X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umdfan35
    replied
    Originally posted by Millsy View Post

And they use it for baseball in the spring, I believe.
    NMU does not have a baseball or softball team, perhaps HS baseball

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Laker be honest. Were you or your ancestors on that team?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Unique dome, lots of wood kept lumberjacks busy. The dome is right on the south shoreline of Lake Superior. When the gales of November come early it would be very cold place without the structure. Yeah, I quoted a 70's song.
    At one time Gordon Lightfoot was paying more alimony than anyone else in Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Unique dome, lots of wood kept lumberjacks busy. The dome is right on the south shoreline of Lake Superior. When the gales of November come early it would be very cold place without the structure. Yeah, I quoted a 70's song.
    And they use it for baseball in the spring, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied

When I see the horny exterior of the dome it makes you think they are trying to protect is from attacks by other domes..er something. It's like a spaceship that is wood once you get inside. Unique, for certain.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    I understand what it is, and of course I'm being a tad sparky in my comment. It looks like something some Swedes built to keep the village warm.
    Not just Swedes, but Terrible Swedes at that!

Terrible Swedes – Andover Historical Society (wordpress.com)

The Terrible Swedes • Coach Ray Hahn • Dr. Ted Kessinger Historical Marker (hmdb.org)

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied

No...way...
    That was too good not to share.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    In case anyone was wondering what the Superior Dome looked like in plaid - here you go:

No...way...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    In case anyone was wondering what the Superior Dome looked like in plaid - here you go:

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    I understand what it is, and of course I'm being a tad sparky in my comment. It looks like something some Swedes built to keep the village warm. The history and being the biggest wooden dome is cool, don't get the wrong because I love history. But, that thing is as good for football as the Corn Palace for hoops. Unusual, but awful. (This from pictures and not actually being at the Superior Dome). I have been to the Corn Palace and that is jot great for hoops at all. Unique, yes.

That said, i just dont like football in dome in general. Just my opinion though

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

The Superior Dome. In 2011 I missed out on watching MSU play there to open the season because we had a workshop day (Thursday) before school started. Instead I went to watch Washburn beat USF who hadn't come into the NSIC yet. Too bad that I wasn't able to go.

Superior Dome - Wikipedia
    I rode my motorcycle right by that thing in 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

Well, that made me do a Google search...oof. What in the world is that thing? Haha
    FWIW... it's wooden. I think I've read that it's the largest wooden dome.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Well, that made me do a Google search...oof. What in the world is that thing? Haha
    The Superior Dome. In 2011 I missed out on watching MSU play there to open the season because we had a workshop day (Thursday) before school started. Instead I went to watch Washburn beat USF who hadn't come into the NSIC yet. Too bad that I wasn't able to go.

Superior Dome - Wikipedia

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

At least that game would be indoors for the last week of the season.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X