Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UST

Thoughts....Augie leaves...Saint Thomas joins?

Re: UST

Originally posted by JackHandy View Post
    Thoughts....Augie leaves...Saint Thomas joins?
    I don't think that St Thomas will get kicked out of the MIAC. Lots of blowback towards the bottom feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      I don't think that St Thomas will get kicked out of the MIAC. Lots of blowback towards the bottom feeders.
      I'm around 60% sure in my belief that they get booted. When I found out about this a couple weeks ago it didn't really surprise me at all. UST has always been the conference bully for the most part, them getting good at football 10 years ago most likely pushed people over the edge. And if they don't get the boot I imagine they will go for 100 in some of their games.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
        I'm around 60% sure in my belief that they get booted. When I found out about this a couple weeks ago it didn't really surprise me at all. UST has always been the conference bully for the most part, them getting good at football 10 years ago most likely pushed people over the edge. And if they don't get the boot I imagine they will go for 100 in some of their games.
        Caruso is a dick, but so was Gags. Going for two up by about 80. Will St John's be next if the Tommies get canned?

Comment

Caruso is a dick, but so was Gags. Going for two up by about 80. Will St John's be next if the Tommies get canned?
          That would probably by the next step. Although to me that's not as likely since SJU isn't as dominate across all sports as UST is but football seems to be the driving factor in all of this. Have a very strong feeling SJU is against this for rivalry reasons and for potentially being the next victim.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
            That would probably by the next step. Although to me that's not as likely since SJU isn't as dominate across all sports as UST is but football seems to be the driving factor in all of this. Have a very strong feeling SJU is against this for rivalry reasons and for potentially being the next victim.
            Have you read Reusse's tweets and columns about this? He is really ripping into the MIAC.

Comment

This is my 1st 2 cents into the UST thing. Why would a wealthy large school want to remain in the MIAC if they are so dominate?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                This is my 1st 2 cents into the UST thing. Why would a wealthy large school want to remain in the MIAC if they are so dominate?
                I've had several student-athletes who played football at UST- went to watch them in the playoffs. Several factors- tradition, rivalries- with St John's being the biggest one, being the top dog, not much travel. They have many advantages- location, a huge endowment and WCCO radio. There is a group who has wanted to go D1 (note- they don't want to be D2) for decades- and then you have the traditionalists. UST has never won the D3 crown in football- their best was runner up. Now that St John's has rebounded to the top spot it will be interesting to see what the next step is.

Comment

I've had several student-athletes who played football at UST- went to watch them in the playoffs. Several factors- tradition, rivalries- with St John's being the biggest one, being the top dog, not much travel. They have many advantages- location, a huge endowment and WCCO radio. There is a group who has wanted to go D1 (note- they don't want to be D2) for decades- and then you have the traditionalists. UST has never won the D3 crown in football- their best was runner up. Now that St John's has rebounded to the top spot it will be interesting to see what the next step is.

Comment

Star Tribune article I read said D3 aren't allowed to go straight to D1 anymore and instead they would have to spend as many as 12 years in D2 first. That's a lot of time to restructure & reassess the situation.

Comment

Star Trib article on Augsburg emails that make it look like the decision has already been made about kicking out the Tommies.

http://www.startribune.com/augsburg-...iac/509752432/

Comment

You are correct. Travel will always be the BIGGEST problem at any level below D-I. Trips like Minot to UIU, or vice versa :smile-big:, is a prime NSIC example. I attended a BHSU @ Dixie State a season or two ago. That's a prime example in the RMAC, imo. Very tough on the players.

Comment

Star Trib article on Augsburg emails that make it look like the decision has already been made about kicking out the Tommies.

http://www.startribune.com/augsburg-...iac/509752432/
                          I think the NSIC announcement can't be far behind if the decision is already made to boot from the MIAC...maybe St. John's would look up too?

Comment

Here's a really good look into the situation: https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2019...may-yet-still/

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                              Here's a really good look into the situation: https://www.minnpost.com/sports/2019...may-yet-still/
                              D3 independent for football and UMAC or D2 NSIC sounds like only option

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X