Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    I do not believe the Rams will have an answer for Lions talented QB
    He was the difference-maker in the Wt game. The Loins did not play well at our place. Smalls carried the team in the 4th.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I tend to agree Commerce is the favorite after seeing both teams in person. I think ASU will be up for this game and I don't expect them to let it get out of hand. I was very impressed with Smalls and his game though. Gerber had one of his better games against ASU, so I would expect Smalls to have a big game. ASU is very physical on defense, so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Massey has Lions as 2.5 point favorites. I think thats a bit low. 10.5 more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          Massey has Lions as 2.5 point favorites. I think thats a bit low. 10.5 more like it.
          I could see 5.5 or 6 maybe.. but 10.5??

Comment

Thanks for getting this back on track Techster...I too believe that Smalls will be the key if the Lions hope to advance. He is much more of a dual threat now than at the beginning of the year. Our secondary also has to prevent the big play and continue to cause turnovers. 30-28 Lions in a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
              No one has ever said anything dismissive of anyone, and no one has been whining. Reading comprehension. Unconscious bias. Read. Learn.
              The HYPOCRISY in this post is PRICELESS.

Don't get butt-hurt LF. 707

Comment

Not avoiding at all. TAMUC should be the #2 team after Saturday.

Will they? Hmmmmmmm.

We'll see.

Comment

Maybe Massey knows you have a LB playing RB.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The HYPOCRISY in this post is PRICELESS.

Don't get butt-hurt LF. 707
                    Not butt hurt at all. Id have to give a crap about some people's opinions around here before that could happen. I stopped feeding trolls long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Not butt hurt at all. Id have to give a crap about some people's opinions around here before that could happen. I stopped feeding trolls long ago.
                      PRICELESS!!!!!! 7070707

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I could see 5.5 or 6 maybe.. but 10.5??
                        I was judging that based on last week. You may be closer to right, but I expect a 2 score difference.

Comment

Gonna be a good game. I have to go for the Rams at home on this one.

Comment

With all the pre-game BS & hype out of the way (on my part)...Here is what I think....

This will be a tough game for BOTH teams. The issues for BOTH teams are as follows: (1) Substantial injuries. Neither will be at full strength; (2) Can and have been inconsistent; (3) Either are capable of winning by 14+ depending WHICH team shows up.

Simply glancing at national team stats.......and taking the position that POINTS win games, not stats, TAMUC has the #21 Scoring Offense and Angelo has the #28 scoring offense. ON the defensive side, Angelo has the #7 Scoring Offense and TAMUC has the #50 Scoring Defense.

Another important factor could be discipline. Angelo ranks 12th (tied) in Fewest Penalties and TAMUC ranks 114th in Fewest Penalties.

How about Turnovers Lost....TAMUC tied for 15th with 11 on the season, and Angelo tied for #43 with 14 on the season.

An important note is Angelo has 10 games played and TAMUC 9.....while the Total Scoring Offense & Defense ranks are based on Avgs, the fewest penalties & turnovers lost are TOTAL for the year. When you look at Fewest Penalties per game, Angelo Ranks #22 and TAMUC Ranks #130.

Watching both teams play (saw 2 Angelo games and 4 TAMUC games), TAMUC appears to have more overall talent, but Angelo seems to be much more disciplined. TAMUC has a great skilled player in Smalls, but Angelo's defense is very physical which may neutralize TAMUC.

KEYS TO VICTORY:

BOTH teams must win the battle in the trenches. Whichever team does will give a huge plus to their team for a W.
                            TAMUC must go to the air and beat Angelo on big plays. The defense must stop the Angelo pass attack, as Angelo has lots of receiving weapons. The Lions have got to get some defensive points and play with more discipline than ever.
                            ANGELO must ground and pound and not abandon the running game. They MUST control TOP and wear down the TAMUC defense. The defense must contain and shutdown Smalls (not an easy task) and make TAMUC depend on the other skill players to win. The Rams need to have a great game on special teams and continue to play disciplined. Consistency may be the biggest factor for a Angelo victory.

Heck, this game COULD come right down to coaching..

Again.....if EITHER team has a BAD night, look for a 14+ point victory for the other.

Been waiting for this game ALL SEASON. As soon as I saw the schedule, I had a feeling this game was gonna be THE GAME, like it was in 2014.

I wish for a competitive match with good sportsmanship and an INJURY FREE game for both teams.

LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!

Comment

I was judging that based on last week. You may be closer to right, but I expect a 2 score difference.
                              I AGREE......but not sure which way. AND I hope its a better game than that!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                                With all the pre-game BS & hype out of the way (on my part)...Here is what I think....

This will be a tough game for BOTH teams. The issues for BOTH teams are as follows: (1) Substantial injuries. Neither will be at full strength; (2) Can and have been inconsistent; (3) Either are capable of winning by 14+ depending WHICH team shows up.

Simply glancing at national team stats.......and taking the position that POINTS win games, not stats, TAMUC has the #21 Scoring Offense and Angelo has the #28 scoring offense. ON the defensive side, Angelo has the #7 Scoring Offense and TAMUC has the #50 Scoring Defense.

Another important factor could be discipline. Angelo ranks 12th (tied) in Fewest Penalties and TAMUC ranks 114th in Fewest Penalties.

How about Turnovers Lost....TAMUC tied for 15th with 11 on the season, and Angelo tied for #43 with 14 on the season.

An important note is Angelo has 10 games played and TAMUC 9.....while the Total Scoring Offense & Defense ranks are based on Avgs, the fewest penalties & turnovers lost are TOTAL for the year. When you look at Fewest Penalties per game, Angelo Ranks #22 and TAMUC Ranks #130.

Watching both teams play (saw 2 Angelo games and 4 TAMUC games), TAMUC appears to have more overall talent, but Angelo seems to be much more disciplined. TAMUC has a great skilled player in Smalls, but Angelo's defense is very physical which may neutralize TAMUC.

KEYS TO VICTORY:

BOTH teams must win the battle in the trenches. Whichever team does will give a huge plus to their team for a W.
                                TAMUC must go to the air and beat Angelo on big plays. The defense must stop the Angelo pass attack, as Angelo has lots of receiving weapons. The Lions have got to get some defensive points and play with more discipline than ever.
                                ANGELO must ground and pound and not abandon the running game. They MUST control TOP and wear down the TAMUC defense. The defense must contain and shutdown Smalls (not an easy task) and make TAMUC depend on the other skill players to win. The Rams need to have a great game on special teams and continue to play disciplined. Consistency may be the biggest factor for a Angelo victory.

Heck, this game COULD come right down to coaching..

Again.....if EITHER team has a BAD night, look for a 14+ point victory for the other.

Been waiting for this game ALL SEASON. As soon as I saw the schedule, I had a feeling this game was gonna be THE GAME, like it was in 2014.

I wish for a competitive match with good sportsmanship and an INJURY FREE game for both teams.

LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!
                                Well said. Big games bring out the best in the players who have the mythical "IT." Having watched both teams here at Wt & several times online, Smalls has "IT."
                                He's just a winner. His presence on the field gives the Lions an advantage. Is it enough of an advantage for the Lions to win?? IDK. I will give the edge to the Lions.
                                As with most games the team that makes the big plays win. The Lions have more playmakers. I'll take the Lions in this one, it will be close.
                                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X