Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
    AND it just got jucier!

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/sidelin...riss_Hire.html

HAHA

Im trolling
    ROFLMAO! Hahahahaha.

Comment

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

I can understand the thoughts of Colby to sfa making sense, but I'm gonna guess no.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        I can understand the thoughts of Colby to sfa making sense, but I'm gonna guess no.
        In the event he did take another job, is Don the heir apparent?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
          Guy
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Doubtful, would probably follow his son if Colby gets that job.

Comment

Just so everyone is aware, Guy is struggling with Alzheimer's pretty bad last I heard. I understand the jokes, but let's chill on them

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                LMAO!!
                So the Russians really are involved in the important issues. :tongue:

Comment

If Colby were to leave I would expect an interim to be appointed and then a nationwide search for a new coach (but I still think he is going to be here next year).

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                    If Colby were to leave I would expect an interim to be appointed and then a nationwide search for a new coach (but I still think he is going to be here next year).
                    If he has any ambitions to move up in the coaching ranks, Colby'd be crazy to not accept an offer from SFA. First, the job probably pays @$250,000 a year. He'd get a 4 or 5 year contract. And if he's successful at SFA, he'd get the chance to move up to a mid-level FBS Conference USA type program.

The alternative would be a long happy reign in Commerce living on his new ranch. It depends on where Colby wants to be 5-10 years from now. As a father of a young family, the financial security of a guaranteed $1.25M - $1.5M contract would be difficult to turn down. He can always return to D2 if the SFA gig spoils. Knowing Colby, I bet he'd be in the FCS playoffs within two years. Three at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      If he has any ambitions to move up in the coaching ranks, Colby'd be crazy to not accept an offer from SFA. First, the job probably pays @$250,000 a year. He'd get a 4 or 5 year contract. And if he's successful at SFA, he'd get the chance to move up to a mid-level FBS Conference USA type program.

The alternative would be a long happy reign in Commerce living on his new ranch. It depends on where Colby wants to be 5-10 years from now. As a father of a young family, the financial security of a guaranteed $1.25M - $1.5M contract would be difficult to turn down. He can always return to D2 if the SFA gig spoils. Knowing Colby, I bet he'd be in the FCS playoffs within two years. Three at the most.
                      Im not disagreeing with anything anyone says about this. I get your points and they are solid and valid. Also, you should be assured that wheels are turning here to do what we can to keep him around (read counteroffer). I guess we will see.

Comment

Just so everyone is aware, Guy is struggling with Alzheimer's pretty bad last I heard. I understand the jokes, but let's chill on them
                        I know that, I have no animus towards the man, im just pocking fun at my lions fans friends and their oh so wonderful memories if the greatest era in Lion football history!
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

So you are saying SFA won't hire him??? If so why not? Do you not think he is good enough or ready for a move up?

I mean, he did apply for the position, so it is apparent he wants to better his career for he & his family.

Comment

Originally posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
                            Doubtful, would probably follow his son if Colby gets that job.
                            Absolutely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Im not disagreeing with anything anyone says about this. I get your points and they are solid and valid. Also, you should be assured that wheels are turning here to do what we can to keep him around (read counteroffer). I guess we will see.
                              HAHAHAHA. TAMUC is going to offer Carthel MORE than the HC of SFA?? Not even a snowballs chance in h3ll.

In December 2013, Clint Conque received a 6-Year Contract of $200,000 a year BASE salary, plus on field and academic performance incentives (around $300,000 +) if he hit all incentives.

That was 5 years ago in a tough economy. Today, the AVERAGE FCS HC salary is $260,888.44

I bet Carthel, if hired, would draw a very nice package putting him well over $325k a year....probably on a 5-6 year contract.

Plus probably $800k+ a year for staff.

Only a FOOL would turn that opportunity down. And Colby is no fool!!!!

The only question is does SFA really want Colby? They may not....so this could be a great bluff by Carthel to get Commerce to serve more taters on his plate. Hmmmm. "Pass the ketchup please". Lol.
                              Last edited by ASUPops; 11-27-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                So you are saying SFA won't hire him??? If so why not? Do you not think he is good enough or ready for a move up?

I mean, he did apply for the position, so it is apparent he wants to better his career for he & his family.
                                I'm just saying I don't think he goes there. I don't have any secret inside info, I'm just piecing things together in my head and there's more to it than a paycheck.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X