Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UST

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    They are so good that they got kicked out for being too good. Got kicked out of a conference as a founding member. That's hard to do and very large bragging rights. If I was Coach Caruso, I'm using this in my recruiting. Also, any player that wants a touchdown next year, will get a touchdown next year.
    Absolutely

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Comment

• Comment

The WIAC would be their best option. That would be by far the best conference in the country.

Comment

If they do go D-II, they would not have to wait to go D-I in hockey. The NCAA does not sponsor a D-II Championship, so as long as their schedule met D-I requirements (I believe it is 30 D-I games), they would be eligible for the D-I tournament even if they did not classify themselves as D-I for hockey.
              Millsy

Comment

Both Around The Horn and PTI addressed this on TV today. Consensus of opinion was, "Strap on a pair and get better yourselves." Have to agree the whole scenario is a travesty. A "millennial thing" to quote one reporter.

Comment

It made ATH and PTI... damn this a bigger deal then anyone could imagine.

Comment

• Comment

No. Too much arrogance involved to admit that they made a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post
                        If they do go D-II, they would not have to wait to go D-I in hockey. The NCAA does not sponsor a D-II Championship, so as long as their schedule met D-I requirements (I believe it is 30 D-I games), they would be eligible for the D-I tournament even if they did not classify themselves as D-I for hockey.
                        From what I hear that is their biggest hang up for going DII. Too expensive to move hockey to DI.

Comment

Maybe an option for Augie if Summit League says no thanks. Denny Sanford could sprinkle some of that medical money at the DIII level. Welcome Tommies. Thanks for the memories Vikings.

Comment

Comment

They could put the mens hockey team in ACHA DI. But fully fund it as a varsity sport like some schools do. It would be more travel than D3 but that's about it. Im more curious what would happen to the mens swimming, tennis, and soccer teams. NSISC and GLIAC maybe? I think at least one would be cut, which would leave space for the return of wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                From what I hear that is their biggest hang up for going DII. Too expensive to move hockey to DI.
                                But they wouldn't have to "fully" go D-I in hockey. They could stay classified as a D-II hockey school, but since D-II doesn't have a championship, if they played at least 30 D-I games, they would be eligible for consideration for the D-I tournament. There are a couple of D-II schools out east that do this in Women's Hockey. There is also a D-II hockey league out east for the men, but they play an insular schedule and don't get the required games in to be considered for the D-I tournament.

IIRC from when BSU was D-II in hockey, and if everything is still the same, D-II classified schools can offer up to 12 full athletic scholarships, where D-I can offer 18. And as we all know, there are other "creative" ways of getting student athletes money for schooling.

Now granted, it would be hard to put a 30 game D-I schedule together without being in a conference. Arizona State is the only independent school out there right now, but they were successful enough last season to make the NCAA Tournament. So it can be done. But they also went close to a month between their last regular season game and their NCAA game since everyone else was in conference play and conference playoffs.
                                Millsy

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X