• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UST

Should start this debate on the OT.

Comment

Good points, and I tend to agree with you. The amount of student loan debt that so many have is astounding.

Comment

Now we know who you are, Mike Gundy! :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
          Link worked this time, thanks! My gut feeling is that they join the WIAC.
          In the short term it makes the most sense. Hard to say what their long term plans really are.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            In the short term it makes the most sense. Hard to say what their long term plans really are.
            I could see the push for a D1 waiver

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Now we know who you are, Mike Gundy! :laugh:
              Mullet and all!

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                I could see the push for a D1 waiver
                Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Huh?
                  If the NCAA has a hardship waiver to bypass D2 I could see UST using that

Comment

If the NCAA has a hardship waiver to bypass D2 I could see UST using that
                    There is no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      There is no such thing.
                      Good. Someone brought it up somewhere that they would apply for a waiver to go straight to D1. I think that's a joke personally, but if there was such a thing I suppose they would fit the bill

Comment

Good. Someone brought it up somewhere that they would apply for a waiver to go straight to D1. I think that's a joke personally, but if there was such a thing I suppose they would fit the bill
                        Where was that? On the Tribune's site I saw misconception after misconception. It was really ridiculous.

The rule is only a year or so old. They're not going to waive the rule when it's so new.

Comment

I believe miac952 at D3Boards was the first to mention the idea:

The "involuntary" language here is important. My understanding is UST, and a team of well payed lawyers, are working with the NCAA to go directly the DI route vs. stopping for the 5 year cup of coffee in DII; due the forced nature of the departure. There is not much precedence for this exemption but the NCAA has brought greater flexibility recently, and UST knows a guy with some clout in the main office now in McDonough. Oh the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            I believe miac952 at D3Boards was the first to mention the idea:
                            Wow... That is a quite the statement. Would UST apply for the Summit League or go for something better like the Big East an almost all catholic league where they would be a great fit. UST has the finances, students and location to be attractive to many leagues. Would have to believe they are thinking bigger then the WIAC.

Comment

St. Thomas has the option of staying in its current D-III conference for the next two school years. My guess is that the Tommies won't be in a hurry to leave. Finding the "right" solution will take time.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                                Wow... That is a quite the statement. Would UST apply for the Summit League or go for something better like the Big East an almost all catholic league where they would be a great fit. UST has the finances, students and location to be attractive to many leagues. Would have to believe they are thinking bigger then the WIAC.
                                Super interesting if that takes place. I can't see the Big East even considering UST based on the fact that their brand is way to large to consider a D3 school. But who knows. Summit or Horizon seem like the best bets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X