Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    The Gophers would easily become my favorite D1 in Minnesota if UST managed to move up. A position they don't hold now, despite being the only D1 in MN currently. Weird, I know.

Anyway, if UST were to hypothetically enter the NSIC for whatever reason, how do you guys think they'd do?
    It depends on if they could keep WCCO radio for football. That and being in the Twin Cities would be a big advantage in all sports. Name recognition. I don't think that they would have a problem finishing in the top half of the conference in most sports.

Comment

The Gophers would easily become my favorite D1 in Minnesota if UST managed to move up. A position they don't hold now, despite being the only D1 in MN currently. Weird, I know.

Anyway, if UST were to hypothetically enter the NSIC for whatever reason, how do you guys think they'd do?
      That much of a Tommie hater?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

That much of a Tommie hater?
        That's one way to put it I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

It depends on if they could keep WCCO radio for football. That and being in the Twin Cities would be a big advantage in all sports. Name recognition. I don't think that they would have a problem finishing in the top half of the conference in most sports.
          That's an interesting point. I forgot they were on WCCO.

You'd think that moving up to D2 would be more enticing for them given a higher level of competition, but I can see how the lack of rivalries with other Metro colleges would make the product not as interesting.

Comment

Haven't you been to St. John's? Wonderful place to see a game or take a class. Walk around the lake to Stella Maris Chapel- it is worth the time.

https://www.csbsju.edu/outdooru/abou...ns/chapeltrail
            SJU and UST have totally different feels. Best place to see or play football - SJU. My two favorite campuses in the state
            THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

Comment

Haven't you been to St. John's? Wonderful place to see a game or take a class. Walk around the lake to Stella Maris Chapel- it is worth the time.

https://www.csbsju.edu/outdooru/abou...ns/chapeltrail
                Nope never been to St John's. A shame that I never made a Tommie-Johnnie at that stadium. The best looking campus in the country, in my opinion, is Sewanee: The University of the South. https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...th-3534/photos

We actually have a really nice campus.

Comment

• Interesting.

Don't they have a solid volleyball program as well? I recall seeing somewhere they made it to the finals a few years ago.

Comment

Interesting.

Don't they have a solid volleyball program as well? I recall seeing somewhere they made it to the finals a few years ago.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Twincitiesmav;n430962]

Comment

• I only really knew of their football dominance.

Bummer about the hockey team I guess. I'd love to have another D1 in the state for that sport.

Comment

It is my understanding that St. Thomas pays WCCO to broadcast their games not the other way around.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WSUWarriorFan;n431045]That loss should not have happened obviously. Winona had it won if not for a very questionable foul call at the buzzer. But who knows; may have been the impetus for winning the rest of them. I do not recall St. Thomas beating WSU since that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

It is my understanding that St. Thomas pays WCCO to broadcast their games not the other way around.
                              Oh for sure they do. They are only on because CCO dropped the Gophers. I think that their listening audience went way up when the Twins returned. If the Gophs ever go back to CCO that would take care of the Tommies.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/StribSports/stat...460728320?s=19

It's happening.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X