• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Interestingly, so is Augie...

Augustana University
    2001 S Summit Ave
    Sioux Falls, SD 57197
    Interestingly, so is Rice Companies...(whatever that is)

Rice Companies, Inc.
    901 Summit Avenue
    Mankato, MN 56001

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The University of Minnesota has about as much say in what St. Thomas does as the University of Phoenix.
      Bravo!

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Interestingly, so is Rice Companies...(whatever that is)

Rice Companies, Inc.
        901 Summit Avenue
        Mankato, MN 56001
        Rice University to the Summit League! (They would probably stil suck)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Interestingly, so is Augie...

Augustana University
          2001 S Summit Ave
          Sioux Falls, SD 57197
          This seems like something out of the Twilight Zone. I can just hear Rod Serling do his intro "You have just entered the Summit League."

Comment

• Lookinh at it, UST could feasibly build up their stadium to be about the same size as UMHB's, but with more endzone seating.
            Last edited by Supercal95; 10-05-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• The Star-Tribune's Pat Reusse writes about UST.

http://www.startribune.com/move-to-d...ity/562294522/

Comment

• Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                Lookinh at it, UST could feasibly build up their stadium to be about the same size as UMHB's, but with more endzone seating.
                Will their attendance really increase that much? The only time they fill the place is when the Johnnies are in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateU View Post

Will their attendance really increase that much? The only time they fill the place is when the Johnnies are in town.
                  D1 sports will pack stands, especially if the gophers are having a rough year.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Average football attendance:
                    Pioneer League 2600.
                    NSIC 2300.

I don't buy the "build it and they will come" argument.

???

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

A game against *checks notes* "Drake" is really that much of a box office hit?

Comment

Average football attendance:
                        Pioneer League 2600.
                        NSIC 2300.

I don't buy the "build it and they will come" argument.

???
                        I get this is exciting, but is anything really going to change after they make the jump? Once people realize the Pioneer League doesn't include Minnesota, Alabama, or Ohio State, are they going to care anymore than they already do?

Attendance will probably drop after the honeymoon period. I can't imagine as many Jacksonville State fans will travel as SJU fans or Gustavus fans would...

That's my opinion I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I get this is exciting, but is anything really going to change after they make the jump? Once people realize the Pioneer League doesn't include Minnesota, Alabama, or Ohio State, are they going to care anymore than they already do?

Attendance will probably drop after the honeymoon period. I can't imagine as many Jacksonville State fans will travel as SJU fans or Gustavus fans would...

That's my opinion I guess.
                          The MVC would be a different story because those fans travel well. IMHO UST's attendance will drop for football and increase for basketball. Their gym only seats 2k, so I could see them making improvements to the gym before they even think about touching the football stadium. Anyway ...SCSU stinks again, so I'd rather talk about UST than NSIC x's and o's :)

Comment

The MVC would be a different story because those fans travel well. IMHO UST's attendance will drop for football and increase for basketball. Their gym only seats 2k, so I could see them making improvements to the gym before they even think about touching the football stadium. Anyway ...SCSU stinks again, so I'd rather talk about UST than NSIC x's and o's :)
                            I agree. SDSU, USD, UND, and NDSU aren't *that* far, especially compared to the Pioneer League teams with only Drake being *close*.

I definitely agree on basketball. They would draw a decent amount more playing in the Summit League.

Comment

Comment

• Private institutions also have a lot less appeal to the general population in comparison to their public counterparts, generally speaking.

Just look at who dominates the FBS in attendance, if you need some proof of concept.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X