Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Meh. It's very early. NSD is in February. If you don't have a coach by January 1, then you should be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Yup. We return 15/22 starters, so if they all stick around that should help whomever is coming in. Hopefully its somebody with Texas ties & recruiting experience here.
      A lil birdie said a few players last day at TAMUC is 12/15. This will put them in place at "new school" for Spring ball.

The birdie also said TAMUC is blocking some releases....so the players will need to request a hearing.

Based on all of your posts, I assume you are very close to the program. Any info on how many of these players, if any, were starters? Also heard a top hs recruit (and a few other hs recruits) and a top transfer have pulled.

If all this is true I guess losing Carthel will have a much bigger impact than imagined. You will need a serious heavy weight to stop this hemorrhaging and save the program. Or.....it will turn into a rebuilding process.

My oh my, its crazy how one coach has such an impact. It's that "IT" factor. A really sad month in Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
        How many might transfer and play for Colby at SFA?
        I am not sure any would transfer to SFA.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
          They would be required to sit out for a year, which might cut down the number of transfers.
          I didn't think you had to sit out when transferring up from D2 to FCS. You only have to sit out a year when its the other direction...

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            Meh. It's very early. NSD is in February. If you don't have a coach by January 1, then you should be worried.
            You are nuts. 10 years ago that might be a true statement......but in 2018 and with the social media pressure, these DII recruits are committing faster & sooner than ever.

You will have some top players available once they get dropped off the D1 boards. But if the ground work wasnt layed early, another DII that has been courting them are in better position to land them.

The biggest issue at TAMUC is that Carthel WAS the guy that could get these guys. He was the selling point not the town, facilities, unis etc....

Hope for the best.....but be prepared for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
              I didn't think you had to sit out when transferring up from D2 to FCS. You only have to sit out a year when its the other direction...
              NEGATIVE.

A DI transferring to DII is immediately eligible. DII transferring up to DI has to sit out one season before he becomes eligible, unless he's a graduate transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                NEGATIVE.

A DI transferring to DII is immediately eligible. DII transferring up to DI has to sit out one season before he becomes eligible, unless he's a graduate transfer.
                Ah gotcha. Guess I had it backwards.

Comment

A lil birdie said a few players last day at TAMUC is 12/15. This will put them in place at "new school" for Spring ball.

The birdie also said TAMUC is blocking some releases....so the players will need to request a hearing.

Based on all of your posts, I assume you are very close to the program. Any info on how many of these players, if any, were starters? Also heard a top hs recruit (and a few other hs recruits) and a top transfer have pulled.

If all this is true I guess losing Carthel will have a much bigger impact than imagined. You will need a serious heavy weight to stop this hemorrhaging and save the program. Or.....it will turn into a rebuilding process.

My oh my, its crazy how one coach has such an impact. It's that "IT" factor. A really sad month in Commerce.
                  There will be losses, but we go pretty deep. I expect the new coach to be named before the 15th (likely early next week), so it will depend on who it is before all the chips fall. They've interviewed half a dozen coaches this week, and Storm left, so Im guessing it must be pretty well pared down as of now. haven't heard a single name yet though.

Comment

You are nuts. 10 years ago that might be a true statement......but in 2018 and with the social media pressure, these DII recruits are committing faster & sooner than ever.

You will have some top players available once they get dropped off the D1 boards. But if the ground work wasnt layed early, another DII that has been courting them are in better position to land them.

The biggest issue at TAMUC is that Carthel WAS the guy that could get these guys. He was the selling point not the town, facilities, unis etc....

Hope for the best.....but be prepared for the worst.
                    I'm not nuts, but I am an ass. These things happen every year, and recruiting classes are salvaged every year. Unless they aren't. The sky isn't falling at Commerce.

Comment

NEGATIVE.

D1 can get a release from his former school and play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        I'm not nuts, but I am an ass. These things happen every year, and recruiting classes are salvaged every year. Unless they aren't. The sky isn't falling at Commerce.

Comment

I guess we'll go back to only having 1.5 TAMUC posters on the board....

Comment

1) MSU stadium sucks.
                            2) Tarleton is going D1 soon enough.
                            3) Our facilities for the players are top notch and have all been upgraded in the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, the stadium could be improved, but its still on par with everyone else in the LSC and most of DII - WT, of course, will be blowing us out of the water next season though.

Comment

1) MSU stadium sucks.
                              3) Our facilities for the players are top notch and have all been upgraded in the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, the stadium could be improved, but its still on par with everyone else in the LSC and most of DII - WT, of course, will be blowing us out of the water next season though.
                              Jake,

On par might not get it done moving forward. This a chance to excel.

The stadium needs some attention, I can't remember the last time something major was done to it. I just got through talking to a recruit looking at the school tell me the stadium is not as nice as his HS. He really liked Colby, now he is going to look at other schools. I told to check out TAMUK so he would not think so poorly of the stadium.

Comment

1) MSU stadium sucks.

I'm sure they have grandiose visions of grandeur!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X