Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Tech....which DII school do you pull for?

Comment

Gotcha.

For me, I was advised of the board by my nephew when my son signed with Angelo. He created ASUPop & his own user name and started posting as both....lol. I requested ASUPop be deleted....and I created ASUPops.

I dont have any direct loyalties....no skin in the game. But I have family that attend several LSC schools & young men I have coached or know from football that play for several.

When I go to games, I usually spend 1 half on each side.....except for ENMU & WNM ....dont know anyone at either.

Comment

Originally posted by olebuff View Post
        UH greatest era came under the great Bill Yeoman .

Comment

Art Briles son Kendal is the new Offensive Coordinator at Fla State. Good hire. He should breathe some life back into that inept offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            Art Briles son Kendal is the new Offensive Coordinator at Fla State. Good hire. He should breathe some life back into that inept offense.
            Like that big 14 points they put up against that defensive juggernaut Army in the Armed Forces bowl the other day? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
              Like that big 14 points they put up against that defensive juggernaut Army in the Armed Forces bowl the other day? :laugh:

Army's no slouch. The took a CFP team to O/T in Norman this season. How they aren't in the top 15 or so, I have no idea.

Comment

KU has not always been a bottom dweller in the Big XII. Seems like I remember Mark Mangino taking the Jayhawks to the Orange Bowl earlier in this past decade. Duke Univ is a good example that a Basketball heavy University can have moderate success in the Football program as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  Speaking of KK and coaches of his ilk. Did you see how bad Army put the smack down on Cougar High?
                  Univ of Houston needs to apply for Federal Disaster Relief after that contest. West Point has apparently turned the corner with their football program. Won the CINC Trophy the past two years. I can remember just a few seasons back that the Army Cadets didn't score 70 points all their games during the whole season. I bet Ike & MacArthur are up there smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    Army's no slouch. The took a CFP team to O/T in Norman this season. How they aren't in the top 15 or so, I have no idea.
                    Its seasons like this and last that are going to force tge CFP format to change. Its stupid that teams like Army, UCF, and others who as of late are playing very well are excluded almost from the get go, while teams like Alabama, Georgia, and other "elite" schools have to lose like 3 times to be positively excluded.
                    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
                      Univ of Houston needs to apply for Federal Disaster Relief after that contest. West Point has apparently turned the corner with their football program. Won the CINC Trophy the past two years. I can remember just a few seasons back that the Army Cadets didn't score 70 points all their games during the whole season. I bet Ike & MacArthur are up there smiling.
                      Both senior acadamies are doing pretty good. Navy has hit a rough patch the past couple years but will probably bounce back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Its seasons like this and last that are going to force tge CFP format to change. Its stupid that teams like Army, UCF, and others who as of late are playing very well are excluded almost from the get go, while teams like Alabama, Georgia, and other "elite" schools have to lose like 3 times to be positively excluded.
                        Well, let's be realistic, as impressive as UCF and Army were this year, they weren't exactly playing juggernauts each week. With the exception of the Big 12, the teams in other P5 conferences are enduring weekly blood baths in conference games. I mean, if a team like Ohio State can go into Purdue and get butt-raped on national TV, that's a testament to what P5 teams from at least the top 2 conferences have to endure.

In terms of dollars, the P5 has really become the P2: The B1G and the SEC. The other three have fallen way behind in the arms race and will not catch up. I realize fully that Clemson and OU come from the ACC and Big 12, but those programs dominate their conferences and have for years.

Comment

In terms of dollars, the P5 has really become the P2: The B1G and the SEC. The other three have fallen way behind in the arms race and will not catch up. I realize fully that Clemson and OU come from the ACC and Big 12, but those programs dominate their conferences and have for years.
                          You realize the Big 12 made more money per school than any other conference last year? Or do facts not matter?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                            You realize the Big 12 made more money per school than any other conference last year? Or do facts not matter?
                            Facts matter so let Forbes help you out a little.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidch.../#271ac43c5bf2

For FY 2018, the projected media payouts per school per conference are as follows:

Big 10: $50 million per school
                            SEC: $43 million per school
                            Big 12: $34 million per school
                            Pac 12: $32 million per school
                            ACC: $28 million per school

It's the B1G, the SEC, and then everyone else. The B1G negotiated blockbuster deals with two of the four major networks - FOX and ABC/ESPN.
                            Last edited by Herb Street; 12-27-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Well, let's be realistic, as impressive as UCF and Army were this year, they weren't exactly playing juggernauts each week. With the exception of the Big 12, the teams in other P5 conferences are enduring weekly blood baths in conference games. I mean, if a team like Ohio State can go into Purdue and get butt-raped on national TV, that's a testament to what P5 teams from at least the top 2 conferences have to endure.

Check Alabamas schedule......not impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                                Check Alabamas schedule......not impressive
                                Not at all a Bama fan but...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college...ength-by-other

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ek-14-rankings

http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X