Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Why is the Pac 12 still one of the Big Five ? They had not won a Bowl game in over a year until last night .

Comment

I know you're being sarcastic, but you raise a good point, because a lot of folks don't realize the Big 12 members get ZERO from LHN. It pays UT $15 million annually. Added to their Tier 1 media payout, U of Texas approaches what the B1G schools get.

The Longhorn Network is one good reason why the Big 12 lags behind the B1G and SEC - UT's steadfast refusal to cede their media rights to the conference caused four flagship state schools to bolt. The conference lost a lot of media value because of that. While Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M's football fortunes have been lacking, their balance sheets are lights-out better than they were in the Big 12. Colorado is the one who is worse off.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
        Univ of Houston needs to apply for Federal Disaster Relief after that contest. West Point has apparently turned the corner with their football program. Won the CINC Trophy the past two years. I can remember just a few seasons back that the Army Cadets didn't score 70 points all their games during the whole season. I bet Ike & MacArthur are up there smiling.
        Unbelievable, U of Houston aka Cougar High fires Applewhite after Army debacle. Contrary to popular belief this is NOT a top tier HC job. The school is in a rough part of Houston so you have to be as positive as Joel Osteen to recruit there. Crime is high in the area as well as homeless folks wandering around.

My guess is they believe there is another Tom Herman up and coming Coach who will make the stop over before moving on to a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          Unbelievable, U of Houston aka Cougar High fires Applewhite after Army debacle. Contrary to popular belief this is NOT a top tier HC job. The school is in a rough part of Houston so you have to be as positive as Joel Osteen to recruit there. Crime is high in the area as well as homeless folks wandering around.

My guess is they believe there is another Tom Herman up and coming Coach who will make the stop over before moving on to a better job.
          Major had issues at UT on and off the field which led to his departure. Me thinks this might be the case at Cougar High. The beatdown against Army allowed the trigger to be pulled this season instead of next.

I think Techster will like this list of potential replacements. Coach Bro back in Texas after a quick trip to Southern Cal? Say it isn't so!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s-for-cougars/

Holgorsen would be nuts to take the U of H job despite WVU not wanting to up his compensation. He should just wait it out another season and wait for another P5 job to come open.

Comment

In other news, Manny Diaz is back at the U. Love the headline from SB Nation.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/12/30/...az-miami-hired

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              Hahaha....right?

I moved to Texas from Brooklyn, NY......EVERYWHERE here is a small town. HAHAHA

When I moved to Allen from Plano, I thought 75k people was a small town.

But, I am now a born again Texan!!
              I would guess that living in Tejas beats living in the Big Apple any day. Plenty of open space, fresh air, and you don't have sky scrapers to block the view of sunrise every day.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                The Mustangs went 0-10 this football season but Western New Mexico's Head Coach Frank Tristan still has a job. They're letting him slide because it was his first season with the program. I don't think any 0-10 Head Coach deserves to keep their job, first year or not.
                Silver City, NM is probably a difficult place to recruit top notch football talent.

Comment

Still no news on OC??

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                    Still no news on OC??
                    Yes, WT must get this done in warp speed before the hoard of 125+ new recruits arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                      Major had issues at UT on and off the field which led to his departure. Me thinks this might be the case at Cougar High. The beatdown against Army allowed the trigger to be pulled this season instead of next.

I think Techster will like this list of potential replacements. Coach Bro back in Texas after a quick trip to Southern Cal? Say it isn't so!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s-for-cougars/

Holgorsen would be nuts to take the U of H job despite WVU not wanting to up his compensation. He should just wait it out another season and wait for another P5 job to come open.

Comment

Silver City, NM is probably a difficult place to recruit top notch football talent.
                        It's a Rat Race.

Comment

Lmao! No AD in his right mind including Cougar High can take the blistering the media would pour on them for hiring that pariah Briles. Might as well name OJ Simpson as your running backs coach while your at it.

Comment

Could we possibly see something done with Kendall Briles on the order of what we saw with the Carhel's? Hire Kendal and get Art as an "unofficial" consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                              Could we possibly see something done with Kendall Briles on the order of what we saw with the Carhel's? Hire Kendal and get Art as an "unofficial" consultant.
                              Possibly, but probably not at Houston. Footballscoop.com is reporting the Cougs are set to hire Dana Holgorsen away from West Virginia for a whopping 20 million over 5 years. http://footballscoop.com/news/housto...new-years-day/

Comment

I would guess that living in Tejas beats living in the Big Apple any day. Plenty of open space, fresh air, and you don't have sky scrapers to block the view of sunrise every day.
                                Beats....no. Different....yes.

NOW.....Texas if the 4th most dangerous State in the US....NY is 28th.

My son lives in NYC now and LOVES it to death. It is so safe compared to Dallas & Houston.

As far as me......I love islands. Hope to retire to an island beach house one day. NOTHING beats it in my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X