Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nerve of these WOU fans hijacking a WT thread!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

That's what I was wondering about. 2 years at WT plus 1 at Old Dominion leaves 2 years left (covid year included).
      Wait....he played 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 at WTAMU and 2022 at ODU. How does he have anytime left? The extra year of eligibility moved it from 5 years to 6 years to complete 4 years of playing. Based on stats, he played 3 years at WT and 1 at ODU making it 4 full seasons played, not including COVID year.

I am very confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Wait....he played 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 at WTAMU and 2022 at ODU. How does he have anytime left? The extra year of eligibility moved it from 5 years to 6 years to complete 4 years of playing. Based on stats, he played 3 years at WT and 1 at ODU making it 4 full seasons played, not including COVID year.

I am very confused.
        Pitt had a few guys last year who were here for 6, played 4 full plus a handful of games during covid. I thought that was the max you could do without a medical redshirt.

Comment

Tobias Harris is back in the portal. He claims to have 3 years eligibility left. If he has 3 years left, I assume he never got on the field at Old Dominion last season?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (67).png Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	759101

Are you referencing this tweet because this is actually just a retweet of Alhaji Kamara's tweet, another ODU player. Alhaji is saying he has 3 years eligibility left.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pitt had a few guys last year who were here for 6, played 4 full plus a handful of games during covid. I thought that was the max you could do without a medical redshirt.
            Me too!!! And he has already competed in 4 full seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roaming Buff View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (67).png Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	759101

Are you referencing this tweet because this is actually just a retweet of Alhaji Kamara's tweet, another ODU player. Alhaji is saying he has 3 years eligibility left.
              Ahhhhh. Got it. So, a misunderstanding.
              Last edited by ASUPops; 06-28-2023, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roaming Buff View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot (67).png Views:	0 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	759101

Yep. hat really threw me a curveball on Harris. I should've gone back and researched his time at WT.

Comment

• Buffs add transfer Franky McFadden, 6'5 295 OL, Neb-Kearney transfer. Parker, Co HS. He'll be a sophomore. His HS Hudl highlight video shows him playing center.

Comment

• Its been interesting watching these new staffs (UTPB, WT, and ENMU) go about there recruiting.. Its seems UTPB was hot early and signed a bunch of skill kids, WT seems to be closing well with more of a focus on o-line & d-line play and it seems ENMU has quite found their footing on the Transfer scene or maybe they are not putting an emphasis on them.

Comment

Buffs add transfer Franky McFadden, 6'5 295 OL, Neb-Kearney transfer. Parker, Co HS. He'll be a sophomore. His HS Hudl highlight video shows him playing center.
                      Watched highlights. Decent run blocker. But he NEEDS to be coached up. Terrible mechanics. I am guessing from PW to HS he was just the big kid on the team and that worked for him and his coaches. Doesn't look like anyone really developed him.

With a good deal of coaching and hard work, this young man could be a serious force. Can't wait to see what the WT coaches do with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        Its been interesting watching these new staffs (UTPB, WT, and ENMU) go about there recruiting.. Its seems UTPB was hot early and signed a bunch of skill kids, WT seems to be closing well with more of a focus on o-line & d-line play and it seems ENMU has quite found their footing on the Transfer scene or maybe they are not putting an emphasis on them.
                        I agree. Wanna win in the LSC/D2 take a page out of Angelo's play-book.....win in the trenches.

Comment

I agree. Wanna win in the LSC/D2 take a page out of Angelo's play-book.....win in the trenches.
                          Same as it ever was.

Comment

Against a good opponent, Hughes never won in the trenches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Same as it ever was.
                              Well....back in mid 2000's it was all about passing! You did not need a dominant OL. More relied on skilled positions. Still do for some programs.

Majority of schools were after top skill.players and didn't offer much to OL or DL. That recruiting trend has changed for SOME programs. Others will catch up. Eventually.

Comment

Against a good opponent, Hughes never won in the trenches.
                                Exactly!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X