• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Softball

Referring to Lacey

Comment

Originally posted by sobafish View Post
      There may have been a slim chance that Ashley Harden could have had her name placed on the left field wall with the WT great players.As a long time follower of WT softball I can assure you that will never happen thanks to her father.
      When Lemos first came to WT she wore 1, but changed it to 3 a year or 2 later. Her number (3) was retired. but Hardin was wearing it by then. So, I wondered, if Hardin does really well, how can they retire her number, when it's already been retired? Thanks to the controversies, I do believe that has become a moot point.

However, I would like to see Shayne Starkey's #0 be retired. Despite all the controversies the last 2 years, and even with her parents voicing disapproval for Candace and the AD, Shayne continued to do her best on the field. Without her we would have been fortunate to be above .500.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
        I love how the guy compares ACU stadium to WTs new Stadium. ACU seats 12k while WT only seats 8500.... Uhhhh no. ACU seats 9k with grass seating of 3k. Almost the same exact size as WTs.
        ACU's asses are much wider so it's actually less.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
          When Lemos first came to WT she wore 1, but changed it to 3 a year or 2 later. Her number (3) was retired. but Hardin was wearing it by then. So, I wondered, if Hardin does really well, how can they retire her number, when it's already been retired? Thanks to the controversies, I do believe that has become a moot point.

However, I would like to see Shayne Starkey's #0 be retired. Despite all the controversies the last 2 years, and even with her parents voicing disapproval for Candace and the AD, Shayne continued to do her best on the field. Without her we would have been fortunate to be above .500.
          WT does not "retire" numbers. The players are honored in their respective venues. Mo Cheeks was #10, and that is one number that should have been retired, but that number has been worn by many players since Mo was at WT.

Comment

No way Starkey was in the same tier as the girls on the wall. Not even close. She was a better than average pitcher and player, but not a program all-timer. If you look at on-the-field performance and stats, Hardin should be. But after what I'm hearing about the locker room and off the field antics plus her Dad, it'll never happen.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-16-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I could see Kylee Moore going on the wall, girl was legit! Glad to see here leaving!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                I could see Kylee Moore going on the wall, girl was legit! Glad to see here leaving!
                Not sure how that will work with the coach gone. Who makes that decision? But, yes, she should be up there!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                  Not sure how that will work with the coach gone. Who makes that decision? But, yes, she should be up there!
                  She's got a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
                    WT does not "retire" numbers. The players are honored in their respective venues. Mo Cheeks was #10, and that is one number that should have been retired, but that number has been worn by many players since Mo was at WT.
                    I haven't seen a #10 since LeComte got her number on the wall. Maybe it was an unofficial policy, but Kim has been gone 6 years, and that's a pretty common number. The same is true for Erwin (#34) and Taylor (#23). With a new coach that might change, but we will see.

I do agree about Cheeks, but at least he got a statue.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                      No way Starkey was in the same tier as the girls on the wall. Not even close. She was a better than average pitcher and player, but not a program all-timer. If you look at on-the-field performance and stats, Hardin should be. But after what I'm hearing about the locker room and off the field antics plus her Dad, it'll never happen.
                      Starkey wasn't a great pitcher but we would have been lost without her the last 2 years. She also did a great job at first base and left field. She played in almost every game for 4 years, winning 36 games from the circle (30 in the last 2 years) and hit .365 for her career. If you look at the sum total, it's a very impressive career.

Moore likely will be up there, depending on who makes the decisions.

Comment

Kingsville gets by Cameron today 12-8 thanks to a dreadful defensive 3rd inning by Cameron (9 runs allowed).

For the game, Cameron gave up only 3 earned runs.

Comment

Starkey wasn't a great pitcher but we would have been lost without her the last 2 years. She also did a great job at first base and left field. She played in almost every game for 4 years, winning 36 games from the circle (30 in the last 2 years) and hit .365 for her career. If you look at the sum total, it's a very impressive career.

Moore likely will be up there, depending on who makes the decisions.
                          That just confirms that our pitching staff was not top tier this year. Starkey had an impressive career. But, not an all-time great player career. She wasn't a Kim LaConte or Renee Erwin. It would be like comparing Joe Peptone to Mickey Mantle. That ought to date me.

Comment

Lady Javs completed sweep of Cameron today. Now, on to Colorado and the D2 National Championships. Most of our players return. Our two 20+ win pitchers return next year. GO LADY JAVS!

Comment

Originally posted by missourijavelina View Post
                              Lady Javs completed sweep of Cameron today. Now, on to Colorado and the D2 National Championships. Most of our players return. Our two 20+ win pitchers return next year. GO LADY JAVS!
                              Best of luck! Y`all kicked our asses all season, so you must be pretty good. They can beat anyone in the country as long as they minimize errors.

Comment

Originally posted by missourijavelina View Post
                                Best of luck!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X