Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    So, basically...thia shows us how close our top four really are to be fully capable of making the move correct?
    I don't think it's that close or simple. My guess is that D1 athletics has other costs that would have to be considered.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: UST

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      Western Illinois is not doing fine.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...304-story.html

They have considered but rejected reclassifying to Division II.

Like zimmy said, SDSU is a more appropriate target, especially since it's the same area.
      Upon further review, I see they are struggling to compete now. Wow, I've always thought of them as competitive and no one ever is ripping on them on radio but looking through this year alone they had a bad year in every sport.

That said, despite having less funding, both Augie and Manakato already have the talent to beat WIU and finish high in the Summit in various sports, the question would be improving football funding to move up towards USD for starters. Get to that point and it is more than do able (with football included for the MVFC I mean)

Anyways, I got us off topic, back at it.
      Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 05-16-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        That said, despite having less funding, both Augie and Manakato already have the talent to beat WIU and finish high in the Summit in various sports.
        There are a lot of D2 schools that could do that, so I'm not doubting you at all. The key is just finding the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          Chicago st. is the school in Illinois that really needs to move down to D2.

Question, is it possible for a university to move straight down from D1 to D3?
          Centenary did. We were just talking about them at the regional game at Augie today. They had been the smallest school in D1 and didn't have football.

Comment

I think that Birmingham Southern did the same thing- directly from D1 to D3. They were D1 for three years then dropped down in 2006.

Savannah State will be in D2 next year, dropping down from D1. It isn't all roses.

Comment

Comment

This is incorrect and would be a horrible move. It's harder to reclassify from the NAIA to the NCAA than it is within the NCAA itself. The process is 12 years no matter what. They'd have to go D2 first.

Comment

This is incorrect and would be a horrible move. It's harder to reclassify from the NAIA to the NCAA than it is within the NCAA itself. The process is 12 years no matter what. They'd have to go D2 first.
                  Well then... it appears that UST is in a very tough spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                    Well then... it appears that UST is in a very tough spot.
                    Yeah, what D2 conference would have them if they only plan to move on/up ASAP?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
                      Yeah, what D2 conference would have them if they only plan to move on/up ASAP?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                      GNAC! Lol just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                        GNAC! Lol just kidding
                        Hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                          GNAC! Lol just kidding
                          I stand corrected.

Comment

Hilarious
                            Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
                            I stand corrected.
                            Think St. Thomas would like a round robin schedule out west? It would be closer for schools than LSC school for sure lol

Comment

This.

NAIA would be a really dumb move. The other thing that has to be considered here- faculty. I know that the Augie faculty is worried about "maintaining their standards" in a D1 move (yes, mostly concerned about football). The NAIA academic standards are not as stringent as NCAA ones. You would get a lot of resistance going that direction.

Comment

Yes, they should move on up to the North Star! They need another member or six...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X