Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of the 3 remaining teams do you have beating TAMC?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Slow down. I'm not Turbo. I mean, if you're going to call me an idiot sure, but we both know you can do better.
      Too easy to stay in your head. Don't even know who you are.

Comment

With WT, they are 6-2 and you have them finishing 7-4. Chalk up a loss to TAMU-C, who do you think gives them the other? I don't see either of those teams beating the buffs.

Comment

8-2 is going to put Commerce in a bind. 9-2 generally gets a team in, if Dixie pulls off the upset and finishes 9-2 Commerce is in serious trouble. If the NSIC finishes with 3 9-2 or better teams Commerce needs help still. The only thing they have going for them us maybe their SOS. They need to beat their next 3 opponents convincingly, and need to finish above Angelo in the standings or 1 slot behind them.

This would not be the first year that a team has beaten another team and been the one sitting out of the playoffs. The committee values playing 11 games, with a 9-2 record it is an automatic leg up over 8-2.
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            8-2 is going to put Commerce in a bind. 9-2 generally gets a team in, if Dixie pulls off the upset and finishes 9-2 Commerce is in serious trouble. If the NSIC finishes with 3 9-2 or better teams Commerce needs help still. The only thing they have going for them us maybe their SOS. They need to beat their next 3 opponents convincingly, and need to finish above Angelo in the standings or 1 slot behind them.

This would not be the first year that a team has beaten another team and been the one sitting out of the playoffs. The committee values playing 11 games, with a 9-2 record it is an automatic leg up over 8-2.
            Not sure why you keep harping on this. For regional rankings a win is a win. Unless things have changed, margin of victory does not figure in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post

Slow down. I'm not Turbo. I mean, if you're going to call me an idiot sure, but we both know you can do better.
              Hilarious! You are fast becoming my favorite Texan poster!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                  Not sure why you keep harping on this. For regional rankings a win is a win. Unless things have changed, margin of victory does not figure in.
                  Cause the final rankings are subjective. They are guided by the criteria but only that, the committee is not limited to a set formula, they have the leeway to move teams around as they see fit.

Last year 8-2 Midwestern sat, 2 years before that 8-2 ENMU and 8-2 Humbolt along with 9-2 Duluth all sat in both those years 3 rd teams from conferences were sat in favor of including all conferences. This year the choice most likely will be between 2 9-2 teams and Commerce, and that's only if Mines beats Dixie. If RMAC produces 9-1 Mines and Pueblo with 9-2 Dixie, Commerces only chance is to jump Angelo,

Last year Tarleton despite rolling their schedule much like this year was the 2 seed, commerce the year before won the Natty but were road warriors, CWU got the 1 seed that year, despite being the only rep from their conference and having arguably the weakest schedule of the top 3.

Having 11 d2 games is not a criteria either but the committee routinely rewards teams for playing 11 games, 9-2(.818)has routinely been favored over 8-2(.800). Primarily because it's an automatic higher win % and easy justification for the committee.

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Its been several years since I was involved in the regional rankings process. I am assuming the formulas are close to the same. The committee doesn't look at 9 games versus 11. What hurts a team with only 9 D2 games is not having two extra teams on the schedule to provide you with strength of schedule and opponents strength of schedule. If your team plays in a weak conference then you are in a world of hurt with only those 9 games and possibly no D2 non conference games. A team with 11 D2 games that schedules well non conference will have the advantage every time.

Where Tarleton is in a world of hurt against Minnesota Mankato is they have only 9 D2 games and the only non conference game is against William Jewell. That team may only finish with 1 win. Mankato has 11 D2 games and have an advantage of being in split divisions where they have the possibility of playing the better teams from the other side in any given year.

Tarleton may hold the top spot now but I would expect Mankato to take over in the end. The math will be the downfall not the committee.

Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 11-01-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Hilarious! You are fast becoming my favorite Texan poster!
                          I feel honored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                            Its been several years since I was involved in the regional rankings process. I am assuming the formulas are close to the same. The committee doesn't look at 9 games versus 11. What hurts a team with only 9 D2 games is not having two extra teams on the schedule to provide you with strength of schedule and opponents strength of schedule. If your team plays in a weak conference then you are in a world of hurt with only those 9 games and possibly no D2 non conference games. A team with 11 D2 games that schedules well non conference will have the advantage every time.

Where Tarleton is in a world of hurt against Minnesota Mankato is they have only 9 D2 games and the only non conference game is against William Jewell. That team may only finish with 1 win. Mankato has 11 D2 games and have an advantage of being in split divisions where they have the possibility of playing the better teams from the other side in any given year.

Tarleton may hold the top spot now but I would expect Mankato to take over in the end. The math will be the downfall not the committee.
                            How DARE you bring logic to this board! Mods, ban this poster!!

Comment

Comment

Mary and Crookston have not helped our cause. Playing Sioux Falls next week should give a nice boost to our SOS. Last year we got the #1 because of in region record. The Texans have the opportunity to play more in region games but find it more important to schedule a money game and a jv squad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X