Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    I would think Karst Hunter would be a main target for NSU in recruiting given the fact he's from Miller-SD (90 mins from Aberdeen) and has 2 years left. He's ready made to start and is a 6'4 220lb athletic signal caller. He put up nice numbers at CO Mesa the last two years.
    https://twitter.com/karsthunter7

With Ingram and Dakota Larson returning after a year away....and the way the Wolves played D a year ago....Hunter would change them and make them an immediate top NSIC contender.
    Any chance you think he would want to try FCS again?

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Any chance you think he would want to try FCS again?
      He certainly could..that's based on market demand. Having watched Karst fairly closely in the past, I think he wants to show out and be the starter (for certain) somewhere that also has a real chance to win. Given the last two years in Aberdeen, I think a guy could see they've been close but just haven't finished the year in the closing weeks of the season(s). Karst was part of a 2-loss RMAC squad that didn't make the dance in 2021..and I get the feeling he's got a drive to make the D2 playoffs. I could see a few different schools in the region being a good fit for him..but Northern seems to make the most sense in my eyes. I think FCS gets him further from home and some uncertainty about his role and if he'd start, etc. 100% my take.

Comment

• Will Madler has taken his talents to Dickinson State. That is all

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Will Madler has taken his talents to Dickinson State. That is all
          Just looking at his Twitter I had a feeling that was where he’d be going. Short drive for me and I have family in Dickinson. I might have to catch a few games.

Comment

• In trying to piece together a schedule based on what others have posted it appears NSU will not play Mankato or USF next year. Historically, that would be a good thing for NSU football. However, for 2023 it could be a problem. The buzz around the program is that a push for playoff contention is the goal. Not playing Mankato and USF does provide an easier schedule, but does not give any room for error. I don't know if NSU will be good enough to even be in that conversation, heck I'm not sure they even have their starting QB yet. And don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of very tough games on that schedule. But if that does turn out to be the schedule NSU has next year, Coach Schmidt and crew better make some hay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
              In trying to piece together a schedule based on what others have posted it appears NSU will not play Mankato or USF next year. Historically, that would be a good thing for NSU football. However, for 2023 it could be a problem. The buzz around the program is that a push for playoff contention is the goal. Not playing Mankato and USF does provide an easier schedule, but does not give any room for error. I don't know if NSU will be good enough to even be in that conversation, heck I'm not sure they even have their starting QB yet. And don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of very tough games on that schedule. But if that does turn out to be the schedule NSU has next year, Coach Schmidt and crew better make some hay.
              I'd rather play Northern that have an open date- maybe some people wouldn't, but I would. Looks like Week Zero would be the only chance. I was hoping for Central OK or Saginaw, but it sounds like they turned MSU down.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I'd rather play Northern that have an open date- maybe some people wouldn't, but I would. Looks like Week Zero would be the only chance. I was hoping for Central OK or Saginaw, but it sounds like they turned MSU down.
                I remember AU playing SCSU in the past as a non-conference game in 2008 or 09. Are schools turning down MSU because they don't want a loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I remember AU playing SCSU in the past as a non-conference game in 2008 or 09. Are schools turning down MSU because they don't want a loss?
                  Well............ that could be a factor. I would think that Kevin would be willing to schedule a road game if they could get a return game.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

If that were the case for any school that calls themselves competitive, that would be extremely pathetic.

Comment

• Finlandia announced that they are closing at the end of the school year. With Presentation closing, that drops the UMAC to 6 teams. So that conference will be looking for games.

Comment

Finlandia announced that they are closing at the end of the school year. With Presentation closing, that drops the UMAC to 6 teams. So that conference will be looking for games.
                        Presentation isn't in the UMAC but, the UMAC will be at six without Finlandia and the North Star will be at six without Presentation.

Comment

Presentation isn't in the UMAC but, the UMAC will be at six without Finlandia and the North Star will be at six without Presentation.
                          Oops. Too many schools closing at once. Should have said Finlandia again. Presentation closing leaves the North Star with six football schools. I wonder how long Iowa Wesleyan will stay.

I picked a bad week to start sniffing glue.

Comment

... I picked a bad week to start sniffing glue.
                            I use that reference all the time. People who don't recognize its origin tend to look at me like I'm serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                              I use that reference all the time. People who don't recognize its origin tend to look at me like I'm serious.
                              I was a big Seahunt fan when I was little. And then when he was on Seinfeld as one of the Mendlebaum's. Underrated humor.

Comment

If that were the case for any school that calls themselves competitive, that would be extremely pathetic.
                                Schools get proposed games every year (when having open dates) and plenty get declined by a party who’s not looking to playing a top level opponent in their one open week for a game etc. examples of this would be squads like NWMSU or Valdosta reaching out to multiple schools to play during a mutual bye week..and neither found any takers. They’ll probably both end with an NAIA (VSU has for W1) and NW looks like they are opting for an open week instead of hurting their own resume by playing Lincoln. Maybe they’ll find someone yet, but likely not a D2 unless somehow week 0 works.

Taking an OOC game against a .500 level team or similar is often a much easier decision for squads than taking a real risk of loss against a top 10 kinda squad. This is why it can be hard for teams with a strong history to find OOC games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X