X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    I know the North Star will have to look for another team or two or look at some merger. 7 conference members is not really ideal. 10 would be better,
    *cough* Crookston *cough*

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Call the UMAC and merge the two, just have to decide between NAIA or D3, minor details, haha
    I feel like D3/NAIA would be less likely to create a megaconference like the NSIC has done. Some of the road trips a merger would create would almost rival Minot to Fayette.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Sad to see it close.

I know the North Star will have to look for another team or two or look at some merger. 7 conference members is not really ideal. 10 would be better,
    Call the UMAC and merge the two, just have to decide between NAIA or D3, minor details, haha

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

PC was open 44 years without athletics, 28 years with athletics and 13-14 years with football...72 years.

I feel awful for the sisters because most of this got out of line of their mission. Hopefully something can be made out of the things left behind. It won't happen but would be really cool for Roncalli to move out that way. They'd have dorms for if they wanted to take in kids from out of town. I don't think it'd ever get big enough for that but still the same amount of space as they have, they are already tied into the Presentation Sisters/Avera and could sell all that old land for housing development.
    Sad to see it close.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

Would have been much better off not adding football. Feel bad for the place on the academic side of things though.
    PC was open 44 years without athletics, 28 years with athletics and 13-14 years with football...72 years.

I feel awful for the sisters because most of this got out of line of their mission. Hopefully something can be made out of the things left behind. It won't happen but would be really cool for Roncalli to move out that way. They'd have dorms for if they wanted to take in kids from out of town. I don't think it'd ever get big enough for that but still the same amount of space as they have, they are already tied into the Presentation Sisters/Avera and could sell all that old land for housing development.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    The "in-region" designation is pretty close to meaningless in football (as it should be, considering how arbitrary the rules are).

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Just off the easternmost point in Minnesota- Isle Royale. And yes, I'd love to see a matchup like that.

Eastern Most Point Of Minnesota - Google Maps
    From the NCAA Regionalization PDF:

Institutions located in Minnesota and Michigan may compete against each other and be considered as contiguous states (those contests count as in-region).

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Aren't Minnesota and Michigan considered "neighboring states" per NCAA regionalization requirements? Mankato vs. Saginaw would actually be in-region (unless things have changed in recent years).
    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...Principles.pdf

Additional Principles:
    #3• Institutions located in Minnesota and Michigan may compete against each other and be considered as contiguous states (those contests count as in-region).

MI and MN actually are contiguous states but the only way to cross the state line is by boat.

Leave a comment:

• WBChargerDad
    replied
    Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

100% Understand wanting to lock in to home and home agreements. Guarantees you have your bye week filled. And maybe the NSIC has already determined that all teams will keep the same bye weeks/schedule for two years. If that the case so be it.
    But if I am one of the teams with the bye in week’s 9 or 10 and the likely hood of me filling that bye, at that point in the season, is not good—- I think I would be screaming screw us one time not two years in a row.
    Multiple ways to handle that, keeping it the same week for a couple years in a row makes scheduling easier unless there is an arrangment between the league offices for specific times, but it's going to be between a bunch of leagues, so that becomes difficuilt. I think long term, have to get to an even number of teams and get non conference games at the beginning of the season.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

Would have been much better off not adding football. Feel bad for the place on the academic side of things though.
    Definitely. Tough situation for the students.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Aren't Minnesota and Michigan considered "neighboring states" per NCAA regionalization requirements? Mankato vs. Saginaw would actually be in-region (unless things have changed in recent years).
    Just off the easternmost point in Minnesota- Isle Royale. And yes, I'd love to see a matchup like that.

Eastern Most Point Of Minnesota - Google Maps

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oof... Guess NSU will be looking for another opponent. ;)

Kinda surprised they operated as long as they did. Schools like that are dropping like flies over the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Some North Star teams will be looking for games............

Announcement - Presentation College
    Oof... Guess NSU will be looking for another opponent. ;)

Kinda surprised they operated as long as they did. Schools like that are dropping like flies over the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I wonder if we might see Jamestown on a schedule this fall...
    On second thought, their one noncon may be reserved for the Paint Bucket game with VCSU...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X