X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    WT SUCKS!!!!!

I am so disappointed.

This is the 2nd year I have backed them.

I get the whole "new" coach thing, but COME ON. This HC brought in so many portal transfers to stack his team and flat out laid an egg.

I am gonna become a UTPB fan. Their "new" HC WINS!

SMH
    All the REAL Texas Rangers fans!!! 😜

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Wt is simply backing up to get a running start.
      😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Thst's right!

Problem is I don't have a "REAL" team to be a fan of in DII. I never attended a DII school. I WANT to be a die hard fan of a DII team, but I just can't fabricate that deep feeling. Ya know?

I have that in D1 and NFL for sure!!

H3ll, I am not even a diehard fan of my own HS football team. Only been to one game since I played.

Comment

Thst's right!

Problem is I don't have a "REAL" team to be a fan of in DII. I never attended a DII school. I WANT to be a die hard fan of a DII team, but I just can't fabricate that deep feeling. Ya know?

I have that in D1 and NFL for sure!!

H3ll, I am not even a diehard fan of my own HS football team. Only been to one game since I played.
          👍🏻

Makes sense. Gotta look outside of Texas for that! Maybe that’s why you haven’t found one to hitch your wagon to?

Meh, my diehard fandom of my high school ended the day I graduated. Haha.

Comment

WT SUCKS!!!!!

I am so disappointed.

This is the 2nd year I have backed them.

I get the whole "new" coach thing, but COME ON. This HC brought in so many portal transfers to stack his team and flat out laid an egg.

I am gonna become a UTPB fan. Their "new" HC WINS!

SMH
            In multiple other threads, wasn't this clown slamming people who were "fair weather fans" and "jumping on the Rangers bandwagon" just because they were in the playoffs and heading to the World Series? He was bashing people who were not "true" fans in his book.

First off, the name he uses indicates some connection to ASU. But he has barely mentioned ASU all season from what I have seen and, when he has, he has been bashing them. He sure jumped off that bandwagon fast when ASU lost a regular season game.

Now he has angrily posted on multiple threads that he has "backed WT for the past 2 years". Like that means anything. And now he has officially dumped WT in favor of UTPB just because their new coach has helped his team get into the playoffs. All because his pride got hurt because a team he has ZERO actual connection to lost a couple games. And he thinks that claiming a new connection to a team that he has ZERO real connect to will somehow rebuild his pride.

My guess is that no one actually connected to the ASU, WT, or UTPB program actually wants this guy connected to their programs in any way. That is why he has so much time on his hands that he can post on every thread and average over 1100 posts a year!

I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but people who go around bashing people like this guy does frustrates me. Especially when none of the rules that they apply to others seem to apply to them.
            Last edited by TAMUK09; 11-04-2023, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• As much as I LOVE that my Hounds won....

If you think for one instant Lynn can't win at WT with all their resources your delusional.

I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                As much as I LOVE that my Hounds won....

If you think for one instant Lynn can't win at WT with all their resources your delusional.
                I am being patient since this is the first year.

However its uber frustrating that two teams also with first year head coaches (UTPB and ENMU) were able to get the best of Lynn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                  As much as I LOVE that my Hounds won....

100% agree.

When a team's rough spell is deeper and longer, it takes a little longer to get back to being playoff caliber.

I've said it before: look at Kingsville. When Mike Salinas came in, Kingsville had 16 seasons or so where they had 2 playoff losses and 1 consolation bowl win. That was probably worse than any 16 year period in the program's previous 60 seasons. With that being said, it took Mike Salinas 3 full seasons to get 2 mediocre records. So it can take time.

And I understand the frustration that the WT fans are dealing with. I am still frustrated at where Kingsville's football program is at.

Comment

• Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

In multiple other threads, wasn't this clown slamming people who were "fair weather fans" and "jumping on the Rangers bandwagon" just because they were in the playoffs and heading to the World Series? He was bashing people who were not "true" fans in his book.

First off, the name he uses indicates some connection to ASU. But he has barely mentioned ASU all season from what I have seen and, when he has, he has been bashing them. He sure jumped off that bandwagon fast when ASU lost a regular season game.

Now he has angrily posted on multiple threads that he has "backed WT for the past 2 years". Like that means anything. And now he has officially dumped WT in favor of UTPB just because their new coach has helped his team get into the playoffs. All because his pride got hurt because a team he has ZERO actual connection to lost a couple games. And he thinks that claiming a new connection to a team that he has ZERO real connect to will somehow rebuild his pride.

