Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Try II View Post
    Rumors WT and Midwestern to the MIAA in 2025, plus a few GAC schools. Any truth or just hogwash?
    I sure hope this isn't try. I know that WT has struggled a lot recently and Midwestern State has struggled some as well, but it would be awful for the LSC if they left. The LSC has already lost too many good teams over the last dozen years or so with Abilene Christian, Tarleton, and Texas A&M - Commerce jumping to FCS. And you can't count on just getting Texas D3 and NAIA schools to keep replacing teams that leave the conference. The better ones might be happy where they are and the others would take a decade before they could be counted on to consistently win games in conference. Y'all saw what UTPB did to Texas College this year. And Sul Ross wasn't able to beat WNMU or ENMU. This strategy would just continue to weaken the conference.
    And I also don't get the appeal or benefits of being in a 25 team conference with multiple divisions. If you are only going to play another team every 6 or 8 years, as another poster commented, what exactly is the point of being in the same conference as them. Just schedule them in non-conference. And if you are one of 25 schools, you are going to have almost no say in how the conference is run. And the arguement that one big conference is cheaper on the schools because of less conference overhead won't really pan out in the long run. Economies of scale has its limits. The bigger conference will have to add more staff and levels of bureaucracy to handle everything. The commissioner will push for a much larger salary because of the big wonderful conference that he or she is running so we'll. In the end the cost savings won't materialize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I don't have the time to give you full history lessons, but here's the synopsis.

Pitt put the MIAA on the map by coming in and competing nationally back when the conference was terrible. They were in the hunt but came up a little short a bunch of times.. Been to 4 ncs and won 2. Been knocked out of the playoffs by the NC at least 6 times thanks to regionality with Pitt giving the champ their best game of the PLAYOFF several of those times. But that was a long time ago, and Pitt is just coming off of a decade of being godawful.

Then NW came along and took D2 football success to levels it has never been before or since. At the same time, the rest of the conference got tired of sucking and spent the cash to at least try to compete.
      Don't need history lesson.😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No, but your big complaint was whiny parents costing teams players. I see that transcending levels.
        Never said anything about whiny parents. My point is players who are at DII have one of two mindsets. Get as far away from home as possible (not many) or stay as close enough to home so fam can cone to games (majority).

How do I know this? Coaching HS football players for 15+ years. Knowing hundreds/thousands of HS players and parents. Helping them navigate recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Never said anything about whiny parents. My point is players who are at DII have one of two mindsets. Get as far away from home as possible (not many) or stay as close enough to home so fam can cone to games (majority).

How do I know this? Coaching HS football players for 15+ years. Knowing hundreds/thousands of HS players and parents. Helping them navigate recruiting.
          Some do because it’s the only option, or they have a much better chance of playing early. Or they get screwed out a DI offer at the last minute by the great transfer portal and any others you had before committing have now been filled - like my kiddo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoosterMom View Post

Some do because it’s the only option, or they have a much better chance of playing early. Or they get screwed out a DI offer at the last minute by the great transfer portal and any others you had before committing have now been filled - like my kiddo.
            Yes happens all the time at D1. Heck, happens at D2 as well.

Let's say they are going to sign 3 receivers. They will offer 5 or 6. Each receiver s ranked 1-6. They are going to go with the best 3 commits. They pull the remaining offers. Some offer more than 5 or 6.

NEVER, EVER is it about the player (the person). It is ALWAYS about fielding the absolute best talent. Regardless of the used car salesman job the recruiters give, it's ALWAYS, ALWAYS about getting the best talent available. Ultimately, it's about keeping their jobs and bettering their (coaches) career.

Comment

• Funny how discussion erupts from some baseless “rumor”.

Comment

• For this rumor to be true it would require WTs AD to have an actual thoughtful plan. That is unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                  For this rumor to be true it would require WTs AD to have an actual thoughtful plan. That is unlikely.
                  Never pass up an opportunity to grind your axe.

Comment

• I really do think joining the other TX teams in 1AA would be better, geographically, for WT. Not sure about the finances, though.

Comment

OK. I see what you are saying now. There are TX kids on D2 rosters all over the country, so I assume a TX team could still find enough to make a good team, even if you had a few long travel games each year.

Comment

I mean other than powerhouse NWMS and 2 NC in Pitt history, no one else in MIAA has done anything. NWMS put the MIAA on the map.
                        To be fair thats like most conferences anywhere in NCAA football where its 2 teams and everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

To be fair thats like most conferences anywhere in NCAA football where its 2 teams and everyone else.
                          True, but the LSC has NEVER had the success MIAA has. Especially with NWMS 9 trips to the natty & Pitt 4 trips to the natty.

Comment

True, but the LSC has NEVER had the success MIAA has. Especially with NWMS 9 trips to the natty & Pitt 4 trips to the natty.
                            Yeah, if you exclude Kingsville, and a couple other LSC schools, particularly back before you started as a high school coach (probably not even a head coach). Between 1969 and 1980, I believe that an LSC school won something like 11 out of 12 NAIA national championships. Kingsville won 6 national championships in that period and 7 total. Last time I checked, Kingsville still holds the record for most NAIA national championships.

Since moving to NCAA D2, Tarleton and Texas A&M - Commerce have both won national championships. Kingsville went to the national championship game at least one time in the 1990's and went to the semi-finals twice in 2002 & 2003. And I probably missed a couple data points along the way.

But knowing that would require you to know and care about history before you speak, which clearly you don't.

If anyone besides ASUPops sees any corrections that need to be made, please let me know.

Maybe someone can fill me in on why ASUPops has spent nearly 10 years on an LSC message board posting 10,387 times (on average over 1,000 a year​​​) when he states the conference is weak, has never had any real success, and that he doesn't have any skin in the game or a team that he favors. All of which he has explicitly stated before. Just curious.😁
                            Last edited by TAMUK09; 11-04-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• WT SUCKS!!!!!

I am so disappointed.

This is the 2nd year I have backed them.

I get the whole "new" coach thing, but COME ON. This HC brought in so many portal transfers to stack his team and flat out laid an egg.

I am gonna become a UTPB fan. Their "new" HC WINS!

SMH

Comment

WT SUCKS!!!!!

I am so disappointed.

This is the 2nd year I have backed them.

I get the whole "new" coach thing, but COME ON. This HC brought in so many portal transfers to stack his team and flat out laid an egg.

I am gonna become a UTPB fan. Their "new" HC WINS!

SMH
                                Wt is simply backing up to get a running start.
                                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X