Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Whats funny is that all of a sudden all these things with calculators came out after people started talking about how weak Bamas schedule was this year.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2018-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

Bama 57th

All of them place an inordinant amount of emphasis on percieved conference strength, massey for goodness sakes has 12 of the top 13 toughest schedules as SEC teams.

Conference bias built upon media hype that is influenced by broadcasting rights.
    Last edited by Boohaha; 12-28-2018, 09:31 AM.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
      Whats funny is that all of a sudden all these things with calculators came out after people started talking about how weak Bamas schedule was this year.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/sec/2...dule-rankings/

Bama 57th

All of them place an inordinant amount of emphasis on percieved conference strength, massey for goodness sakes has 12 of the top 13 toughest schedules as SEC teams.

Conference bias built upon media hype that is influenced by broadcasting rights.
      So what data are you using, you have Southernpigskin.com as your source? These didn't all come out after people started talking, what are you talking about? Have you made a trip up to the CO border recently?

Look at what Alabama has done for the last several years. It doesn't matter that you think their SOS is weak, when they've played other top teams they consistently win. Tough to deny that. Add to it that their players consistently perform at the next level and I think it's pretty clear they are where they belong.

Can't even believe Army was brought up in this conversation earlier, lol good stuff.

Alabama also had the hardest SOS in 2015 and 2016 and finished as the runner-up and national champion those years. This is from a site called NCAA.com so not sure it's as reliable as Southernpigskin.com but hey, what is?
      https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...ffects-chances

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        So what data are you using, you have Southernpigskin.com as your source? These didn't all come out after people started talking, what are you talking about? Have you made a trip up to the CO border recently?

Look at what Alabama has done for the last several years. It doesn't matter that you think their SOS is weak, when they've played other top teams they consistently win. Tough to deny that. Add to it that their players consistently perform at the next level and I think it's pretty clear they are where they belong.

Can't even believe Army was brought up in this conversation earlier, lol good stuff.

Alabama also had the hardest SOS in 2015 and 2016 and finished as the runner-up and national champion those years. This is from a site called NCAA.com so not sure it's as reliable as Southernpigskin.com but hey, what is?
        Still doesnt show how they got their numbers.

Again much of Bama and other SEC teams arguments about how tough their schedule is is based on a circular logic of Sec teams play the toughest schedules cause they play other sec teams and the sec is the toughest conference in the nation!!! SEC SEC SEC SEC!!! RA RA RA

Name a recent Bama player in the league that hasnt washed out early or been a bust?

Julio jones is the only one i can think of, every one of their heisman guys fall flat in their faces.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Again much of Bama and other SEC teams arguments about how tough their schedule is is based on a circular logic of Sec teams play the toughest schedules cause they play other sec teams and the sec is the toughest conference in the nation!!! SEC SEC SEC SEC!!! RA RA RA

Name a recent Bama player in the league that hasnt washed out early or been a bust?

Julio jones is the only one i can think of, every one of their heisman guys fall flat in their faces.
          http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...=0&type=school

That list shows the draftees of Alabama. It looks like a lot of guys are on that list. Their are 54 former Bama players on NFL rosters.

I think you are wrong about Bama players washing out early are being a bust. Numbers are against you.

Heisman Trophy winners are a poor measure of an NFL career track.

Comment

I can think of a few strong arguments it isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

That list shows the draftees of Alabama. It looks like a lot of guys are on that list. Their are 54 former Bama players on NFL rosters.

I think you are wrong about Bama players washing out early are being a bust. Numbers are against you.

Yeah but what does Southernpigskin.com think?

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                I can think of a few strong arguments it isn't...
                Go for it.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30...s-from-alabama

What a bunch of scrubs.

You don't win 5 of the last 9 national championships by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    Facts matter so let Forbes help you out a little.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidch.../#271ac43c5bf2

For FY 2018, the projected media payouts per school per conference are as follows:

Big 10: $50 million per school
                    SEC: $43 million per school
                    Big 12: $34 million per school
                    Pac 12: $32 million per school
                    ACC: $28 million per school

It's the B1G, the SEC, and then everyone else. The B1G negotiated blockbuster deals with two of the four major networks - FOX and ABC/ESPN.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Avg. Program Revenues per school last year reported (2016-2017)
                    SEC - $142 million
                    Big 10 - $125.5 million
                    Big XII - $115.6 million
                    ACC - $102.5 million
                    Pac 12 - $98.3 million

figuring in an increase of $11.5 million for BIG 10 schools, closes the gap but the SEC would still have greater program revenues per school. And this assumes no increase in SEC TV rights.

and things evolve quickly. It wasn't long ago that the Pac 12 TV deal was the biggest deal out there. When the CBS TV contract expires in a few years, look for the SEC to get a huge boost.
                    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Comment

Exactly the same as D2 increasing to 28 teams, you still have people complaining that the last team out deserved to be in. If they increase it to 32 teams you'll see the exact same tiresome argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap30...s-from-alabama

What a bunch of scrubs.

You don't win 5 of the last 9 national championships by accident.
                          EXACTLY.

Boohaha, you should do your homework. Bama puts out serious talent.

Comment

Exactly the same as D2 increasing to 28 teams, you still have people complaining that the last team out deserved to be in. If they increase it to 32 teams you'll see the exact same tiresome argument.
                            For me, in D2, it's not that the 29th team didn't make it. Rather, due to the regions, it's not unlikely that a top 10 team gets left out from time to time. Also, with Comm. using a lot of absolute numbers with limited "modifications" we all know a team or two that really did deserve a slot but didn't get it. It's more about the selection than the number for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                              Facts matter so let Forbes help you out a little.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidch.../#271ac43c5bf2

For FY 2018, the projected media payouts per school per conference are as follows:

Big 10: $50 million per school
                              SEC: $43 million per school
                              Big 12: $34 million per school
                              Pac 12: $32 million per school
                              ACC: $28 million per school

It's the B1G, the SEC, and then everyone else. The B1G negotiated blockbuster deals with two of the four major networks - FOX and ABC/ESPN.

Comment

Check Alabamas schedule......not impressive
                                You ever think that maybe no one wants to schedule them. Just a thought!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X