My guess is that no one actually connected to the ASU, WT, or UTPB program actually wants this guy connected to their programs in any way. That is why he has so much time on his hands that he can post on every thread and average over 1100 posts a year!

I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but people who go around bashing people like this guy does frustrates me. Especially when none of the rules that they apply to others seem to apply to them.
                    His connection to ASU has been gone for about a decade.

You could just block him if he hurts your feelings this much?

Comment

• Disappointing loss yesterday. Lot's of recruiting work to be done.

My coaching takeaway is wondering about Lynn's hire for the OC. Kyser's offense just didn't seem "right" most of the year. The UTPB game exerted. Our offense was very good that night. Something just felt off. Like he wasn't committed to anything. Were we a hybrid or did Lynn really want a triple option style? I'm beginning to believe the triple option is what Lynn is comfortable running. Will he recruit it? Gibson is a good fit and so is Dubose, both freshmen.

Maybe Lynn needs to follow his heart and history. If that means he becomes OC and hires a new OL coach....? It's gonna be interesting. I just feel uneasy about our lack of offense this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                        Disappointing loss yesterday. Lot's of recruiting work to be done.

My coaching takeaway is wondering about Lynn's hire for the OC. Kyser's offense just didn't seem "right" most of the year. The UTPB game exerted. Our offense was very good that night. Something just felt off. Like he wasn't committed to anything. Were we a hybrid or did Lynn really want a triple option style? I'm beginning to believe the triple option is what Lynn is comfortable running. Will he recruit it? Gibson is a good fit and so is Dubose, both freshmen.

Maybe Lynn needs to follow his heart and history. If that means he becomes OC and hires a new OL coach....? It's gonna be interesting. I just feel uneasy about our lack of offense this year.
                        I’m curious how much of that is Lynn thinking if he goes all-in with the triple option, that he ends up looking too much like ENMU, so he wants to be different? Maybe he’s also thinking that WT had their best years when Carthel was running the Air Raid, so maybe he’s throwing a bone to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I grew up Texas Rangers fan. The most miserable team ever allowed to field a MLB team. Still remember watching the Yankees come back in top of 9th down 6 or 8 runs with two outs to win. I was at the game when Nolan Ryan went off on that White Sox player. At least there was some kind of victory that night. White Sox easily won that game.

Lived and died many a game following them.

Finally, someone decided the Rangers futility was playing in the Texas heat all Summer. Texas Summers from July through late September is a prelude or an insight into h3ll.

Next, they built an Air Conditioned hotel like atmosphere to play baseball in. I guess it worked. Doesn’t feel like a baseball park at all.

Don’t watch or follow baseball anymore. Just watched the last couple of innings of the WS. Rangers winning WS feels surreal. You just expect them to find a way to lose. Not like history doesn’t tell you this.

You being from Minnesota realize that the Twins and Rangers will always be linked to the Senators. Another MLB team known for futility. DC realized this and didn’t name their third try the Senators.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                            Disappointing loss yesterday. Lot's of recruiting work to be done.

I agree about the lousy offense, but the defense also sucks. At least there is symmetry.

This year's results are very disappointing. I knew last year would be bad, but was sure ANYONE would be better than Hughes. Not so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I agree about the lousy offense, but the defense also sucks. At least there is symmetry.

This year's results are very disappointing. I knew last year would be bad, but was sure ANYONE would be better than Hughes. Not so far.
                              Honestly as I look through the 2023 season there were 2 plays that changed WT's season for the worst.

1) Not recovering the onside kick to close out the UTPB game. That changed the course for both teams.
                              2) The week after giving up the game winning TD with 2 seconds left against Western Oregon.

WT has to find a way to close out/win those late games. It happened multiple times in the 2022 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Honestly as I look through the 2023 season there were 2 plays that changed WT's season for the worst.

1) Not recovering the onside kick to close out the UTPB game. That changed the course for both teams.
                                2) The week after giving up the game winning TD with 2 seconds left against Western Oregon.

WT has to find a way to close out/win those late games. It happened multiple times in the 2022 season.
                                Coach Lynn's interview 11/6 on gobuffsgo.com alluded to finishing those close games. He said Buffs need to get bigger and more experienced. Said they'd be recruiting everything, but pointed out WR and secondary as specific needs. Said secondary got beat too many times, needed to get faster and more length.

Also said he expected great retention. Next recruiting class will be smaller and (hopefully) talented.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X