portal.stretchinternet.com/c...reamType=video

Comment

It could be Commerce, depending on who wins the second game this afternoon.
                          True enough. Forgot that Commerce only had to win one game. I dont know if TSU can beat TAMUC twice in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            True enough. Forgot that Commerce only had to win one game. I dont know if TSU can beat TAMUC twice in one day.
                            It will be VERY hard. Commerce leads 12-2 in the top of the 5th.

Comment

It will be VERY hard. Commerce leads 12-2 in the top of the 5th.
                              WOW!!! They are whooping up on the Texanns!

Congrats to TAMUC.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                Don't be shocked to see a new WT softball coach next year. I don't have any inside info, but I've heard some things.

WT is one of the premier D2 jobs. Facilities and salary (for the right person - K was highly paid) are among the best around. Add in tradition and extremely high expectations, and the WT softball job will be highly sought after, a plum. A national search will bring in some great candidates. Some of Abrams' coaching decisions or lack of decisions have been very perplexing. She's got maybe 3 good recruits coming in next year. If she stays, I fear a decline in the program. Talking with some parents, boosters, and a couple of players I trust, there has been some dissension on the team. The biggest complaint I've heard from certain players and a few parents is the lack of discipline. Our poor fielding performance this year is pretty indicative of a team needing more discipline and a firmer hand on the tiller.

So, if it happens, don't be surprised.
                                Coach A deserves another year. With all the drama from the former coach interfering to the disgruntled parents whose daughters were favorites of the former coach I think a 40 game year was very good. Outstanding players already committed to WT for next year and rumors of more junior college players on the way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X