Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post
    It makes perfect sense. MIAA is stable and a premier conference while the lsc is unstable. The geography makes sense too.

WT should not be afraid to make a bold move. The stiff competition will help WT recruit more talented athletes.
    Hogwash. You will lose MANY Texas recruits. Their parents won't be able to travel to Nebraska and Missouri every other week. That's a LONG DRIVE to most away games for parents/family of players...hell Kearney is 10 hours just from dallas. What about recruits from Houston, San Antonio, Odessa? They going to drive 12-14 each way??? NOPE!

WT would take years to build, if ever, because they WOULD lose top recruits due to family travel to games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

The plan, apparently, is to have almost two conference in one so a "South" school like WT wouldn't face a "North" school like Northwest once but every 6-8 years or not at all. Same goes in other sports; barely play the other division.

Football South (WT, Midwestern, UCO, Pitt, MoSo, OBU, NSU, SW Okie, Ark Tech) ... Rogers for other sports

Football North (Hays, Emporia, Washburn, Mo West, Northwest, Central Mo, William Jewell, Wayne, UNK) ... Newman for other sports

Other options could be Rockhurst, Southern Naz (fb), Harding (fb), NW Okie (fb), Ok Christ, Cameron, Drury and Racy's dream school, UMKC
      This is off season chatter. Not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Hogwash. You will lose MANY Texas recruits. Their parents won't be able to travel to Nebraska and Missouri every other week. That's a LONG DRIVE to most away games for parents/family of players...hell Kearney is 10 hours just from dallas. What about recruits from Houston, San Antonio, Odessa? They going to drive 12-14 each way??? NOPE!

WT would take years to build, if ever, because they WOULD lose top recruits due to family travel to games.
        It would open Oklahoma City and Kansas City recruiting to WT. Carthel use to get players from Florida and California. If WT is going to get back to actually having NFL potential players again, they need to make a bold move. Wt needs to have a plan and not just constantly being put in the situation of having to react to decisions made by other universities.

Comment

It would open Oklahoma City and Kansas City recruiting to WT. Carthel use to get players from Florida and California. If WT is going to get back to actually having NFL potential players again, they need to make a bold move. Wt needs to have a plan and not just constantly being put in the situation of having to react to decisions made by other universities.
          I have no clue of the point(s) you are trying to make. Lol.

Comment

I have no clue of the point(s) you are trying to make. Lol.
            Yeah we have all known for some time but we have gotten to accept you anyway.

Comment

Just move up to D1 already and join the Southland if you are seriously considering the MIAA as an option.

At least with that move the travel is the same but it's inside Texas (which most of the recruits are coming from anyway) and Louisiana.

Comment

Yeah we have all known for some time but we have gotten to accept you anyway.
                😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Just move up to D1 already and join the Southland.

At least with that move the travel is the same but it's inside Texas (which most of the recruits are coming from anyway) and Louisiana.
                  I would much prefer a move to D1 than MIAA!!!

The MIAA is great, but not the right move for WT.

Comment

Agree on both points.

The MIAA is a stronger conference in most sports.

I would rather see the LSC try to get stronger and poach away strong teams from Texas D3/NAIA teams or borderline struggling FCS teams.

Comment

I have heard a bunch of coaches talk about how it's more of an individual thing. Some kids want to be away from home for school while others want to stay close to family. This would create an odd situation because you are asking kids who stayed close to home to travel for games.

Then again, it's not that odd. I mean if those kids went to UT or TX state, their folks wouldn't be making nearly as many games, and I doubt they are losing many recruits because of it.

Comment

In football, I am not sure WT has the institutional commitment to succeed in the MIAA, let alone D1 under the current regime.

Then again, I see mediocre football schools going D1 all the time, as football is an afterthought for a lot of D1aa schools. I'm sure it must make financial sense for them with potential bball money and paycheck games in several sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I have heard a bunch of coaches talk about how it's more of an individual thing. Some kids want to be away from home for school while others want to stay close to family. This would create an odd situation because you are asking kids who stayed close to home to travel for games.

Then again, it's not that odd. I mean if those kids went to UT or TX state, their folks wouldn't be making nearly as many games, and I doubt they are losing many recruits because of it.
                          Not apples to apples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

In football, I am not sure WT has the institutional commitment to succeed in the MIAA, let alone D1 under the current regime.

Then again, I see mediocre football schools going D1 all the time, as football is an afterthought for a lot of D1aa schools. I'm sure it must make financial sense for them with potential bball money and paycheck games in several sports.
                            I mean other than powerhouse NWMS and 2 NC in Pitt history, no one else in MIAA has done anything. NWMS put the MIAA on the map.

Comment

I mean other than powerhouse NWMS and 2 NC in Pitt history, no one else in MIAA has done anything. NWMS put the MIAA on the map.
                              I don't have the time to give you full history lessons, but here's the synopsis.

Pitt put the MIAA on the map by coming in and competing nationally back when the conference was terrible. They were in the hunt but came up a little short a bunch of times.. Been to 4 ncs and won 2. Been knocked out of the playoffs by the NC at least 6 times thanks to regionality with Pitt giving the champ their best game of the PLAYOFF several of those times. But that was a long time ago, and Pitt is just coming off of a decade of being godawful.

Then NW came along and took D2 football success to levels it has never been before or since. At the same time, the rest of the conference got tired of sucking and spent the cash to at least try to compete.

Comment

Not apples to apples.
                                No, but your big complaint was whiny parents costing teams players. I see that transcending levels.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X