Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

His connection to ASU has been gone for about a decade.

You could just block him if he hurts your feelings this much?
    RIght??

🤣🤣🤣

EXACTLY like I blocked his candy azz LAST year!

Another keyboard warrior who talks the talk, but will NOT walk the walk. 🙄

Nice to see I live rent free in his peanut brain.

NEXT......

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I’m curious how much of that is Lynn thinking if he goes all-in with the triple option, that he ends up looking too much like ENMU, so he wants to be different? Maybe he’s also thinking that WT had their best years when Carthel was running the Air Raid, so maybe he’s throwing a bone to that?
      ENMU runs triple option because traditionally they could not keep up with the rest of the LSC in recruiting thecl talent required to run 11 personnel offensive schemes.

They found a niche with the triple that worked for them. Very well at times.

I am not sure that is the direction WT should go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

ENMU runs triple option because traditionally they could not keep up with the rest of the LSC in recruiting thecl talent required to run 11 personnel offensive schemes.

I’m no expert, but I think WTs unique style could be the ISO, be able to ground and pound when needed, but spread the defense efficiently. Have a hard nosed defense that can give any talented offense a tough time.
        Just like buffalos 🦬 in a herd, they should emphasize the big men on OL & DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

I’m no expert, but I think WTs unique style could be the ISO, be able to ground and pound when needed, but spread the defense efficiently. Have a hard nosed defense that can give any talented offense a tough time.
          Just like buffalos 🦬 in a herd, they should emphasize the big men on OL & DL.
          Well...that would be utilizing a 21 personnel and I am not sure that would be very successful with today's modern defenses. You play 8 in the box and that scheme is dead.

However, winning in the trenches will allow almost any well executed concept to be successful.

And, for sure, defense wins championships.

Comment

I would not like to see WT run the triple option on a regular basis. I would like to see a good balance between run and pass, as most defenses are better against one of the other. I remember Carthel winning a bowl game with a surprise running attack, because that team was better defending the pass.

Comment

Well...that would be utilizing a 21 personnel and I am not sure that would be very successful with today's modern defenses. You play 8 in the box and that scheme is dead.

However, winning in the trenches will allow almost any well executed concept to be successful.

And, for sure, defense wins championships.
              Agreed.

Triple options in college and to a certain extent high school are for teams that consistently lack modern talent at the skill positions and try to play ball control with a superior offensive line.

At one time the high school West Texas Teams could run triple options to perfection in the playoffs and advance pretty far.

Now in the 5A and 6A games those offenses get stuffed in the final rounds by superior athletic defenses.

Simply put I want WT to have a dynamic offense with a chance to win championships and not be "that team" that strives for 8-3'ish seasons with playoff appearances as the ceiling.

Comment

• Triple can work if you spend most of your schollies on Defense, and the rest on oline.

That's kind of what Harding seems to do. Consistent playoff team who could make a deep run once in a great while when the D is truly elite like 2017. The triple is a good O to have if you want to win rock fights.

Thehanges to blocking rules make it a lot less desirable than it used to be, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I would not like to see WT run the triple option on a regular basis. I would like to see a good balance between run and pass, as most defenses are better against one of the other. I remember Carthel winning a bowl game with a surprise running attack, because that team was better defending the pass.
                  I sgree

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Agreed.

Triple options in college and to a certain extent high school are for teams that consistently lack modern talent at the skill positions and try to play ball control with a superior offensive line.

At one time the high school West Texas Teams could run triple options to perfection in the playoffs and advance pretty far.

Now in the 5A and 6A games those offenses get stuffed in the final rounds by superior athletic defenses.

Simply put I want WT to have a dynamic offense with a chance to win championships and not be "that team" that strives for 8-3'ish seasons with playoff appearances as the ceiling.
                    Agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Yes, balance is so much harder to defend. It takes a complete D, you can't just sell out.

Comment

• I would love to hire our former OC but I’m sure he makes more than our head coach.

https://acusports.com/sports/footbal...our%20seasons.

Update: maybe not, he was successful at ACU but now he’s a head coach.

https://www.wranglersports.net/sport...es/Stephen_Lee
                        Last edited by WT_TKW; 11-29-2023, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• More Hall of Champions Inductees!

Sergio Castillo
                          The all-time leading scorer in West Texas A&M football history joins the WT Hall of Champions as beloved fan-favorite Sergio Castillo enters the Class of 2024. He led the Lone Star Conference in scoring in 2012 (149) and 2013 (129) and he still holds the league record for most made extra points made and attempted (251-of-255).

The La Joya, Texas product connected on a program-best 62 field goals during his career in Maroon & White to score 437 points as a Buffalo to claim First Team D2CCA All-American honors in 2012 and 2013. The four-time All-LSC honoree signed as a free agent with the Atlanta Falcons following his collegiate career and later played for the New York Jets, seeing time in seven NFL games with eight career field goals.

Castillo has registered a standout career in the Canadian Football League, playing 59 career games with 124 made field goals. He was named a CFL All-Star for the BC Lions in 2019, connecting on 41-of-45 attempts for a league-leading 91.1% success rate. The 2021 season saw Castillo sign with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, advancing to the 108th Grey Cup where Sergio went a perfect 5-of-5 on field goals while converting an extra point in a 33-25 overtime victory by the Bombers. He currently is signed with Winnipeg for the 2024 season. Sergio and his wife Adriana, a former Lady Buff soccer player, have one son Jared.

Merced Solis
                          Merced Solis, known around the world as "Tito Santana", takes his rightful place in the WT Hall of Champions. He played tight end for the Buffaloes from 1971-74, being named a Second Team All-Missouri Valley honoree as a junior. Following his collegiate career, Merced was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs and played professionally in the Canadian Football League for the BC Lions.

Solis entered the world of professional wrestling in 1977 and embarked on a storied career that brought him notoriety around the world. He was a two-time WWE Intercontinental Champion as well as a two-time WWE Tag Team Champion, being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004. He was also a member of the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2013 with other inductions into the New England Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and the Rio Grande Valley Athletic Hall of Fame.

The Mission, Texas native retired from in-ring competition in 1996 and began a successful teaching career in New Jersey. Merced is a man of Faith and considers his family as his greatest accomplishment. He and his wife, Leah, are the proud parents of three accomplished sons: Mathew, Michael, and Mark.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X