Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    Great speech by Carthel and shout out to Commerce! https://youtu.be/RFKQ0jE-qBE
    I think Carthel is a little excited, don't you? Lol.

My daughter is a Lumberjack and she said the campus is VERY excited. Will be interesting to watch all this unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      Why would they? It's not like they ever followed suit and all dressed like Batman.
      BHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

https://twitter.com/SFA_Football/sta...25018170814464

I know a lot of people kind of laughed when some of us around the program thought Colby might not leave, but this is the kind of thing we were talking about. I don't think he had any intentions of moving up anytime soon until the perfect storm of Ryan Ivey going to SFA. Even then, I wondered if the heavy emphasis on basketball at SFA would be a concern. In the end he made the move, I just don't think it was anywhere near as obvious a move as some have stated.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

I know a lot of people kind of laughed when some of us around the program thought Colby might not leave, but this is the kind of thing we were talking about. I don't think he had any intentions of moving up anytime soon until the perfect storm of Ryan Ivey going to SFA. Even then, I wondered if the heavy emphasis on basketball at SFA would be a concern. In the end he made the move, I just don't think it was anywhere near as obvious a move as some have stated.
          I see (by stalking twitter feeds) that Faske has already accepted a job with Colby at SFA. I also note that Scott Power has removed A&M Commerce from his job description, so I assume he is going too. Any word on who else on staff might be following to SFA?

Comment

Not related to SFA, but Sterlin Gilbert (former ASU QB) has taken the job at McNeese. He was in the running for Texas St.

Comment

Faske met with the d-line earlier this week and let them know he was going...shortly after that, he changed his twitter bio. I have not heard anything definitive about Power, although looking at player's twitter feeds, one of them commented something to the effect of "3rd defense in 3 years", so I think it is safe to assume he is going as well. The Lions Athletic Page has no coaches listed for the 2019 season, and the SFA Jacks Athletic Page only lists Colby under coaches...

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post
                Faske met with the d-line earlier this week and let them know he was going...shortly after that, he changed his twitter bio. I have not heard anything definitive about Power, although looking at player's twitter feeds, one of them commented something to the effect of "3rd defense in 3 years", so I think it is safe to assume he is going as well. The Lions Athletic Page has no coaches listed for the 2019 season, and the SFA Jacks Athletic Page only lists Colby under coaches...
                I guess we all have to wait for the white smoke from the tower. everybody around here has their lips zipped.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  I guess we all have to wait for the white smoke from the tower. everybody around here has their lips zipped.
                  Yeah, I cannot find anything at all on it...not even rumors...

Comment

Trust me.....it was a no brainer my friend. Not even a split second hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Not related to SFA, but Sterlin Gilbert (former ASU QB) has taken the job at McNeese. He was in the running for Texas St.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        You should hear something within the next week.

Going to be mighty different in Lion land.

Comment

The scorned is the last to know and believe!

He was a cheating on you throughout your romance. He would've been a fool not to be eye-balling other gigs.

Someone younger, financially more attractive and with "bigger assets" came along and then Carthel dumped you.

Go to a strip joint and get drunk and get over it and call a taxi to take you home!

"That will be 5 cents, please."

Comment

Comment

It's so weird that you guys all know so much about the situation from way out there, when I was hearing from people in the middle of it that he was 50/50 days ago? lol

Comment

It's so weird that you guys all know so much about the situation from way out there, when I was hearing from people in the middle of it that he was 50/50 days ago? lol
                                I'm sure he was really struggling with staying at D2 Commerce, or moving up to FCS with a much bigger paycheck. Give me a break...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X