Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I wonder if any of this has some connections to the impending implosion of the nWCHA...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: UST

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
        I wonder if any of this has some connections to the impending implosion of the nWCHA...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP CSP athletics for about a decade if UST does move to the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
            RIP CSP athletics for about a decade if UST does move to the NSIC.
            UST has the second most desirable college brand in the TC Metro, yeah, it's going to sting!

Comment

With all of the hirings, it's looking like the they are preparing for a straight to D1 move. Hopefully they get the waiver. Football probably goes to the Pioneer because of facilities and lack of time, plus due to T9 I imagine they want to keep the mens olympic sports if possible. The Summit is looking for members and has all of the olympic sports which UST currently offers.

In the PFL, the only way to make the playoffs is getting the autobid. Maybe they can still play St Johns non-con?

Hockey is the kicker. The western college hockey world is in turmoil right now with Alaska and the WCHA breakup part 2. I think they should renovate Warner but idk. At least its something to follow during what would otherwise be slow news for college sports.
              Last edited by Supercal95; 08-08-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                With all of the hirings, it's looking like the they are preparing for a straight to D1 move. Hopefully they get the waiver. Football probably goes to the Pioneer because of facilities and lack of time, plus due to T9 I imagine they want to keep the mens olympic sports if possible. The Summit is looking for members and has all of the olympic sports which UST currently offers.

In the PFL, the only way to make the playoffs is getting the autobid. Maybe they can still play St Johns non-con?

Hockey is the kicker. The western college hockey world is in turmoil right now with Alaska and the WCHA breakup part 2. I think they should renovate Warner but idk. At least its something to follow during what would otherwise be slow news for college sports.
                Can't remember where I saw it, or even if there was a link tied to it, but someone mentioned that St. Thomas is kicking around the idea of building a new ice rink, mentioning 6000 seats. I did a quick Google search and came up with nothing, though.

EDIT: I found the message board it was on, but it looks like it appeared in a Charley Walters column in the Pioneer Press:

"Sources in the UST athletics office note that recent AD and Associate AD hires have experience in two areas. Fundraising for the expansion D1 hockey and utilizing eminent domain law to seize assets for stadium infrastructure. The rumblings are UST has identified a residential area adjacent to or near campus that is owned exclusively by several SJU alumni. The plan appears to be to seize these assets and build a hockey arena and parking."
                Last edited by Millsy; 08-08-2019, 03:06 PM.
                Millsy

Comment

Yeah, that would definitely not be a good look. That sounds like something mentioned as a joke. They are a private school so not sure how it would work, anyway.

Comment

• UST goes down this past weekend.
                    EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (Blugolds.com) � The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire football team knocked off the 6th ranked University of St. Thomas Tommies 21-19 at Carson Park on Saturday evening.

Comment

• Comment

• If UST could make the jump to D1 and land in teh PFL, I would be all for it. The loss to Wisconsin-Eau Claire does not worry me. I remember NDSU had a few years just prior to thier jump where SCSU beat them pretty convincingly. I expect UST would do fin in the PFL and it would be a good moe it it could happen. As for my bio - I have always been a SJU fan (growing up in Stearns County), loved my days at SCSU, and have a masters from UST.
                        THE Saint Cloud State University :rolleyes:

Comment

• If they were allowed to go D1. They'd immediately be my favorite D1 school in sports other than hockey lol

Comment

• Possibly best campus in the state. I'm all for umn-tc having some competition. It also breaks the ice a bit where maybe we can move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                              Possibly best campus in the state. I'm all for umn-tc having some competition. It also breaks the ice a bit where maybe we can move up.
                              Haven't you been to St. John's? Wonderful place to see a game or take a class. Walk around the lake to Stella Maris Chapel- it is worth the time.

https://www.csbsju.edu/outdooru/abou...ns/chapeltrail

Comment

• The Gophers would easily become my favorite D1 in Minnesota if UST managed to move up. A position they don't hold now, despite being the only D1 in MN currently. Weird, I know.

Anyway, if UST were to hypothetically enter the NSIC for whatever reason, how do you guys think they'd do?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X