Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its all going to come full circle. We are going to end up back where we were. I might be wrong but something has to give at the Power 5 Group of 5 Level. What they are doing now won't hold up IMO. it will be to hard on the kids that are playing. Too much travel, too much time away from school. This is what I see coming down the pipe.

1. Power 5 (or 4 or wherever we are at this point) is going to create there own Division.
    2. Group of 5 is going to have there own Division. Mountain West will combine with the MAC, AAC and conference like what NDSU is in will join this division. .
    3. Schools like Tarleton, ACU, Commerce, WT will be in a Division. It won't be called D2 but they will all be in the same league. ACU and a couple might move up to the second Tier. but for the most part it will be the old LSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

What is of even more concern is that John Notso Sharp likes what Wendler is doing, despite the vote of no confidence from the faculty.
      If you only knew the truth of what is happening behind the scenes. I could go on for an hour, but I'd be betraying confidences. Sharp is no fan of Wendler.

Comment

• Today was my 3rd practice.

Again, I liked watching Lynn coach the OL. A lot of time was spent scrimmaging in the red zone. WT only had 54% success last year in the red zone. Very very unacceptable. Kyle Brown probably has the lead at the QB spot due to his more experience. If the freshman kid from Wink had a bit more experience, he'd be the frontrunner for the QB position. He's had a great camp. I'm not sure the coaches are anywhere close to making a final decision at QB. The talent is there. The new offense requires some good option decision-making by the QB.

Today, in the red zone, the offense scored on 3 inside traps, 1 pass to a TE over the middle, and 5 passes on the edge. The D had maybe 9 or 10 stops inside the red zone. Lynn gave the win to the D today. We have some speed at WR and RB. The RB's played a good part of the passing game out of the backfield. The offense will be more varied, less predictable this year. A very good thing, IMO. We have more talent than we had last year. A lot of competition. Another good thing. The kickers go before practice so I can't tell you about them. Coach Lynn did tell me our punter is having a great camp.

I was going to watch the team every day the rest of this week.....but I have to leave tomorrow for a family funeral in Mississippi. Rats!
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-15-2023, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

If you only knew the truth of what is happening behind the scenes. I could go on for an hour, but I'd be betraying confidences. Sharp is no fan of Wendler.
          Thank you for giving me hope. I would like to see Wendler chased out of town by the bats in Founders Hall.

Comment

• Why does WT covet drama? Tech has the same problem. When things are good they make controversial changes that cause hard feelings with alumni and fans. When changes need to be made they wait until things get so bad it takes years to recover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
              Why does WT covet drama? Tech has the same problem. When things are good they make controversial changes that cause hard feelings with alumni and fans. When changes need to be made they wait until things get so bad it takes years to recover.
              We have had plenty of poor administrators at WT but right now we are at rock bottom.

Comment

Why does WT covet drama? Tech has the same problem. When things are good they make controversial changes that cause hard feelings with alumni and fans. When changes need to be made they wait until things get so bad it takes years to recover.
                That is often a symptom of a system full of people trying to justify their jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                  Its all going to come full circle. We are going to end up back where we were. I might be wrong but something has to give at the Power 5 Group of 5 Level. What they are doing now won't hold up IMO. it will be to hard on the kids that are playing. Too much travel, too much time away from school. This is what I see coming down the pipe.

1. Power 5 (or 4 or wherever we are at this point) is going to create there own Division.
                  2. Group of 5 is going to have there own Division. Mountain West will combine with the MAC, AAC and conference like what NDSU is in will join this division. .
                  3. Schools like Tarleton, ACU, Commerce, WT will be in a Division. It won't be called D2 but they will all be in the same league. ACU and a couple might move up to the second Tier. but for the most part it will be the old LSC.
                  Yeah I agree. Make the Power 5 a double AA farm team for the NFL (it basically is already), Other D1/FCS conferences true student athletes, D2 on down intramural athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    Today was my 3rd practice.

Again, I liked watching Lynn coach the OL. A lot of time was spent scrimmaging in the red zone. WT only had 54% success last year in the red zone. Very very unacceptable. Kyle Brown probably has the lead at the QB spot due to his more experience. If the freshman kid from Wink had a bit more experience, he'd be the frontrunner for the QB position. He's had a great camp. I'm not sure the coaches are anywhere close to making a final decision at QB. The talent is there. The new offense requires some good option decision-making by the QB.

Today, in the red zone, the offense scored on 3 inside traps, 1 pass to a TE over the middle, and 5 passes on the edge. The D had maybe 9 or 10 stops inside the red zone. Lynn gave the win to the D today. We have some speed at WR and RB. The RB's played a good part of the passing game out of the backfield. The offense will be more varied, less predictable this year. A very good thing, IMO. We have more talent than we had last year. A lot of competition. Another good thing. The kickers go before practice so I can't tell you about them. Coach Lynn did tell me our punter is having a great camp.

I was going to watch the team every day the rest of this week.....but I have to leave tomorrow for a family funeral in Mississippi. Rats!
                    This is great news. Lynn definitely gets a pass year 1 to clean up the Hughes mess. I look for big things in 2024.

Comment

Things haven't gone well in 10+ years since the Carthels' were chased out of town.

Step 1 has been taken care of with an established successful head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That is often a symptom of a system full of people trying to justify their jobs.
                        Yep. I feel this statement being a government employee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

This is great news. Lynn definitely gets a pass year 1 to clean up the Hughes mess. I look for big things in 2024.
                          Lynn has had transition years at both his previous jobs. The records weren’t too good, but both teams improved significantly the second year. I expect the same at WT, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had an upset or two this year since (for what it’s worth), Hughes did bring in some decent players that ultimately stuck around for Lynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Lynn has had transition years at both his previous jobs. The records weren’t too good, but both teams improved significantly the second year. I expect the same at WT, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had an upset or two this year since (for what it’s worth), Hughes did bring in some decent players that ultimately stuck around for Lynn.
                            The other jobs were pre portal madness. In a lot of cases,, it doesn't take quite as long as it used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

The wins WT has this year will all be upsets when you lose to Western New Mexico, Eastern New Mexico, and Simon Fraser the previous year.

They are starting from rock bottom in my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Problem there is that idiot wants them to go to Amarillo College their first two years even if they live in the Amarillo Metro area.
                                The president of Amarillo College is giving a speech at the college I work at tomorrow. Should I ask him about this?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X