Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT-Softball

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    WOW!!! They are whooping up on the Texanns!

Congrats to TAMUC.
    Commerce wins 14-2. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by sobafish View Post
      Coach A deserves another year. With all the drama from the former coach interfering to the disgruntled parents whose daughters were favorites of the former coach I think a 40 game year was very good. Outstanding players already committed to WT for next year and rumors of more junior college players on the way.
      I don't see how they can run her off considering she had only 8 returning players and still managed to go 40-13 compared to last year's record of 43-11. I hope you are right about incoming players because I only see about 7 on the current roster that are worth keeping.

Hopefully fewer distractions, improved discipline, and better decisions will be coming our way next year.

Comment

Coach A deserves another year. With all the drama from the former coach interfering to the disgruntled parents whose daughters were favorites of the former coach I think a 40 game year was very good. Outstanding players already committed to WT for next year and rumors of more junior college players on the way.
        Well, don't be surprised either if I'm way off base and Abrams gets another year.

I wasn't real impressed with our D this year. The highly touted Van Gurp laid a basket of bad eggs, especially in the home series against Angelo. I'd be very surprised if she returns. I heard she hated February weather and may be looking to boogie to warmer climes. IMO, she cost us three or four games this year with her errors. I still can't believe Abrams didn't pull Halbert a week ago when she was struggling. She didn't even go out to the mound when it was obvious Halbert was ready to come out. It cost us that game. Let's hope next year get's WT back on track for a legitimate Elite 8 bid. I hope the Lair girl, Canyon pitcher, can transfer her HS domination to the college game. I'm hearing that Britany Cruz may be coming back. Abrams will have to sign at least 10 players for next year to replace the seniors and 5 or 6 bench players that aren't good enough to play at this level.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-12-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I just heard that one of our star players (and her parents) were a big distraction (dissension breeder). I hope she's got at least one more arm that can get it done in the LSC.

Comment

Looks like Im making the trip for thursday & friday. Hotel/restaurant suggestions? Never did anything but drive through San Angelo before.

Comment

Zentners Daughter is good, but check the hours before you go, they close in the afternoons

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Looks like Im making the trip for thursday & friday. Hotel/restaurant suggestions? Never did anything but drive through San Angelo before.
                For hotel, I like Staybridge Suites or Fairfield.

As far as restaurants, I have to object to LF's suggestion of Zentners Daughter. It USED to be good. Now, not so much. If you want a steak try Western Sky Steakhouse.

If you like Mexican, try Armenta's Cafe; or this dive place called El Paisano....(it may be next to General Tires' junk tire piles, but its good)

There are also plenty of chain restaurants.

Enjoy your trip.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                  Commerce wins 14-2. Congratulations!
                  Congrats to Commerce for the win!

Very proud of the Texann team and the direction of the program. Only the second year with Coach and he seems to be able to recruit very well. Very good things to come for the program.

Comment

What happened to the OT Baseball thread this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      What happened to the OT Baseball thread this year?
                      Tarleton won!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                        Tarleton won!!!!
                        Yeah they did....they beat WT 15-7! HUGE upset.

Comment

Yeah they did....they beat WT 15-7! HUGE upset.
                          Not sure I would consider it a huge upset.

Comment

• Comment

Order of finish:

WTAMU
                              TSU
                              TAMUK
                              ASU
                              ENMU
                              CU
                              UTPB

#2 seed beating #1 seed would hardly qualify as a huge upset.

Regionals will be announced at 9:00p CT tonight.

Comment

For hotel, I like Staybridge Suites or Fairfield.

As far as restaurants, I have to object to LF's suggestion of Zentners Daughter. It USED to be good. Now, not so much. If you want a steak try Western Sky Steakhouse.

If you like Mexican, try Armenta's Cafe; or this dive place called El Paisano....(it may be next to General Tires' junk tire piles, but its good)

There are also plenty of chain restaurants.

Enjoy your trip.
                                Thanks for the heads up. It's been awhile since I've been there. It was actually with AngeloFan years ago. I haven't stayed in San Angelo the last few times we played there so I'm out of the loop.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X