Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

1. It's a big increase and the same thing happened when they were winning football national championships. You assume the exposure had no impact. It did.

2. It's on CBS.

3. I pose points that are contrary to the sunshine you're pumping. A transition is neither impossible or easy. It's not all good or all bad. There are many factors to be weighed and I'm presenting some of the difficulties.

You clearly have not paid attention to what I've written because I've stated it's easier for a school like Tarleton to transition because they've never really won anything. Now they can say they're losing to SFA instead of TAMUK and nothing is lost.

If WT ever transitions, I will root for them to succeed. There are countless people that I like that are associated with WT.

4. You can talk about whatever you want and I can disagree. That's fun.
    Not even on the table or in discussions. It WAS, but the current admin gave it a death sentence. Too bad. If you hear any WT posters talking D1, it's mere wishful thinking and chest pumping.

Comment

• Facilities definitely have an impact in recruiting, especially when they are below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I see your points and agree.

I point to Incarnate Word to being a recent school moving up and having success in Football FCS.

The NIL and transfer portal have really ruined the environment for me.
        I disliked d1 more before the portal or NIL. It's corrupt corporate greed at It's worst, but at least now they are honest about it instead of everybody cheating and pretending like they weren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Facilities definitely have an impact in recruiting, especially when they are below average.
          Yep. Have had multiple friends of mine leave their home town for another university because.

1) Home town university didnt have indoor training facilities which put them behind in development and for that athletic year.
          2) One school you actually had to schedule your time in the weight room due to the lack of number of weights and space.

University(s) that were chosen had indoor facilities and tons of weight room equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

1. It's a big increase and the same thing happened when they were winning football national championships. You assume the exposure had no impact. It did.

2. It's on CBS.

3. I pose points that are contrary to the sunshine you're pumping. A transition is neither impossible or easy. It's not all good or all bad. There are many factors to be weighed and I'm presenting some of the difficulties.

You clearly have not paid attention to what I've written because I've stated it's easier for a school like Tarleton to transition because they've never really won anything. Now they can say they're losing to SFA instead of TAMUK and nothing is lost.

If WT ever transitions, I will root for them to succeed. There are countless people that I like that are associated with WT.

4. You can talk about whatever you want and I can disagree. That's fun.
            I truly do get your points. I tend to take things too personal when I see something posted that is the equivalent of inaccurate or I dont know what you are talking about and I have to have the last word to defend.

Would I overall love to see WT stay D2? Sure but not at the expense of diluting down D2 or the conference itself. Personally for me there is a point where there is no longer any satisfaction as a fan of beating our chest gloating about those "huge" road wins in Alpine, Plainview, Seguin, etc, if the LSC moves in that direction. Maybe its the boomer in me thinking about the "glory" days of past D2 setups.

As a long term WT fan its still a bitter pill to swallow watching WT as a kid playing D1 schools to being humiliated by a canadian university that nobody cares about and no longer has a football team.

If a situation happens where Midwestern, Angelo, Kingsville, UTPB, etc. all move up and the LSC collapses then I will take the position all day and every day that WT needs to take the next D1 train out of town before becoming a D2 independent and/or begging neighboring conferences to be an affiliate member like the west coast schools are having to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I was able to finally go and see a practice yesterday. My biggest take away from what I saw is the whole atmosphere is just lighter and way better than it ever was under Hughes.

Defensive line is not going to be 5'10" 220 anymore. They have actually recruited some size and will have way more depth. QB, seems like it's Kyle Brown's job to lose from my observation. The transfer from NMST didn't look great to me. The two freshmen Dubose and Gibson stood out, both have some wheels. Dubose also had several nice throws.

The combination of JT Cavendar and Jimmy Harrison could be fun to watch at LB. Harrison is undersized but made several big plays on defense, should have known since he was all conference MIAA. Looks like the secondary lost Shuva from last year's team at CB, not sure when he left but he was really good as a freshman last year. There will be a lot of new faces with the transfers they brought in.

The offense will be way more balanced and multi dimensional, a refreshing site for WT fans. I think the biggest question on offense will be at RB. The offensive line is going to have good size and plenty of depth this year. Receivers should also be a strength with a few new faces and good returning players.

​
              Appreciate it man!! It is going to be interesting. sounds like lynn took care of the OL and DL groups in recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Not even on the table or in discussions. It WAS, but the current admin gave it a death sentence. Too bad. If you hear any WT posters talking D1, it's mere wishful thinking and chest pumping.
                No question about it. That's why we need new leadership to replace Wendler and McBroom.

What WT REALLY needs to do is convince potential students in Amarillo that it's a good place to go. Even when I was going to WT students going to bigger schools looked down on us. Some of those later ended up at WT (usually due to financial issues) and were pleasantly surprised at the high quality.

Wendler is the kind of guy you want working for the competition. We need an AD that puts football first instead of focusing on being the top runner up for the Whatchamacallit award.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

Thanks for the update. Did they scrimmage Saturday??
                  I didn't make it so I don't know. I'm planning on going tomorrow.

Comment

I truly do get your points. I tend to take things too personal when I see something posted that is the equivalent of inaccurate or I dont know what you are talking about and I have to have the last word to defend.

Would I overall love to see WT stay D2? Sure but not at the expense of diluting down D2 or the conference itself. Personally for me there is a point where there is no longer any satisfaction as a fan of beating our chest gloating about those "huge" road wins in Alpine, Plainview, Seguin, etc, if the LSC moves in that direction. Maybe its the boomer in me thinking about the "glory" days of past D2 setups.

As a long term WT fan its still a bitter pill to swallow watching WT as a kid playing D1 schools to being humiliated by a canadian university that nobody cares about and no longer has a football team.

If a situation happens where Midwestern, Angelo, Kingsville, UTPB, etc. all move up and the LSC collapses then I will take the position all day and every day that WT needs to take the next D1 train out of town before becoming a D2 independent and/or begging neighboring conferences to be an affiliate member like the west coast schools are having to do.
                    WT wouldn’t move to D1 even if it meant they were playing Boys Ranch every week in D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

WT wouldn’t move to D1 even if it meant they were playing Boys Ranch every week in D2.
                      True statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

No question about it. That's why we need new leadership to replace Wendler and McBroom.

What WT REALLY needs to do is convince potential students in Amarillo that it's a good place to go. Even when I was going to WT students going to bigger schools looked down on us. Some of those later ended up at WT (usually due to financial issues) and were pleasantly surprised at the high quality.

Wendler is the kind of guy you want working for the competition. We need an AD that puts football first instead of focusing on being the top runner up for the Whatchamacallit award.
                        Problem there is that idiot wants them to go to Amarillo College their first two years even if they live in the Amarillo Metro area.

Comment

Problem there is that idiot wants them to go to Amarillo College their first two years even if they live in the Amarillo Metro area.
                          Wihen you permanently cede your autonomous university to a mothership over 400 miles away, this is what you end up with two generations later. Deal with it.

Comment

Wihen you permanently cede your autonomous university to a mothership over 400 miles away, this is what you end up with two generations later. Deal with it.
                            Didn't stop Texas A&M Commerce.

It is ironic this last 10 year span when the Carthels' went from Canyon to Commerce how the philosophy of each program changed and did a 180.

2013 I would have bet the house WT would have followed ACU and IW before Tarleton and Commerce.

Comment

It's worked out well for Tarleton and Commerce.

Comment

What is of even more concern is that John Notso Sharp likes what Wendler is doing, despite the vote of no confidence from the faculty.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X