Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Try II View Post
    Rumors WT and Midwestern to the MIAA in 2025, plus a few GAC schools. Any truth or just hogwash?
    How in the hell does this make sense? Not attacking your comment, just the damn mentality if this is actually true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goods View Post

How in the hell does this make sense? Not attacking your comment, just the damn mentality if this is actually true.
      The only way that makes sense is if Angelo State, UTPB, etc. jump ship to D1 and CW and WO play somewhere else and the LSC as as whole collapses.

WT and Midwestern haven't won anything in football in the LSC for years so not sure why they would think moving to the MIAA would increase that chance (which it wouldnt).

These of course are just my unsolicited opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

The only way that makes sense is if Angelo State, UTPB, etc. jump ship to D1 and CW and WO play somewhere else and the LSC as as whole collapses.

WT and Midwestern haven't won anything in football in the LSC for years so not sure why they would think moving to the MIAA would increase that chance (which it wouldnt).

These of course are just my unsolicited opinions.
        Would the LSC collapse, or just the football portion? Isn’t there like, 40 teams in the LSC but only a handful have football?

Comment

• It makes perfect sense. MIAA is stable and a premier conference while the lsc is unstable. The geography makes sense too.

WT should not be afraid to make a bold move. The stiff competition will help WT recruit more talented athletes.

Comment

MIAA commissioner has publicly said that he wants to build a 20-25 team superconference with divisions. I have no idea where he plans to find those schools, or if TX is on the radar at all?

Each school would save a ton on admin and physical conference overhead. I don't know if that would free up enough to help balance the travel, though?

I assumed the GAC or maybe a few Western RMAC schools would be the best targets, but who knows?

Not sure about the others mentioned, but WT has the facilities to not be behind the 8 ball in conference right away, and it is in an area that the MIAA recruits quite a bit, so I guess it sort of makes sense.

Comment

If enough Oklahoma and Arkansas schools join, their travel (expenses) get a little better. That would be the number one factor. Sounds like the MIAA wants a mega-conference but the North and South wouldn't meet much, if at all. Yes, doesn't make sense but that's the way things are headed apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Maybe, but what year (or century)?
                I was being a bit sarcastic. I do believe Lynn will build a solid program. And we won't have to wait 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Would the LSC collapse, or just the football portion? Isn’t there like, 40 teams in the LSC but only a handful have football?
                  Great question and point.

Maybe the LSC carries on and loses their ability to have earned access and has to schedule 4+ non conference games?

There is probably 5% chance or less anything like that happens but if one of the remaining teams jump it may incentivize other teams to follow.

Comment

• West Texas AM to Maryville, Mo. 681 miles, 9hr 45min drive. Long drive. Do not see any advantages to a super conference. Long drives and yearly rivalries broke up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
                      It makes perfect sense. MIAA is stable and a premier conference while the lsc is unstable. The geography makes sense too.

WT should not be afraid to make a bold move. The stiff competition will help WT recruit more talented athletes.
                      Maybe I am being really obtuse or pessimistic but I think your expectations of an MIAA move are a bit unrealistic.

I doubt 95% of the athletes you are recruiting are going to be impressed that WT is in the MIAA instead of the LSC.

Heck most athletes arent going to know the difference between the MIAA or the LSC or care for that matter.

Individual teams maybe (Pitt State, NW Missouri).

So far it hasnt happened to Central Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        West Texas AM to Maryville, Mo. 681 miles, 9hr 45min drive. Long drive. Do not see any advantages to a super conference. Long drives and yearly rivalries broke up.
                        Simply put the WT president (until he retires or croaks) is going to stick with the cheapest and easiest route which is the LSC as long as they bring up D3- schools inside Texas to join the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                          West Texas AM to Maryville, Mo. 681 miles, 9hr 45min drive. Long drive. Do not see any advantages to a super conference. Long drives and yearly rivalries broke up.
                          The plan, apparently, is to have almost two conference in one so a "South" school like WT wouldn't face a "North" school like Northwest once but every 6-8 years or not at all. Same goes in other sports; barely play the other division.

Football South (WT, Midwestern, UCO, Pitt, MoSo, OBU, NSU, SW Okie, Ark Tech) ... Rogers for other sports

Football North (Hays, Emporia, Washburn, Mo West, Northwest, Central Mo, William Jewell, Wayne, UNK) ... Newman for other sports

Other options could be Rockhurst, Southern Naz (fb), Harding (fb), NW Okie (fb), Ok Christ, Cameron, Drury and Racy's dream school, UMKC

Comment

• I'm torn on it. I like whatever gives football some ooc games. I like the idea of regions, but dislike the idea of not playing NW, WU, or ESU very often. There's a lot of history there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              GD it… I came here for the women’s sports updates and instead find doggy talk :(
                              What's the effin difference????

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post
                                Rumors WT and Midwestern to the MIAA in 2025, plus a few GAC schools. Any truth or just hogwash?
                                MSU-Texas isn't going anywhere. Can't answer for WT. I don't see any GAC teams wanting to jump ship. That would be a foolish move cost wise, imo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X