Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Tech will never be able to out physical Texas/Oklahoma. That's why Leach succeeded, he didn't try to beat them at their own game, he made new rules and went air raid. It's similar to enmu using a different offense to create their own rules in the LSC. If someone goes to tech and tries to be what Texas and OU are, they'll never win. Not that Texas and OU are that physical, but you can't get those big, powerful recruits to Tech. You're gonna have to gimmick your way to wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      There was some talk about Gaskamp earlier in this thread, looks like he's taking over d2 Frankin Pierce as they begin their program here.
      I believe Franklin, which is a small private university, played in the Collegiate Sprint Football League since 2012. They make the move to NCAA DII in 2019. This will be a great challenge for Gas. I sure wish him the very best. It's an extremely BEAUTIFUL area. Overlooks a gorgeous little lake. I think he will enjoy NH.

Comment

North Texas lost their QB early in the game and it was a track meet. Never was that competitive when number two came in.

The new coach is 44-34 at Utah State. If I was a P5 program, I would have been looking for something more impressive than .564 as a head coach in G5.

Tommy Tuberville arrived in Lubbock sporting .680 out of the SEC over a decade, but could only muster .540 at Texas Tech and everyone wanted him fired for such. But Tech is now content to hire someone from G5 with .564.

Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
          North Texas lost their QB early in the game and it was a track meet. Never was that competitive when number two came in.

The new coach is 44-34 at Utah State. If I was a P5 program, I would have been looking for something more impressive than .564 as a head coach in G5.

Tommy Tuberville arrived in Lubbock sporting .680 out of the SEC over a decade, but could only muster .540 at Texas Tech and everyone wanted him fired for such. But Tech is now content to hire someone from G5 with .564.

Whatever.

Comment

• Last edited by Herb Street; 12-16-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

That game takes a whole different approach if the UNT QB doesn't go down early in the 1st. Not saying the outcome would have been different, but it would have looked a lot different.

Comment

Comment

Looks like the Lions have their OC & DC

https://twitter.com/coach_adibi/stat...155273729?s=21

And

https://twitter.com/billyriebock/sta...765608961?s=21

You can see titles in their profiles

Comment

The Mustangs went 0-10 this football season but Western New Mexico's Head Coach Frank Tristan still has a job. They're letting him slide because it was his first season with the program. I don't think any 0-10 Head Coach deserves to keep their job, first year or not.
                      Last edited by crixus; 12-21-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                        The Mustangs went 0-10 this football season but Western New Mexico's Head Coach Frank Tristan still has a job. They're letting him slide because it was his first season with the program. I don't think any 0-10 Head Coach deserves to keep their job, first year or not.
                        What was his hire date? And when did he start work?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                          What was his hire date? And when did he start work?
                          I want to say it was after signing day...but I could be wrong on that. I just remember thinking when it was announced that this year is basically lost.

Comment

Yes it was after nations signing day when he was hired. He needs time.

Comment

Dude got hired nearly in the middle of the summer. Give him time, Western nm is probably one of the toughest places in america to recruit to!
                              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                                Looks like the Lions have their OC & DC

https://twitter.com/coach_adibi/stat...155273729?s=21

And

https://twitter.com/billyriebock/sta...765608961?s=21

You can see titles in their profiles
                                Adbi started was a LBer coach at a Kansas JUCO (Garden City CC). Then went to Arkansas in 2018 as a LBer coach. That lasted one season. Now he is a defensive coordinator. Hmmm. *scratching my head*

Riebock, was a WR coach (I believe) at Rice, under Bailiff in 2017. Then he was at DIII Bridgwater College in 2018 as the OC....they were 6-4. Ran a 60/40 run/pass offense.

Prior to Rice, he was the OC for 4 seasons at Quincy. They racked up a 14-29 record during his time pulling the trigger. Not sure if this is a good measuring stick as Quincy is NOT a good team (small private school).

I certainly do not see "titles" (if referring the word titles to winning) in either coaches history.

Hope these are the right guys to keep TAMUC on top. I would hate to see LionFan as the ONLY TAMUC poster again in a few years. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X