X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrMustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Peacockfan View Post
    I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.
    I wish SMSU would just play Upper Iowa in NC every year. Has been a fun rivalry with lots of great games. Not too far away and the home and home would work well . And we played then the 2 years before they joined the NSIC in NC games so it would make sense to start that up again .

But alas that won't work given when our bye week is. Has it been week 1, I bet it would have been a great fit

Leave a comment:

• Peacockfan
    replied
    I’d be disappointed if Upper Iowa schedules a NSIC team for a non conference game. This is an opportunity for Upper Iowa to build excitement around the program by playing teams we have never played before and if you schedule an NSIC team it just feels like “oh, we’re playing them again.” Also, speaking for the NSIC teams, you finally have the opportunity to play a non conference game and you schedule a team that was in the conference last year? That would be disappointing. However, I do understand the short time to schedule and logistics so I would get it if they did play, but disappointed nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Week 8? That's unexpected for the GSC... unless they've got a scheduling alliance with Chowan?
    Week 8 would be too early for the SEC to schedule them- I think they play FCS teams in Week 10...........

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Found this on FootballScoop if someone wants to travel

West Alabama (D-II): The University of West Alabama is looking for opponents for 2023 week 1 (9/2) and week 8 (10/21) with 2024 dates open week 2 and week 10.
    Week 8? That's unexpected for the GSC... unless they've got a scheduling alliance with Chowan?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Found this on FootballScoop if someone wants to travel

West Alabama (D-II): The University of West Alabama is looking for opponents for 2023 week 1 (9/2) and week 8 (10/21) with 2024 dates open week 2 and week 10.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeFBGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

100% Understand wanting to lock in to home and home agreements. Guarantees you have your bye week filled. And maybe the NSIC has already determined that all teams will keep the same bye weeks/schedule for two years. If that the case so be it.
    But if I am one of the teams with the bye in week’s 9 or 10 and the likely hood of me filling that bye, at that point in the season, is not good—- I think I would be screaming screw us one time not two years in a row.
    I agree…the reasons to have the schedule for a couple of years makes sense, but I don’t see that happening due to the open weeks stretching so far into the season. If some schools have a good opportunity to schedule back to back non conference games while other schools might not find one, I think that will be a huge issue. I think teams won’t like it this year, but the sudden departure of UIU left everyone scrambling. Hopefully going forward they can adjust things

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I wonder if the bubble could be taken down and sold to help the Sisters with any debt they have accumulated..
    The sisters will be just fine, it's the college. They sell off things for sure and maybe parcel off some land if needed for the two dorms. The main structure will stay unless they move out of there into something else. It's a very sad deal

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

There is still room near the football stadium which I've been told will be an indoor practice facility, but later was told baseball stadium, so who knows. Along with that, I have bee. Told in the past that the NSU foundation owns a lot of property around campus and just rents it out. This allows for a revenue stream until more expansion is needed.

I think the next hope for room is if Aberdeen builds a new elementary towards the new high school ever, then the one right next to campus would come done and Northern would buy the lot. Campus has become fairly good size now but is land locked for the mean time. I don't see any way or reason Northern would want or need any of the property up from PC. If they had plans of outdoor track and baseball, then maybe I could see some of the land but that doesn't seem logical at this time.

someone will convert both dorms into apartments, no idea about the bubble and turf. I very much think they should look into a two year school but that also seems unlikely.
    I wonder if the bubble could be taken down and sold to help the Sisters with any debt they have accumulated..

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post

So where does that nice dome practice facility they have go? Another one for Northern? Big opportunity to grow with the land or not?
    There is still room near the football stadium which I've been told will be an indoor practice facility, but later was told baseball stadium, so who knows. Along with that, I have bee. Told in the past that the NSU foundation owns a lot of property around campus and just rents it out. This allows for a revenue stream until more expansion is needed.

I think the next hope for room is if Aberdeen builds a new elementary towards the new high school ever, then the one right next to campus would come done and Northern would buy the lot. Campus has become fairly good size now but is land locked for the mean time. I don't see any way or reason Northern would want or need any of the property up from PC. If they had plans of outdoor track and baseball, then maybe I could see some of the land but that doesn't seem logical at this time.

someone will convert both dorms into apartments, no idea about the bubble and turf. I very much think they should look into a two year school but that also seems unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by tman28 View Post

So where does that nice dome practice facility they have go? Another one for Northern? Big opportunity to grow with the land or not?
    Not sure, though I was thinking about that. Northern's campus is pretty tight as it is, might make a nice expansion for them - though I'm sure the money and logistical issues might prevent them from doing so. Operating two-full residential campuses in the same town might cause them some issues.

Will be interested to see what happens to the buildings. Might make for a nice community college as I don't believe there is one in that corner of the state.

Leave a comment:

• tman28
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oof... Guess NSU will be looking for another opponent. ;)

Kinda surprised they operated as long as they did. Schools like that are dropping like flies over the last few years.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    The "in-region" designation is pretty close to meaningless in football (as it should be, considering how arbitrary the rules are).
    Preach.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

What UMAC program is out by Dickinson? Fairly certain the nearest current UMAC school from there is Morris, and that's a 6-hour drive.
    Outliers will always have issues. But what im saying is they already travel out to La Crosse and down to Iowa and Nebraska. Combining would give each conference some stabilization of some sort instead of both being on the fringe. Big enough conference means you can make that long drive less frequently.

Dickinson other option is the Frontier Conference (which theyve done before) Either way, they are driving a long ways.

Side note, Montana State University - Northern is identical in colors and logo to Northern State University.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It won't happen due to the NAIA/D3 divide but the UMAC is literally in the middle of the NorthStar. Any long drives are already occurring. A lot of these schools played each other in the past anyways. Each have seven football members. Competition-wise, overall, there isn't much difference except for a team or individual here and there.

The amount of people that think every conference is just going to be some neat little eight team league with everyone within two hours of eachother always makes me giggle. It's the upper Midwest...we are spread out and people have to drive. From HS through college and into worklife, it just is what it is.
    What UMAC program is out by Dickinson? Fairly certain the nearest current UMAC school from there is Morris, and that's a 6-hour drive.

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied

I feel like D3/NAIA would be less likely to create a megaconference like the NSIC has done. Some of the road trips a merger would create would almost rival Minot to Fayette.

It won't happen due to the NAIA/D3 divide but the UMAC is literally in the middle of the NorthStar. Any long drives are already occurring. A lot of these schools played each other in the past anyways. Each have seven football members. Competition-wise, overall, there isn't much difference except for a team or individual here and there.

The amount of people that think every conference is just going to be some neat little eight team league with everyone within two hours of eachother always makes me giggle. It's the upper Midwest...we are spread out and people have to drive. From HS through college and into worklife, it just is what it is.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X