Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

The freshman from Wink is Kanon Gibson, whose father coached him in high school and evidently always planned for him to be a QB, considering his first name!
    https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/footbal...n-gibson/12584

Lynn brought 7 players with him from Kearney and has at last count 58 freshman on the roster. It's been a long time since I've been excited about the football team, but I am now.
    How many will be there next year? How many will graduate?

I mean, lol, how much could those poor young nen be getting in scholly $? Books paid for? Haha. What kind of player do you get for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I mean, lol, how much could those poor young nen be getting in scholly $? Books paid for? Haha. What kind of player do you get for that?
      Probably just some coupons for Big Texan.

Comment

Truth in that but it is a step in a positive direction.

Its a huge step from November when the team quit on the coach and all the players were running for the hills to the transfer portal.

Comment

Lynn's retention rate, team gpa and graduation rate at his prior two stops was really good. Time will tell.

Comment

How much could those poor young nen be getting in scholly $? Books paid for? Haha. What kind of player do you get for that?
            Maybe they are there just to play football. Odds are UT and Oklahoma wouldn't have them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Truth in that but it is a step in a positive direction.

Its a huge step from November when the team quit on the coach and all the players were running for the hills to the transfer portal.
              Yeah, and it still took the AD over a week to fire Hughes.

I wonder how he's doing trying to fill our open date this season? Maybe he'll have something by Thanksgiving.

Comment

I wonder how he's doing trying to fill our open date this season? Maybe he'll have something by Thanksgiving.
                Ever wonder how hard it is to do that on a one time basis in the middle of the season. There is no way you can give the other guys a rematch since you have to play SRSU in that spot next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Ever wonder how hard it is to do that on a one time basis in the middle of the season. There is no way you can give the other guys a rematch since you have to play SRSU in that spot next year.
                  It's evidently too hard for our AD. ;)

Comment

It's evidently too hard for our AD. ;)
                    Last time I checked five LSC teams could not fill that spot. Guess half the ADs at football schools are incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post

Lynn's retention rate, team gpa and graduation rate at his prior two stops was really good. Time will tell.
                      So how many of these 50+ freshman wil be retained, in your opinion?

Comment

Maybe they are there just to play football. Odds are UT and Oklahoma wouldn't have them.
                        So they are just a step under top D1 prospects??

Or maybe Angelo, MSU-Texas, UTPB, TAMUK, ENMU, etc wouldn't either?

Comment

So they are just a step under top D1 prospects??

Or maybe Angelo, MSU-Texas, UTPB, TAMUK, ENMU, etc wouldn't either?
                          It depends on the size of the step.

Maybe Angelo passed on some of them. They only have 36 freshmen on the roster. How many of those will be there next year?

Comment

It depends on the size of the step.

Maybe Angelo passed on some of them. They only have 36 freshmen on the roster. How many of those will be there next year?
                            Who has 36 freshman?

You stated WT had 58 at last count.

Comment

Who has 36 freshman?

You stated WT had 58 at last count.
                              ANGELO has 36 freshmen.

Comment

Yeah the AD was looking for ANY reason to keep Hughes and that was comical I will give you that.

I give more of a pass not filling the last game of the year. Most of the open dates are schools far east of here and either side probably have no interest in playing a road game if either one had a playoff berth on the line.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X