Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Adbi started was a LBer coach at a Kansas JUCO (Garden City CC). Then went to Arkansas in 2018 as a LBer coach. That lasted one season. Now he is a defensive coordinator. Hmmm. *scratching my head*

Riebock, was a WR coach (I believe) at Rice, under Bailiff in 2017. Then he was at DIII Bridgwater College in 2018 as the OC....they were 6-4. Ran a 60/40 run/pass offense.

Prior to Rice, he was the OC for 4 seasons at Quincy. They racked up a 14-29 record during his time pulling the trigger. Not sure if this is a good measuring stick as Quincy is NOT a good team (small private school).

I certainly do not see "titles" (if referring the word titles to winning) in either coaches history.

Hope these are the right guys to keep TAMUC on top. I would hate to see LionFan as the ONLY TAMUC poster again in a few years. ;)
    They are both pretty young. Should be high energy guys. EVERYTHING is wait & see mode around here right now.

Comment

Adbi started was a LBer coach at a Kansas JUCO (Garden City CC). Then went to Arkansas in 2018 as a LBer coach. That lasted one season. Now he is a defensive coordinator. Hmmm. *scratching my head*

Riebock, was a WR coach (I believe) at Rice, under Bailiff in 2017. Then he was at DIII Bridgwater College in 2018 as the OC....they were 6-4. Ran a 60/40 run/pass offense.

Prior to Rice, he was the OC for 4 seasons at Quincy. They racked up a 14-29 record during his time pulling the trigger. Not sure if this is a good measuring stick as Quincy is NOT a good team (small private school).

I certainly do not see "titles" (if referring the word titles to winning) in either coaches history.

Hope these are the right guys to keep TAMUC on top. I would hate to see LionFan as the ONLY TAMUC poster again in a few years. ;)
      haha they better work out, I dont have any more 1-9 runs left in me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        I seriously doubt TAMUC will ever have a 1-9 season again. Even if Jake & WeBeLions were the HC & AD. ;)

Comment

This HC change is harder for TAMUC player & supporters because its not the usual. Usually a HC leaves because they suck and are either forced out or are fired.

This was a HC that turned the catfish team (bottom feeder) to a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team. And was in the hunt again this year.

So, its hard enough losing your HC.....but losing a WINNING HC AND both coordinators AND position coaches....it a real challenge for the players emotionally. BUT, things will settle down....players will adapt....and be ready to play some ball in 2019. PLUS, now the NC monkey is off their back....they can now relax and have fun playing some football.

Comment

I seriously doubt TAMUC will ever have a 1-9 season again. Even if Jake & WeBeLions were the HC & AD. ;)
            Last edited by We-Are-Lions; 12-22-2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Agreed. And honestly, much of the issues that plagued that stretch were off the field/admin issues that are no longer there. As much flack as Morriss gets around here (some well deserved) he was also swimming upstream with a terrible AD.

Comment

Comment

Boy you can twist those n!pples, cant ya? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                    You can come hang out with some of us Hog fans. We are used to it and unfortunately I don't see even a spec of light in the dark tunnel.

Comment

Boy you can twist those n!pples, cant ya? LOL
                      Last edited by Techster88; 12-22-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of KK and coaches of his ilk. Did you see how bad Army put the smack down on Cougar High?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                          Speaking of KK and coaches of his ilk. Did you see how bad Army put the smack down on Cougar High?
                          Yes, that was sad. IDK what it is about Cougar High. Herman is the only HC in 4ever that brought that school credibility. His recruits are washing out after this season. May expect more of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Yes, that was sad. IDK what it is about Cougar High. Herman is the only HC in 4ever that brought that school credibility. His recruits are washing out after this season. May expect more of this.

They had a couple of good years in the late 80s under Jack Pardee. Seem to recall they almost dumped 100 on an SMU team coming off the death penalty that was playing with Pop Warner kids from Highland and University Park. Andre Ware was fun to watch.

Comment

Tech....which DII school do you pull for?

Comment

UH greatest era came under the great Bill Yeoman .

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X