Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    The Lady Buffs of West Texas A&M kept their trip to Frisco, Texas going for one more day as Zamorye Roberts and Lauren Taylor scored 18 points each to send WT to the Lone Star Conference Championship game with a 63-58 victory over #14 Lubbock Christian at the Comerica Center.

Taylor led the way for the Lady Buffs as the junior went 6-of-9 from the floor including 2-of-3 from deep and 4-of-6 from the free-throw line to tie a team-high with 18 points to go along with seven rebounds, four assists, and two steals. Roberts finished the night going 6-of-14 from the floor and 3-of-7 from behind the arc with 18 points to go along with three boards, two assists, and a steal.

The Lady Buffs finished the night going 21-of-51 (41.2%) including 8-of-18 (44.4%) from deep and 13-of-19 (68.4%) from the free-throw line to go along with 38 rebounds (eight offensive, 30 defensive), 15 assists, 15 turnovers, six blocks, and five steals.

Allie Schulte paced the Lubbock Christian offense as the senior went 4-of-11 from the floor including 1-of-5 from deep and 6-of-7 from the free-throw line for a team-high 15 points to go along with five rebounds, four assists, three steals, and a block. LCU went 18-of-54 (33.3%) from the floor including 5-of-20 (25%) from deep and 17-of-18 (94.4%) from the stripe with 30 rebounds, seven assists, nine turnovers, two blocks, and nine steals.

The Lady Buffs move on to their 23rd appearance in the Lone Star Conference Title Game on Sunday afternoon with tipoff set for 3:30 p.m.
    Now that must be real exciting for WT WBB fans! Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Commerce with a 6 point win over UT Tyler advances to LSC final and locks in regional hosting duties for the big dance. I am very glad our last game in the LSC is against WT for the title.
      Don't see how Commerce would host over WT if WT wins tomorrow. WT would have 2 head to head wins over Commerce with regular season championship and tournament championship in pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Don't see how Commerce would host over WT if WT wins tomorrow. WT would have 2 head to head wins over Commerce with regular season championship and tournament championship in pocket.
        Last edited by WT&TTECHfan; 03-06-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Here is the selection criteria:
          • DII in-region winning percentage
          • Overall DII winning percentage
          • Strength of schedule against DII programs
          • Head-to-head wins and losses against DII programs
          • Results against common DII opponents
          • In-region RPI
          • Performance indicator
          • Record vs. ranked teams

Comment

• In-region RPI
            • Performance indicator
            Wt did not have a good pre-season record against nationally-ranked DII opponents.
            The rest of the criteria were good, Wt's coach, Josh Prock, is on the selection committee.
            That does not mean Wt will get any special consideration, we just will not get the shaft.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• In-region RPI
              • Performance indicator
              Here's the deal. Commerce played awful GAC, RMAC and MIAA teams non conference. Only team that was good was Pueblo.

WT played nationally ranked teams and most of their non conference games were against regionally ranked D2 teams all over the country.

I think the records would be flipped around if each team played the other ones schedule.

I stand by my comment. Winning the 3 combinations (head to head, regular season championship, tournament championship) means WT should host.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Now that must be really exciting for WT WBB fans! Congrats.
                Thanks, it's a lot of fun. This year has been rewarding to watch the team grow together.

I would urge ASU fans to support Alesha Ellis. I know her personally. She is a class act and a winner.
                ASU simply did not have the talent level the top 3 teams have. However, she got the most out of the
                talent she had. Finishing 4th and beating the defending national champs is an indication of what is to come.
                With Commerce going D1, ASU & Wt will be the teams to beat in the LSC.

Comment

Here's the deal. Commerce played awful GAC, RMAC and MIAA teams non conference. Only team that was good was Pueblo.

WT played nationally ranked teams and most of their non conference games were against regionally ranked D2 teams all over the country.

I think the records would be flipped around if each team played the other ones schedule.

I stand by my comment. Winning the 3 combinations (head to head, regular season championship, tournament championship) means WT should host.
                  I really wish you were right. All regular-season championship and tournament championship helps is SOS, which is already good. Commerce will be hard to beat.
                  Wt was fortunate to play them at home and coming off of Covid protocol. Wt will need to play its best game of the year to win.

Comment

Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 03-06-2022, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Yeah and 75% of those losses are against strong non conference competition.

WT played ferris state level non conference competition. Commerce played mostly Simon Frazier type competition.

Switch the schedules and each side probably has equal overall records.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah and 75% of those losses are against strong non conference competition.

WT played ferris state level non conference competition. Commerce played mostly Simon Frazier type competition.

Switch the schedules and each side probably has equal overall records.
                        Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 03-06-2022, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Maybe, but it is what it is. Looking forward to a good game coming up!
                          Yes sir. Commerce wins it's all a moot point.

Comment

• Just putting this here.

Commerce non conference teams combined record is 63-129, WT's non conference teams combined record is 202-119.

Comment

• Comment

• WT wins with 2 free throws at the end 67-66 to win the LSC tournament. Giving up 3 offensive rebounds that led to 7 points the last few minutes I thought was going to be their doom.

Head to Head record over Commerce: 2-0,
                                Regular Season and Tournament Champs.
                                Light years better non conference SOS.

Send that regional tournament to Canyon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X