Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post

I’m in the state of Washington. We legalized drugs and defunded the police and it’s working out so well.
    Well your comment about WT in the national championship this year certainly makes more sense now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Surely you jest, or perhaps pink is your favorite color?
      Well I heard from a very reliable source that he & his boy toy JackOffGNAC drink pink wine coolers together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

PRINCESS Elsa, you dumbazz! 😄😄
        I knew I should have come to you first to seek out your expertise on girly stuff before posting. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

Well I heard from a very reliable source that he & his boy toy JackOffGNAC drink pink wine coolers together.
          Haha.

I do miss those days of Humboldt, Azusa, ACU, Commerce, Tarleton, etc. fans to talk crap too.

Its almost like talking about the high school days. Haha.

At least WT and Kingsville are showing signs of life and maybe that trash talk can pick up a bit.

Central Washington posters are doing their best.

Maybe UTPB and Sul Ross can pick up the slack.

Good to see you HOGSVRR . Post more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I knew I should have come to you first to seek out your expertise on girly stuff before posting. ;)
            Haha.

2 grand daughters (2 & 4 at the time) that spent 1 year SINGING and performing Frozen songs for me. I d@mn well know Elsa, by heart!!!

These two girls (now 4-6 and their little brother Junior) are very athletic. Come from.a long line of athletes. Paternal side has multiple boxers, professional body builders; Paternal grandparents are both 3 sport athletes, 1 played in college; Maternal grandparents both ran track in college; parents were multi sport athletes and both played at Angelo State (football/volleyball). The kids all inherited the fast twitch muscles (speed) from my side of the family!!!
            Last edited by ASUPops; 09-17-2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Haha.

2 grand daughters (2 & 4) that spent 1 year SINGING and performing Frozen songs for me. I d@mn well know Elsa, by heart!!!
              Haha. My daughter didnt care about Frozen that much.

I was subjected to Victorious and fuller house which was torture also.

Luckily she is 12 now and is more into goofy tik tok videos instead of trying to steal the TV.

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed how good Western Colorado is this season? According to one poll, they are #9 in the nation.

They have opened huge leads against all their opponents, WT, UTPB, and #22 CSUP. The final scores were closer in the last 2 games, because unlike WT's, their offenses got going near the end of the game.

https://gomountaineers.com/sports/football/schedule

Speaking of rankings, here's how the LSC teams stand. How about those Peccaries!
                Rank ▾ School Conference Rating W L Prev Chng Pwr Off Def
                16 TAMU-Kingsville Lone Star 1.32 3 0 22 6 36 84 12
                21 Angelo St Lone Star 1.05 1 2 5 16 12 20 8
                33 Central Washington Lone Star 0.65 1 2 59 26 32 31 36
                41 Eastern New Mexico Lone Star 0.54 3 0 65 24 82 66 88
                42 West Texas A&M Lone Star 0.53 2 1 66 24 44 85 22
                58 Texas-Permian Basin Lone Star 0.13 2 1 82 24 13 11 42
                60 Western Oregon Lone Star 0.11 1 2 36 24 58 68 62
                67 Midwestern St Lone Star -0.02 1 2 42 25 75 96 53
                93 Western New Mexico Lone Star -0.52 1 2 85 8 112 71 143

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how good Western Colorado is this season? According to one poll, they are #9 in the nation.

They have opened huge leads against all their opponents, WT, UTPB, and #22 CSUP. The final scores were closer in the last 2 games, because unlike WT's, their offenses got going near the end of the game.

https://gomountaineers.com/sports/football/schedule

Speaking of rankings, here's how the LSC teams stand. How about those Peccaries!
                  Rank ▾ School Conference Rating W L Prev Chng Pwr Off Def
                  16 TAMU-Kingsville Lone Star 1.32 3 0 22 6 36 84 12
                  21 Angelo St Lone Star 1.05 1 2 5 16 12 20 8
                  33 Central Washington Lone Star 0.65 1 2 59 26 32 31 36
                  41 Eastern New Mexico Lone Star 0.54 3 0 65 24 82 66 88
                  42 West Texas A&M Lone Star 0.53 2 1 66 24 44 85 22
                  58 Texas-Permian Basin Lone Star 0.13 2 1 82 24 13 11 42
                  60 Western Oregon Lone Star 0.11 1 2 36 24 58 68 62
                  67 Midwestern St Lone Star -0.02 1 2 42 25 75 96 53
                  93 Western New Mexico Lone Star -0.52 1 2 85 8 112 71 143

Guess we will find out how good when they play Mines for the RMAC title later.

They did have a huge lead on Mines last year and choked.

Comment

• I looked at the rest of the schedule, don't think Wt will have as many wins as last year.
                    This rebuild may take longer than planned. I like the direction Wt is going and the coaching staff.
                    Just slow progress.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                      I looked at the rest of the schedule, don't think Wt will have as many wins as last year.
                      This rebuild may take longer than planned. I like the direction Wt is going and the coaching staff.
                      Just slow progress.
                      That’s pretty scary. The McBroom curse on football continues.

I thought anyone could improve on what Hughes did. Though I think there are signs of improvement, I think there should be more of them.

Comment

• It sure did not take Carthel long to build a winning program.

Comment

That’s pretty scary. The McBroom curse on football continues.

I thought anyone could improve on what Hughes did. Though I think there are signs of improvement, I think there should be more of them.
                          I know it's tough, but be patient. It can take a second season to see the changes really take effect. And when there has been a prolonged drought, it can take even longer. You have to completely change the whole culture of the program, break even more bad habits and prove even more people wrong. In Kingsville's case the program pretty much had to learn to win again from scratch, especially for conference games.

WT has been competitive. 2 of the loses were only be a point. WT only lost by one touchdown in Kingsville which is an improvement over last year when they lost by 14 in Canyon.

Next year should be a good one for WT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                            I looked at the rest of the schedule, don't think Wt will have as many wins as last year.
                            Just slow progress.
                            If Lynn can replicate what he did in Kearney, you guys will be just fine. I'm sure you know this but it's worth repeating, he took one of the worst programs in the conference and built a playoff team in 5 years.

Before Lynn, UNK's 5 years in the MIAA went like this: 3-8, 3-8, 3-8, 0-11, 1-10. It was a slow but consistent rise after Lynn took over as he got his system and players in place. He went 3-8, 5-6, 7-5 (Bowl win vs Winona), 2-0 (COVID year), 10-3 (Playoff win @ Western Colorado) & 8-3.

I'm sure he'll have you guys in a good place before long.

Comment

• Every coach including Lynn gets a pass unless he went 0-10 and got blown out every game.

He needs time to get his full team to buy into his system and cycle out all the Hughes leftovers.

Once WT wins that "big game" against a contender then WT should be off to the races after that.

I am a little disappointed that the defense has appeared to regress since the first two games but there will be fluctuations throughout the year.

Comment

• He definitely seems to be a system guy, and not a super flexible win with what you have guy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X