X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
    Per the MIAA and GLVC releases, Lincoln will remain in the MIAA for the 2023 season and transition following the season. Because of that information, the MIAA schools won’t have an open date for the 2023 season.

Tom Rackers
    @tjrackers
    Lincoln will not play an MIAA football schedule this fall. May still play MIAA schools, but as a non-conference game.
    -Tom

Keep in mind the 2024 school year will mean the 2023 football season.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Some news yesterday..

https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ley-state.aspx

https://smsumustangs.com/news/2023/1...alparaiso.aspx

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    https://fbschedules.com/montana-adds...ball-schedule/

Ferris State is getting 175,000 to play Montana next fall. Should be a great watch. Wouldn't mind seeing some NSIC teams taking this road. Would be a cool watch.

Leave a comment:

• Peacockfan
    replied
    Per the MIAA and GLVC releases, Lincoln will remain in the MIAA for the 2023 season and transition following the season. Because of that information, the MIAA schools won’t have an open date for the 2023 season.

Originally posted by Barndog View Post
    Good news for some NSIC members

From Matt W

With Lincoln leaving the MIAA and having that begin for the 2023 football season this opens up that conference just like the NSIC..in similar fashion. I would expect to then see games between the NSIC and the MIAA in-season. Certainly some NSIC teams have already found games.

Leave a comment:

• Barndog
    replied
    Good news for some NSIC members

From Matt W

With Lincoln leaving the MIAA and having that begin for the 2023 football season this opens up that conference just like the NSIC..in similar fashion. I would expect to then see games between the NSIC and the MIAA in-season. Certainly some NSIC teams have already found games.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!
    Well, week 1 is taken with Winona, but I wonder if week 7 is still open?

Saginaw Valley - GLIAC
    SR3
    Week 1
    Week 7

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    We're going to Valpo!
    Leading off with a bang!

Guess I'll book a flight...

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    We're going to Valpo!
    This is great!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    We're going to Valpo!

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Lincoln U is going to the GLVC from the MIAA, which leaves that league with an uneven number of teams. Maybe the NSIC can find some games with the MIAA.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Would this be a Week 0 game? I think that is the best solution for NSIC teams this year especially. We can start a week earlier and take a bye week later in the year. I like this idea.
    That's not an option in D2. This is Thursday of Week 1.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

Would this be a Week 0 game? I think that is the best solution for NSIC teams this year especially. We can start a week earlier and take a bye week later in the year. I like this idea.
    It is Week 1.

Smart of them to go with a Thursday game, given the extra travel

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
    Winona State playing at Saginaw Valley State Aug 31st.

Leave a comment:

• WSUWarriorFan
    replied
    Winona State playing at Saginaw Valley State Aug 31st.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
    I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.
    Never underestimate the power of an OOC game no matter who it is against. lol

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X