Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Lady Javs.

The softballs ought to flying in the mile high air in Denver.

Comment

• Re: OT: Softball

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
      Congrats to the Lady Javs.

The softballs ought to flying in the mile high air in Denver.
      Lady Javs are 48 wins and 8 losses for the season. Let the double elimination D2 World Series begin. We meet Grand Valley in our initial game.

Comment

Originally posted by missourijavelina View Post
        Lady Javs are 48 wins and 8 losses for the season. Let the double elimination D2 World Series begin. We meet Grand Valley in our initial game.
        Win it all, lady javs. Maybe WT can hire your coach away!!! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          I've been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Start with some of our former coaches. One is in the RMAC, and another is freshly available from tamuccsux
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Start with some of our former coaches. One is in the RMAC, and another is freshly available from tamuccsux
              The only problem with Nicholson is: he'll be oughta there the first decent to good D1 job is offered to him.

Comment

The only problem with Nicholson is: he'll be oughta there the first decent to good D1 job is offered to him.
                Maybe, or maybe his previous D1 job soured him on the experience.
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Comment

Maybe, or maybe his previous D1 job soured him on the experience.
                    I doubt that. If a good Big 10 or SEC or PAC offer came along........ I think he was making about $150,000 at Arizona State. Doubt he's making more than $65K at Kingsville.

Comment

I doubt that. If a good Big 10 or SEC or PAC offer came along........ I think he was making about $150,000 at Arizona State. Doubt he's making more than $65K at Kingsville.
                      Texas Tribune has Nicholson at 82K
                      Bruister at TAMC is listed at 66K. Maybe you could make a run at him.
                      UTPB at 46K
                      TAMUI is at 58K

also has tamuccsux HC at 55K, UTA at 70K, UTSA at 62K, UTEP at 85K
                      Last edited by JavsFan; 05-19-2019, 04:45 PM. Reason: additional schools added

Comment

UTPB at 46K
                        TAMUI is at 58K

I imagine WT would be in the same ballpark for the right coach. I'm not sure what Blaskowski was making at WT, but I bet it was in the same range.

Ras might know what Blas was making. Ras?

Comment

UTPB at 46K
                          TAMUI is at 58K

Did you see what Abrams was making? I think B was in 6 figures.

Comment

I imagine WT would be in the same ballpark for the right coach. I'm not sure what Blaskowski was making at WT, but I bet it was in the same range.

Ras might know what Blas was making. Ras?
                            https://openpayrolls.com/kevin-l-blaskowski-6304376

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                              Did you see what Abrams was making? I think B was in 6 figures.
                              WT's records weren't on there. They seem to add different entities over time.

Comment

Someone did some research online and sent it to me.

It appears that Blaskowski was right at $100,000. Koch was at $84,000. Wendler, our Prez, is at $335,000. If Blaskowski was at $100,000, obviously WT will pay top D2 dollar for a coach. I didn't get a figure for Abrams.

If WT is willing to pay $100,000 for the right softball coach, the new hire better understand what expectations come with it. Win. Win Big. 3rd/4th place finishes in the LSC and an early out in the NCAA tournament won't cut it. Championships are expected.

Someone making $82K might well consider moving to a nationally known program making $100,000.

I saw, after this post, that Pop had the Blaskowski number.
                                Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-20-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X