• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Karst Hunter has received offers from Midwestern State and Northern, so far
    Black Hills State as well.

He visited Aberdeen this last weekend. Took some glamour shots here as well, apparently..haha

(I think NSU is the leader in the clubhouse right now....but plenty of D2 squads have immediate QB needs, so there might be more recruiting news of him to come yet)

Karst Hunter
    @karsthunter7
    I have received an offer from Northern State.
    @NSUWolves_FB

7:54 PM · Feb 5, 2023·

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Karst Hunter has received offers from Midwestern State and Northern, so far
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-07-2023, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Here is some video of the QB that Winona got from USD via the portal..

Moves well..I could see that adding a dimension to the Warriors, just at quick glance here. That said, I could see them playing a few guys again this year..until maybe one guy really asserts themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhsBoCg0Qk&t=1s

https://goyotes.com/sports/football/...tenstrom/11980

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
    Haven't seen the Warrior list posted here. This is the link:

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...s-to-nlis.aspx

Some intriguing transfers, including two from conference foes.
    Kaleb Skelly must have misunderstood what "if you can't beat them, join them" meant. Haha

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

Warriors stop being so good lol! The NSIC is going to have to deal with you all. Love your 2 QB pickups. Jackson Flottmeyer at 6'5" 220 is a hulk with an arm. Stenstrom the Transfer from USD looks good on tape as well. More of a dual threat, runs very well.
    Last edited by tman28; 02-03-2023, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Agreed, it will be tough to pull in another QB at this point. I liked Walljasper last year and he seemed to really pull it together after the Bemidji game. My fear is if he goes down next year there isn't much behind him. Otherwise I think it looks like a great class and looking forward to the season.
    Isn't it more likely for NSIC schools to add a transfer after spring ball? There are likely several players that will decide to transfer after spring practice, or who may have already decided to jump into the portal, but have been left without a D1 seat when the music stops. I think Northern brought in quite a few of their transfers in late spring/summer last year, including DPOY Ian Marshall. There are many in Aberdeen still hoping a veteran QB will land at NSU when the music stops.

Leave a comment:

• BulldogFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
    There are 2 WR transfers and a DE from NDSU coming in. I really doubt another QB is coming in, yes we will be young, gotta trust the staff I guess
    Agreed, it will be tough to pull in another QB at this point. I liked Walljasper last year and he seemed to really pull it together after the Bemidji game. My fear is if he goes down next year there isn't much behind him. Otherwise I think it looks like a great class and looking forward to the season.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Gunnar Hensley was a 3 star QB in last year's class, so hopefully QB question will be answered this year!
    Anything to save us from another season of Casey Bauman.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post
    Dang it i gotta admit this class looks good. I liked the pickup of Harrisburg SD DL Jack Detert and SF Jefferson TE Sam Siegfried (funny thing his dad was my position coach in hs).

Also the dynamic pair from Queens Creek, AZ. QB Mack Molander might be the best pickup in the NSIC this year. On film you can tell how he got that 3 star ranking. The ball flys out of his hand. Really helps that his star receiver Austin Johnson also signed with Augie. Very smart call by the coaches imo.
    Mack Molander
    6'3"- 210- 4.2 gpa.......484 rush yds
    13-1 record.................11 rush tds
    3066 pass yards.........6.7 yds per carry
    37 pass tds.................5 int
    69% completion
    father his head coach Senior Year Highlights - Mack Molander - Mack Molander highlights - Hudl

Austin Johnston
    6'1"-185 1562 rec yds.
    77 rec. 22 tds
    285 kr yds.
    451 punt rt yds
    All AZ. 1st team End of Season Highlights - Austin Johnston highlights - Hudl

Leave a comment:

• Umdfan35
    replied
    Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

2 QB's added and nobody from the portal. Going to be young at that spot with Walljasper back as a RS Soph and Eggert as a RS Fresh. Maybe they are still trying to grab a 5th?
    There are 2 WR transfers and a DE from NDSU coming in. I really doubt another QB is coming in, yes we will be young, gotta trust the staff I guess

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Gunnar Hensley was a 3 star QB in last year's class, so hopefully QB question will be answered this year!
    I don't want that to end too well for you all lol. Just the truth! I will say this after watching all of the tape i have over the years plus shows like QB1 and Elite 11 camps. You can tell usually tell the difference when it comes to these ranked QBs compared to the unranked. Used to think it was based on level of play with the big states/cities getting more love.

It isn't even necessarily athleticism.... imo its size and arm strength. The 3 stars and above just seem more polished and make all the throws. They throw a great deep ball, can throw into windows; and have zip on it. Gunner fits that description as well.
    Last edited by tman28; 02-02-2023, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AU guy
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post
    Dang it i gotta admit this class looks good. I liked the pickup of Harrisburg SD DL Jack Detert and SF Jefferson TE Sam Siegfried (funny thing his dad was my position coach in hs).

Also the dynamic pair from Queens Creek, AZ. QB Mack Molander might be the best pickup in the NSIC this year. On film you can tell how he got that 3 star ranking. The ball flys out of his hand. Really helps that his star receiver Austin Johnson also signed with Augie. Very smart call by the coaches imo.

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    Article about the Three Pierre Gov kids that committed to USF. Three Govs sign with USF on National Signing Day | Local Sports News | capjournal.com

Leave a comment:

• BulldogFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post
    Stellar class, and lost 2 in the last wk to NDSU. Close to 70% have some type of All State recognition, and almost every WI player was named All State or at all region. I know every team should be happy with their class, but this class has players.
    2 QB's added and nobody from the portal. Going to be young at that spot with Walljasper back as a RS Soph and Eggert as a RS Fresh. Maybe they are still trying to grab a 5th?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X