Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    I understand a decision was already made. Announcement to come soon.
    Texas-Commerce could have offered Kingsbury the HC job. They drug their feet on this opportunity. However, Kliff may prefer to be OC at USC as it turned out.

Comment

Um....not sure what "fans" are saying, but Colby was the choice from the get go. Traylor "pulled out" to save face.

The only concern was about previous issues surrounding Carthel from ONE big $ donor....which was resolved (obviously).

How do I know??? That donor is in my investment group.
      Last edited by catatonic; 12-03-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

funny how ACU was concerned about violations while Colby was at ACU, but did not self-report to NCAA despite the sworn testimony in a fraud trial at a JUCO where several ACU SA's took correspondent PE courses that the SA's say they never saw any paperwork. All the AD said was that the NCAA did not contact ACU and that the SA's involved were no longer part of ACU so NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
          funny how ACU was concerned about violations while Colby was at ACU, but did not self-report to NCAA despite the sworn testimony in a fraud trial at a JUCO where several ACU SA's took correspondent PE courses that the SA's say they never saw any paperwork. All the AD said was that the NCAA did not contact ACU and that the SA's involved were no longer part of ACU so NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
          Last edited by catatonic; 12-03-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Not an agenda, just an observation regarding selective concern about NCAA infractions.

Are you referring to Knox and Scott? That was well after Colby was there.

I was referring to an incident several years earlier. There was a fraud trial at Barton County College (primarily for paying their SA's for work not performed, but part of it was mail fraud by the BCC coach with regard to the providing the ACU coach with the course materials and answers.)

There was no penalty, b/c ACU did not report the incident, even though it was publicly reported. Here's the quote from Abilene newspaper

''At the time of the incident in question,'' said ACU director of athletics Jared Mosley, ''the student athletes were not even enrolled at our school.'' Though they did eventually attend ACU, none of the three is still in school there. Mosley also said that ACU has not been contacted by the NCAA or FBI regarding any charges or allegations that the school was involved in the matter."
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Not an agenda, just an observation regarding selective concern about NCAA infractions.

Are you referring to Knox and Scott? That was well after Colby was there.

I was referring to an incident several years earlier. There was a fraud trial at Barton County College (primarily for paying their SA's for work not performed, but part of it was mail fraud by the BCC coach with regard to the providing the ACU coach with the course materials and answers.)

There was no penalty, b/c ACU did not report the incident, even though it was publicly reported. Here's the quote from Abilene newspaper
              Plus that was right after the NCAA did their rectal exam on TAMUK and we received alot of flack from it. Was some of it justified? Yes, but it goes back to the way the NCAA has done things for decades now where one offender gets a slap on the wrist whereas they will selectively make examples of others, even if they haven't pushed the envelope enough to get the full treatment than the program that got a slap wrist for a worse offense(s) . Kind of like back in the 80's when SMU got the death penalty all while their SWC counterparts including the school I support in UT were doing the same dang things if not worse. And then a couple of years later that piece of crap program in Norman getting busted for all sorts of stuff that made what SMU did look like a trip to Candyland only got a few schollies revoked. That program should of been given the electric chair, lethal injection, and a firing squad all at once.

To top it off ACU was doing the stuff noted above at the same time their coach at the time took a swipe at TAMUK for the character and academic quality of their players. I believe the story was found in the ACU news paper and we got a copy of it when we got up there. That was a game where we should of dumped 100 points on ACU instead of taking the foot of the gas.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                Plus that was right after the NCAA did their rectal exam on TAMUK and we received alot of flack from it. Was some of it justified? Yes, but it goes back to the way the NCAA has done things for decades now where one offender gets a slap on the wrist whereas they will selectively make examples of others, even if they haven't pushed the envelope enough to get the full treatment than the program that got a slap wrist for a worse offense(s) . Kind of like back in the 80's when SMU got the death penalty all while their SWC counterparts including the school I support in UT were doing the same dang things if not worse. And then a couple of years later that piece of crap program in Norman getting busted for all sorts of stuff that made what SMU did look like a trip to Candyland only got a few schollies revoked. That program should of been given the electric chair, lethal injection, and a firing squad all at once.

To top it off ACU was doing the stuff noted above at the same time their coach at the time took a swipe at TAMUK for the character and academic quality of their players. I believe the story was found in the ACU news paper and we got a copy of it when we got up there. That was a game where we should of dumped 100 points on ACU instead of taking the foot of the gas.
                NCAA penalizing the big names? Never gonna happen. That's for the G5 and others.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
                  (in the coaches office with the coaches helping - Colby was long gone from ACU)
                  Fixed it for you.

The other incident involved Daniel Manning. Daniel Manning. UCO and ACU were enrolling students at a community college in KS but the students were no where near KS or attending classes. ACU did not get in trouble but UCO was dinged because they were paying the SAs tuition and fees.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    Fixed it for you.

The other incident involved Daniel Manning. Daniel Manning. UCO and ACU were enrolling students at a community college in KS but the students were no where near KS or attending classes. ACU did not get in trouble but UCO was dinged because they were paying the SAs tuition and fees.

I don't know about Manning. The ones I was referring to was Donald Hooks, Devin Mims and Da'Ray Sims.

Comment

Since everyone's pulling out stories of old azz issues.....did ya here about the chick Eve who broke some major rule regarding an apple? I don't think the NCAA did ANYTHING!!

Comment

Coach GAS resigned.

Comment

Um....not sure what "fans" are saying, but Colby was the choice from the get go. Traylor "pulled out" to save face.

The only concern was about previous issues surrounding Carthel from ONE big $ donor....which was resolved (obviously).

How do I know??? That donor is in my investment group.
                          Since everyone's pulling out stories of old azz issues.....did ya here about the chick Eve who broke some major rule regarding an apple? I don't think the NCAA did ANYTHING!!

Don't *****. You opened the door.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                            Coach GAS resigned.
                            Gas to WT for OC?

Comment

This is all I know. I will hopefully talk to him at another time. He is busy so I won't bother him.

http://www.opsu.edu/News/?page=Article&id=4216

Comment

Don't *****. You opened the door.
                                D@mn .....THAT opened Pandora's Box?????

Bunch of WEASELS on this board. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X