Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Stadium Rankings

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Forget to mention this yesterday but after attending the game at Augustana, it reminded me why Augustana has the best stadium in the NSIC! What a fine facility! Only improvements it needs is a new turf field (looks chewed up) and some (D***) lights!!!
    Season 10, it's probably due for new "tires"...get it?
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 09-10-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Forget to mention this yesterday but after attending the game at Augustana, it reminded me why Augustana has the best stadium in the NSIC! What a fine facility! Only improvements it needs is a new turf field (looks chewed up) and some (D***) lights!!!
      Lights aren't going to happen there. That was one of the agreements they made with the nursing home across the street.

Comment

Lights will never happen. Across Street to south a nursing home and houses to the west. An agreement was forged with neighborhood before stadium was built.

Comment

Here's a twist on the question....

What's your ranking of the drive-by factor of the stadiums? For example, the bowl effect Augie has is probably cool when you're in the stadium, but the view of the stadium when driving down Grange seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            Lights will never happen. Across Street to south a nursing home and houses to the west. An agreement was forged with neighborhood before stadium was built.
            I know there was an agreement but sure would be nice! Do you think this becomes an issue should auggie ever move up to D1 that includes football?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
              Here's a twist on the question....

What's your ranking of the drive-by factor of the stadiums? For example, the bowl effect Augie has is probably cool when you're in the stadium, but the view of the stadium when driving down Grange seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

I'd agree with this for sure, even though the bleachers are on the dated side.

Comment

I'd agree with this for sure, even though the bleachers are on the dated side.
                  Everything about Blakeslee is on the dated side...

Comment

Everything about Blakeslee is on the dated side...
                    Among other things- the safety issues are the most important. It needs railings- and the concrete is too close to the field. The press box- well, that is subject to a whole new thread.

Comment

• Re: NSIC Stadium Rankings

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                      Season 10, it's probably do for new "tires"...get it?
                      LOL

Comment

This is the same reason that the Winona State sound system sucks..is because the neighbors complained about it!

Comment

Had to bump this up because of the discussions some have had over on the General forum.

The more I look at it, the more I would place Upper Iowa's stadium in the top 3 minimum. To me, it has almost everything. Some things may be built on a smaller scale because the needs aren't as great in a community like Fayette, but the more I look at it from a distance the more I think they have almost all you could ask for. I love the walkway around the entire field, I love the plaza and the patio areas look cool too.

Comment

Had to bump this up because of the discussions some have had over on the General forum.

The more I look at it, the more I would place Upper Iowa's stadium in the top 3 minimum. To me, it has almost everything. Some things may be built on a smaller scale because the needs aren't as great in a community like Fayette, but the more I look at it from a distance the more I think they have almost all you could ask for. I love the walkway around the entire field, I love the plaza and the patio areas look cool too.

Comment

One has look back 10 years to appreciate progress in stadiums.

Augie. From Howard Wood to beautiful KO.
                              BSU. Lots of work done
                              Duluth. Big re-do Press box I believe.
                              Minot. Major enhancements.
                              Northern. beautiful new stadium on the way
                              SMSU. Great new stadium.
                              UIU. Wow nice atmosphere.
                              USF. New stadium, around a dozen years ago.
                              Wayne. Major work done in phases.

Hope I'm not forgetting anybody. Someday that little purple and gold cracker box will be gone at MSU.
                              In looking at pictures of the UIU stadium, I wanted to see what it was like before the upgrade. Yup, major improvement.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comment

UIU really improved the visitor side too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X