Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

The wins WT has this year will all be upsets when you lose to Western New Mexico, Eastern New Mexico, and Simon Fraser the previous year.

They are starting from rock bottom in my eyes.
    Oh come on, by the third game you will be offering your usual "if WT can run the table" scenarios. Unlike the past 2 seasons I feel like WT has a very good chance of having a successful season.

By late October Lynn should have the team playing well. That's when the 2 highest ranked teams are scheduled. I don't predict a win against Angelo, but the others are all possible. I'll go with 7-3 as my conservative prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

The president of Amarillo College is giving a speech at the college I work at tomorrow. Should I ask him about this?
      I don't think Wendler cares where the potential students go, as long as they save money by doing it. So Frank Phillips and other junior colleges would be in play.

You might ask the AC president if he agrees that Wendler is doing a poor job, and what he thinks of the vote of no-confidence by the faculty.

Comment

The president of Amarillo College is giving a speech at the college I work at tomorrow. Should I ask him about this?
        If its Russell Lowry he resigned a few days ago. Feel free to ask him why he resigned from Amarillo College and if he would recruit Wendler to join him in retirement.

Amarillo College President Lowery-Hart resigns

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Oh come on, by the third game you will be offering your usual "if WT can run the table" scenarios. Unlike the past 2 seasons I feel like WT has a very good chance of having a successful season.

By late October Lynn should have the team playing well. That's when the 2 highest ranked teams are scheduled. I don't predict a win against Angelo, but the others are all possible. I'll go with 7-3 as my conservative prediction.
          I give those scenarios for every team until they are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

I did the same thing for Kingsville when I knew they would get flushed down the toilet after their 1st loss.

WT should trend upward but might be asking a lot brand new out of the gate with new philosophies, coaches, and style of players.

Fingers crossed though.

Comment

If its Russell Lowry he resigned a few days ago. Feel free to ask him why he resigned from Amarillo College and if he would recruit Wendler to join him in retirement.

Maybe with Wendler running AC more students would opt for 4 years at WT. Plus he can bring his bats.

Comment

Maybe, if I haven’t fallen asleep during the meeting by that point.

Comment

• JT Cavender is listed on the D2football Elite 100. It does have him as going to…West Chester?

Comment

• Is he running a form of the same pistol option at WT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Is he running a form of the same pistol option at WT?
                    I think it’s going to be closer to 50/50 run/pass, for what I’ve seen that’s a big reason Lynn was able to keep Bogardus at WT. Lynn said at the media day that they’re still going to have some form of the option, but I don’t know what that will look like exactly.

Comment

JT Cavender is listed on the D2football Elite 100. It does have him as going to…West Chester?
                      It’s fixed now, Cavender isn’t moving to Pennsylvania after all.

Comment

• Did Wt have a scrimmage this morning? If so anyone go??
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Is he running a form of the same pistol option at WT?
                          Not from what I've seen so far. Occasionally they run out of a pistol-like formation, but mostly on goal line plays.

Comment

I think it’s going to be closer to 50/50 run/pass, for what I’ve seen that’s a big reason Lynn was able to keep Bogardus at WT. Lynn said at the media day that they’re still going to have some form of the option, but I don’t know what that will look like exactly.
                            It may end up being multiple like Ferris. It seems like they just run out whatever they drew up in the dirt that day. Makes them crazy hard to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
                              Did Wt have a scrimmage this morning? If so anyone go??
                              I drove over. They have recruited well. Much more talented than in the spring. Especially the fronts. Looks like to me they will be pretty good if they get the QB position right. Looks like brown it’s between brown and the freshman from wink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

I drove over. They have recruited well. Much more talented than in the spring. Especially the fronts. Looks like to me they will be pretty good if they get the QB position right. Looks like brown it’s between brown and the freshman from wink.
                                The freshman from Wink is Kanon Gibson, whose father coached him in high school and evidently always planned for him to be a QB, considering his first name!
                                https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/footbal...n-gibson/12584

Lynn brought 7 players with him from Kearney and has at last count 58 freshman on the roster. It's been a long time since I've been excited about the football team, but I am now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X