Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

That's what I didn't get. I thought they were in the RMAC. But they weren't ranked higher than Augie at 6-4.
    One of Black Hills' wins was against an NAIA program (Dickinson State) so their D2 record is only 6-3. Of those six wins, only one (South Dakota School of Mines) is against a team with a winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM alum 1993 View Post

One of Black Hills' wins was against an NAIA program (Dickinson State) so their D2 record is only 6-3. Of those six wins, only one (South Dakota School of Mines) is against a team with a winning record.
      Hmm. That changes things. Out of fairness I was of the opinion that if they won they should get in (with how nsic schedules). But with that information you'd have to think USF has a way better chance of getting in over them vs Pueblo. So go Coach Breske and the YellowJackets!

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post

Hmm. That changes things. Out of fairness I was of the opinion that if they won they should get in (with how nsic schedules). But with that information you'd have to think USF has a way better chance of getting in over them vs Pueblo. So go Coach Breske and the YellowJackets!
        And just one more piece of info: BHSU's six wins are against teams with a (current) combined record of 15-43, so even if they beat CSUP (unlikely IMO) it would only raise it to 22-47.

Comment

This game between WSU and MSU is crazy fun. This game has a lot on the line. Division champ, first round home field!! I haven’t seen WSU this year. Anybody have a good scouting report on the Warriors? I know they they have a good D but what type of offense do they have. What are their go to players/plays? Is their QB mobile? I’m lucky to get to go and watch this one. I think it will be rocking in Kato!! I’m guessing this will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and then I see a big play from Kato on special teams. Forecast calls for bigs winds on Saturday. The team that can pound the rock.

Comment

So, for BSU fans this week, we basically have to be Mankato fans as well if the Beavers want a chance at hosting. If I am reading into everything correctly, just on the NSIC side alone:

BSU's SOS will take a hit playing Mary
            Wayne's SOS should take a hit playing Moorhead
            Winona's and Mankato's SOS will benefit from playing each other
            Millsy

Comment

IMO, if Mankato loses, they are still in. They have played 6 games so far, with another this weekend against teams with winning records, and they are currently 4-2. Their SOS only gets bolstered this weekend and will keep them above other teams who may finish with the same record, in the same conference. Further, I'm still not convinced that they won't pass Colorado Mines for the #2 seed if they win. Mines plays an 0-9 team this week while Mankato plays another winning team. It does benefit Mines that their two OOC opponents have a combined 20-0 record, but they played all of the RMAC teams, especially those bottom dwellers. This is the biggest thing I'm interested in for next week (assuming both win).

Winona is only 2-2 so far against teams with winning records, so it's a bit more important for them to win, even though their SOS will get a bump regardless of the outcome.

If CSUP wins, I think they pass Sioux Falls.

While I don't know to what degree the NCAA picks PO teams based on travel cost, they sure look at travel cost for the first round matchups, and sending CSUP 2 hours down the highway to Colorado Mines is a boon for the NCAA and exactly what they want for the first round. This will also make sure NSIC teams play another reasonably close rival, even if another repeat matchup.

If Bemidji and Mines win, this region will have 3 teams coming into the playoffs on at least 9 game winning streaks... that makes for some pretty interesting potential matchups!

Comment

With Wayne sitting at #6 and their SOS to take a hit with a win (presumed) over Moorhead, I don't Wayne moves into the top four and hosting. I'll still take a playoff berth, but it seems WSC is destined to stay in that 5-6-7 range.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                  While I don't know to what degree the NCAA picks PO teams based on travel cost, they sure look at travel cost for the first round matchups, and sending CSUP 2 hours down the highway to Colorado Mines is a boon for the NCAA and exactly what they want for the first round. This will also make sure NSIC teams play another reasonably close rival, even if another repeat matchup.
                  Copying what I posted in the LSC thread:

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  It's quite possible there will be other non-flight options besides a Mines–Pueblo rematch. Wayne State is within 600 miles of Mines, and Pueblo is within 600 miles of Pittsburg State. That said, I checked what would happen with this weeks rankings but substituting Pueblo for USF, and the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option created a flight elsewhere in the bracket because only two road teams (Winona and Truman) were left within 600 miles of any of Bemidji, Mankato, and Ouachita. But if Indianapolis falls out of the bracket and is replaced by Emporia or NWMSU, either of those teams can drive to Mankato or Ouachita, so that puts the Wayne–Mines/Pueblo–Pitt option back on the table.

Comment

Fun week ahead. I had to chuckle a bit with rankings as Winona won 45-7 and dropped 2 spots. I get it is who you played but sort of funny.

Looks like all these warm weekends for football maybe over, look like it will be cold this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                      IMO, if Mankato loses, they are still in. They have played 6 games so far, with another this weekend against teams with winning records, and they are currently 4-2. Their SOS only gets bolstered this weekend and will keep them above other teams who may finish with the same record, in the same conference. Further, I'm still not convinced that they won't pass Colorado Mines for the #2 seed if they win. Mines plays an 0-9 team this week while Mankato plays another winning team. It does benefit Mines that their two OOC opponents have a combined 20-0 record, but they played all of the RMAC teams, especially those bottom dwellers. This is the biggest thing I'm interested in for next week (assuming both win).

Winona is only 2-2 so far against teams with winning records, so it's a bit more important for them to win, even though their SOS will get a bump regardless of the outcome.

If CSUP wins, I think they pass Sioux Falls.

If Bemidji and Mines win, this region will have 3 teams coming into the playoffs on at least 9 game winning streaks... that makes for some pretty interesting potential matchups!
                      Winona is 3-2 against teams with a winning record and they were good wins against Wayne, USF and ASU. The BSU loss doesn't kill them but the NSU loss hurts.

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week...-preview-2022/

Column for the week....RR discussed plenty.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X